PDA

View Full Version : Steven Spielberg: Jurassic Park 4 Coming in "Two or Three Years"

Teh One Who Knocks
07-22-2011, 10:25 PM
by Natalie Finn - E! Online

http://i.imgur.com/jykhT.jpg

Steven Spielberg made his first-ever appearance at San Diego Comic-Con today, and talked plenty about The Adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn with his coconspirator Peter Jackson.

And what else is he working on? Let's see, only War Horse, Lincoln, Robopocalypse. That should be enough, right?

Nope! He went ahead and confirmed to the crowd that Jurassic Park 4 is in the works too:

"We have a story," Spielberg told 6,000-plus fans in the San Diego Convention Center. "We have a writer who is writing the treatment and hopefully we are going to make Jurassic park 4 in all of our foreseeable futures, hopefully in the next two or three years."

The director then took a long trip down memory lane, thanks to audience questions. Among the things Spielberg revealed were that he produced but perhaps wished he has directed American Beauty (though he credited the great job done by Sam Mendes). Also, that he perhaps had the best time producing "Bob Zemeckis' three Back to the Future movies."

All in all, an incredibly classy panel, capped off with a question from a lucky fan wearing a T-shirt that read "I want to meet Steven Spielberg if only to shake his hand and say thank you."

So the young man, deemed the luckiest guy on the planet by the moderator, got to shake Steven Spielberg's hand while Peter Jackson took their picture.

Hal-9000
07-22-2011, 10:29 PM
I thought Jurassic 2 and 3 kinda went off track...they were good movies, just not the same as the first.

I hope 4 is written better

Hal-9000
07-22-2011, 10:30 PM
written better?

is my grammar ok? :oops:

Leefro
07-22-2011, 10:40 PM
NEW IDEAS STEVEN FFS

Hal-9000
07-22-2011, 11:17 PM
I really liked Schindler's List....I know he's made some all time greats but most of those were so sappy I grew to hate them.

I also really liked his take on War of The Worlds, it was hardcore and shut up Lance, I loved the movie :lol:

deebakes
07-23-2011, 01:54 AM
:bored:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-23-2011, 01:57 AM
I also really liked his take on War of The Worlds, it was hardcore and shut up Lance, I loved the movie :lol:

:|

Hal-9000
07-23-2011, 02:11 AM
It was a Spielberg movie where the father wasn't good at being a parent, people died horribly from the get go and when the aliens were mulching humans in those big basket and tube through the back ships,
then spraying out the red goo and gore landscape everywhere....brilliant.Kids weren't spared any horrors and the situations were cut and dry - Aliens here, humans mulched.No messages, no warnings...just toast.

I loved it

Griffin
07-23-2011, 02:15 AM
e t phone home

Hal-9000
07-23-2011, 02:19 AM
e t phone home

I watched ET for the first time, 3 years ago.I knew all of the references and some of the scenes, but had never seen the movie in full until then.

I was underwhelmed :lol:

Griffin
07-23-2011, 02:27 AM

Today's CG creates that effect on older films. :(

Compare Harryhausen's Clash of the Titans to todays. It looks hokey but I still cling to the classic stop animation.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-23-2011, 02:36 AM
I watched ET for the first time, 3 years ago.I knew all of the references and some of the scenes, but had never seen the movie in full until then.

You liked the crap remake of War of the Worlds but you didn't like ET? :-s

I don't know you anymore :|

Hal-9000
07-23-2011, 02:42 AM
pffffft...aliens here, kids are cute, alien is cuter, no one dies....what a waste of 2 hours and 50 million bucks

Godfather
07-23-2011, 03:57 AM
Boooooooooooooo

DemonGeminiX
07-23-2011, 07:17 AM
Today's CG creates that effect on older films. :(

Compare Harryhausen's Clash of the Titans to todays. It looks hokey but I still cling to the classic stop animation.

Bad example. Harryhausen's original is so superior in many ways to the "remake".

Goofy
07-23-2011, 10:08 AM
pffffft...aliens here, kids are cute, alien is cuter, no one dies....what a waste of 2 hours and 50 million bucks

*kills Hal*

ET was my favourite movie when i was a kid........ i always cried at the end

Teh One Who Knocks
07-23-2011, 11:25 AM
*kills Hal*

:agreed:

Joebob034
07-23-2011, 03:23 PM
I thought Jurassic 2 and 3 kinda went off track...they were good movies, just not the same as the first.

I hope 4 is written better

Jurassic Park is one of my fav movies ever but 2 and 3 sucked ass

Godfather
07-23-2011, 04:19 PM
I would like Spielberg to make a zombie movie please :mrgreen:

Hal-9000
07-23-2011, 06:33 PM
*kills Hal*

No different than you guys watching various classics later in life and then poo-pooing them.
I watched it and my first thought after was - why all the hype?

Maybe if I watched it when I was 17..

Leefro
07-23-2011, 11:11 PM
Bad example. Harryhausen's original is so superior in many ways to the "remake".

Just watched the original and like 98% of the times the original is better

*goes to see if they are remaking Jack The Giant Killer :)