PDA

View Full Version : Woman’s bullets fell out of gun just before she tried to shoot cop

Pony
07-22-2011, 10:33 PM
Shandra Kidd didn’t realize her gun was empty when she tried to shoot a Chicago Police officer.

All the bullets fell out when she was running from the officer.

Unfortunately for her, the officer’s gun was loaded. And the officer shot her in the buttocks.

On Thursday, Kidd was sentenced to 55 years in prison for attempted murder and unlawful possession of a weapon by a felon.

In May 2007, officers were investigating a report of shots fired near 78th and Burnham when they stopped a car Kidd was riding in. She ran and when an officer caught her, she stuck a gun in the officer’s chest and pulled the trigger.

But the gun didn’t go off.

The officer and Kidd struggled and they fell down. When they got up, she stuck the gun in the officer’s chest again and pulled the trigger.

Again, it didn’t go off.

That’s when the officer shot Kidd, 22, of the 7700 block of South Phillips.

Police later found that the cylinder of Kidd’s gun had opened during the chase and all the bullets fell out.

Judge Neil Linehan sentenced Kidd on Thursday.

“This is a fitting and a just sentence for anyone who would be so bold as to fire a gun at a police officer,” Cook County State’s Attorney Anita Alvarez said. “We are grateful that this officer was uninjured in this incident and we will continue to prosecute violent crimes against police officers to the fullest extent of the law.”

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/6636712-417/womans-bullets-fell-out-of-gun-just-before-she-tried-to-shoot-cop.html

Hal-9000
07-22-2011, 10:38 PM
55 years for attempted murder...

no offense to police but why do I feel that if I claimed that I shot at Lance for example and didn't kill or even wound him, that my sentence would be much shorter?

JoeyB
07-22-2011, 10:40 PM
and we will continue to prosecute violent crimes against police officers to the fullest extent of the law.

Crimes against everyone else will be prosecuted to a lesser extent of the law.

Hal-9000
07-22-2011, 10:42 PM
It reads like a bad cartoon...she presses a gun against his chest, fires.She runs away and he chases, catching her, they tussle and again she puts the gun to him and fires.

Then he shoots her in the ass :lol:

JoeyB
07-22-2011, 10:48 PM
It reads like a bad cartoon...she presses a gun against his chest, fires.She runs away and he chases, catching her, they tussle and again she puts the gun to him and fires.

Then he shoots her in the ass :lol:

Sounds to me like they just needed a hotel room and some alone time.

Southern Belle
07-23-2011, 12:53 AM
dumb bitch

Griffin
07-23-2011, 01:20 AM
... An 80 year old man is having his annual checkup. The doctor asks him how he's feeling.

"I've never been better!" he replies. "I've got an eighteen year old bride who's pregnant with my child! What do you think about that?"

The doctor considers this for a moment, then says, "Well, let me tell you a story. I know a guy who's an avid hunter. He never misses a season. But one day he's in a bit of a hurry and he accidentally grabs his umbrella instead of his gun. So he's walking in the woods near a creek and suddenly spots a beaver in some brush in front of him! He raises up his umbrella, points it at the beaver and squeezes the handle. BAM!! The beaver drops dead in front of him."

"That's impossible!" said the old man in disbelief, "Someone else must have shot that beaver."

"Exactly" says the doctor.

Hal-9000
07-23-2011, 01:27 AM
:lol: Grrrroan

Griffin
07-23-2011, 01:31 AM
yeah I know, fleeting connection with the story but

....HEY! did you see that squirrel?

Hal-9000
07-23-2011, 01:36 AM
I for one, enjoy a good joke :thumbsup:

know any?

Griffin
07-23-2011, 01:43 AM
What did the leper say to the prostitute?

...keep the tip!

Hal-9000
07-23-2011, 02:55 AM
I used to do circumcisions for a living...the pay wasn't much but the tips were good :thumbsup:

Loser
07-23-2011, 03:38 AM
I used to do circumcisions for a living...the pay wasn't much but the tips were good :thumbsup:

Onion rings....Damn you muddyguy :(