PDA

View Full Version : Teen who exposed girl, 15, using N-word brags about getting her removed from college

Teh One Who Knocks
12-28-2020, 01:39 PM
By Tom Bull - The Daily Star

https://i.imgur.com/P3sH6FA.jpg

A student said he has “no regrets” after he saved a video of a former classmate using a racial slur before posting it as she was accepted to her dream university.

Jimmy Galligan broke his silence to the New York Times, explaining that he was sent a three-second video last year of a white classmate using the N-word.

Mimi Groves looked dead in the camera when using the vile slur back in 2016, then aged 15.

She says in the clip: “I can drive, n*****s.”

Groves was, at the time, a freshman at Heritage High School in Virginia, US. She had just received her learners permit and was sitting in traffic when she made the video.

https://i.imgur.com/Ql3EC5A.jpg
The then 15-year-old used the N-word

Now 19, she had sent the clip to a friend on Snapchat - but it found it’s way to Galligan, years later when the two were both seniors, The Sun reported.

Galligan, 18, is said to have saved the clip, opting to release it at a time when it would be most damaging to his former classmate.

Having just been accepted into the University of Tennessee, he shared the clip back in June.

He explained to the Times: “I wanted to get her where she would understand the severity of that word.

“If I never posted that video, nothing would have ever happened.”

https://i.imgur.com/fSUt0AH.jpg
Jimmy Galligan said he taught her a lesson

He added that he will be able to tell himself in the future that he “taught somebody a lesson”.

He said: “I’m going to remind myself, you started something. You taught someone a lesson.”

Groves was accepted into her dream college in May and it was only weeks later that she received backlash from friends as she urged her friends to participate in BLM rallies.

She begged pals on Instagram to “protest, donate, sign a petition, rally, and do something”, The Sun reports.

A stranger replied: “You have the audacity to post this, after saying the N-Word.”.

Galligan had shared his stored clip four hours earlier and it was already spreading through social channels on TikTok and Twitter.

In a recent interview Groves said she did not understand the “severity of the word, or the history and context behind it”.

https://i.imgur.com/UXfj0hr.jpg
Groves said her family have been judged for her previous actions

She said that, although not an excuse, the slur was in “all the songs” she listened to.

In response to the three-second clip resurfacing, she said her entire family had struggled with public shaming.

In a Twitter thread in June, her university acknowledged that her placement on the cheerleading team had been revoked, and her place at school pulled.

A spokesman said at the time: “The university takes seriously our commitment to fostering a Volunteer community that values equity, inclusion, and that promotes respect for all people. We have a responsibility to support our black students and create a place where all Vols feel safe.

“On Wednesday, following a racist video and photo surfacing on social media, Athletics made the decision not to allow a prospective student to join the Spirit Program. She will not be attending the university this fall.”

FBD
12-28-2020, 01:51 PM
If this girl were a friend or relative of mine, Jimmy would have no fucking kneecaps

deebakes
12-28-2020, 08:23 PM
wow :(

lost in melb.
12-29-2020, 02:02 AM
What a cunt of a guy...

In a Twitter thread in June, her university acknowledged that her placement on the cheerleading team had been revoked, and her place at school pulled.

A spokesman said at the time: “The university takes seriously our commitment to fostering a Volunteer community that values equity, inclusion, and that promotes respect for all people. We have a responsibility to support our black students and create a place where all Vols feel safe.

“On Wednesday, following a racist video and photo surfacing on social media, Athletics made the decision not to allow a prospective student to join the Spirit Program. She will not be attending the university this fall.”

Was she actually suspended from the University though?

lost in melb.
12-29-2020, 02:27 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/12/26/us/mimi-groves-jimmy-galligan-racial-slurs.amp.html

A more balanced article

lost in melb.
12-29-2020, 02:30 AM
I think the onus is in the school and staff more than anything. The boy was restricted in the options that he had which to some extent forced his hand.

FBD
12-29-2020, 01:37 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/12/26/us/mimi-groves-jimmy-galligan-racial-slurs.amp.html

A more balanced article

"anti black racial slur" :roll: so in other words its only anti black if a white person says it

FBD
12-29-2020, 01:39 PM
I think the onus is in the school and staff more than anything. The boy was restricted in the options that he had which to some extent forced his hand.

his hand was forced to hold on to the footage for 3 years until she was about to go to college and then release it at the time it could cause maximal damage? are you serious??

lost in melb.
12-29-2020, 02:02 PM
his hand was forced to hold on to the footage for 3 years until she was about to go to college and then release it at the time it could cause maximal damage? are you serious??

I don't know the full story and they didn't even interview the school. I don't agree with what he did, but it seems the only way he could get attention about this was to strike at the maximum point of weakness. People can go on about him as much as they want but still ...if he'd been taken seriously maybe he wouldn't have done it.

Teh One Who Knocks
12-29-2020, 02:05 PM
I don't know the full story and they didn't even interview the school. I don't agree with what he did, but it seems the only way he could get attention about this was to strike at the maximum point of weakness. People can go on about him as much as they want but still ...if he'd been taken seriously maybe he wouldn't have done it.

Do you think it's fair to hold an indiscretion against someone that happened when they were 15 years old? And to answer your other question, yes, the school did pull her acceptance.

FBD
12-29-2020, 02:21 PM

I think he wasnt getting any of that pussy and he was doing it for revenge, he didnt give two fucks about the word and was probably shot down by her hard when they were 15

That said, I cant have much sympathy for a BLM sympathizer finding out how easily they will eat one of their own

lost in melb.
12-29-2020, 02:24 PM
Who knows...

Pony
12-29-2020, 02:34 PM
Do you think it's fair to hold an indiscretion against someone that happened when they were 15 years old? And to answer your other question, yes, the school did pull her acceptance.

And to hold her responsible for all the racist things that others had said to him his whole life? He's "punishing" her and ruining her life over something that happened 4 years ago and that she clearly had already regretted. I'm sure he NEVER said or did anything since childhood that was wrong.

deebakes
12-29-2020, 02:44 PM
i just know that i have said and done shit in my past that were probably pretty asshole-ish too. i am a very different person today than i was in my teens, i have been exposed to so much more of the world and its people. my narrow view from childhood is gone. fortunately, none of that early life sentiment is documented like the way life is today :lol:

deebakes
12-29-2020, 02:44 PM
except for the cellar someplace :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
01-04-2021, 05:56 PM
:facepalm: