PDA

View Full Version : Pence 'angry' after Trump says he 'didn't have the courage' to overturn election, Inhofe says

Teh One Who Knocks
01-07-2021, 08:02 PM
By Evie Fordham | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/tI4jwVrl.jpg

Longtime lawmaker Sen. Jim Inhofe, R-Okla., said he'd never seen Vice President Pence as "angry" as he was when President Trump pressured him to decertify and return the results of the presidential election back to the states.

Trump on Wednesday slammed Pence, saying he "didn’t have the courage" to do so.

"I’ve known Mike Pence forever," Inhofe told Tulsa World. "I’ve never seen Pence as angry as he was today."

"I had a long conversation with him," said Inhofe. "He said, 'After all the things I’ve done for (Trump).'"

Inhofe also criticized the president.

"Republicans have always been for states’ rights," Inhofe told Tulsa World. "Democrats are the ones who always tried to nationalize elections."

Pence presided over a joint session of Congress Wednesday to certify the Electoral College results. He said just before the session began that, despite the pressure from the president, he does not believe that he "unilaterally" has the ability to accept or reject electoral votes.

The president insisted that Pence had the power to decertify the results of the 2020 presidential election.

https://i.imgur.com/UjhPfaGl.jpg

"Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution, giving States a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones which they were asked to previously certify," Trump wrote in a now-deleted tweet. "USA demands the truth!"

However, Pence received praise from some Trump supporters.
"Vice President Pence was a profile in courage yesterday," former House Speaker Newt Gingrich wrote on Twitter. "He understood that his oath was to the Constitution not to a party, policy, or person. He did what he believed was right and he did so under enormous pressure. Whether you agreed with his actions his courage deserves credit."

FBD
01-07-2021, 08:14 PM
I'm gonna laugh if he's the first arrest

The Monk
01-08-2021, 03:37 AM
Pence was totally right to protect the will of the electorate and not the unproven misguided tantrum of Trump.

Could Trump's pressure be regarded as treason and he be charged?

lost in melb.
01-08-2021, 03:56 AM
Pence was totally right to protect the will of the electorate and not the unproven misguided tantrum of Trump.

Trump won't be charged - not federally. Too risky

DemonGeminiX
01-08-2021, 10:35 AM

Treason's specifically defined in the US Constitution Article 3, Section 3, first paragraph. Nothing Trump has said or done can be remotely construed as treason.

The text states as follows:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court. The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.

FBD
01-08-2021, 12:47 PM
Nothing Trump has said or done can be remotely construed as treason.:

Pence, however...

DemonGeminiX
01-08-2021, 12:54 PM
Pence, however...

No, Pence hasn't done anything that can be construed as treason either.

Obama, yeah. I'd say that drop shipment of cash to Iran certainly qualifies.

FBD
01-08-2021, 01:14 PM
No, Pence hasn't done anything that can be construed as treason either.

Obama, yeah. I'd say that drop shipment of cash to Iran certainly qualifies.

Pence's actions on 1/6 by participating in the coup and certifying fraud. The VP can absolutely reject what the states have brought to him when there is reason - and there was a shit ton of reason. The VP failed in his sworn duty to uphold and protect the constitution. "Well, I just cant decide who won the election" is a crock of shit.

Pence will be an enemy combatant along with the rest of the traitors.

DemonGeminiX
01-08-2021, 03:03 PM
Pence's actions on 1/6 by participating in the coup and certifying fraud. The VP can absolutely reject what the states have brought to him when there is reason - and there was a shit ton of reason. The VP failed in his sworn duty to uphold and protect the constitution. "Well, I just cant decide who won the election" is a crock of shit.

I posted the constitutional definition of treason above, counselor. According to that precise definition, an elected official failing to uphold and defend the constitution is not treason. If it was, every single politician that ever pushed gun control - past, present, and future - would be charged with treason. There is no specific law in the constitution that dictates that failing to uphold and defend the constitution is a crime, even though there should be.

FBD
01-08-2021, 03:45 PM
I'm sure when the chips are down, unless Pence has somehow struck a deal (which I doubt).....we've got plenty of wiggle room if need be ;)

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?path=/prelim@title18/part1/chapter115&edition=prelim

§2381. Treason
Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies,

§2383. Rebellion or insurrection
Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof

§2384. Seditious conspiracy
If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof,

§2385. Advocating overthrow of Government
Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government; or

DemonGeminiX
01-08-2021, 04:03 PM
Fun fact: This country was founded by people who engaged in all 4 of those against their former government, which makes the fact that we have them coded as law kinda ironic.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-08-2021, 04:05 PM
Fun fact: This country was founded by people who engaged in all 4 of those against their former government, which makes the fact that we have them coded as law kinda ironic.

"We must all hang together, or...we shall all hang separately,"

~Benjamin Franklin (attributed)

The Monk
01-10-2021, 09:54 AM

Not a single reason given has any shred of proof - the courts decided that!

You cannot overturn the electorate because of one person's hissy fit!!

FBD
01-10-2021, 03:07 PM
Not a single reason given has any shred of proof - the courts decided that!

You cannot overturn the electorate because of one person's hissy fit!!

:lol: not a single court rejected one of these cases based on evidence. you are dreaming something in your head :lol: