PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated DoorDash driver takes food back over customer’s $8 tip

Teh One Who Knocks
01-08-2021, 01:53 PM
By Jackie Salo - New York Post

https://i.imgur.com/SsaYAvKl.jpg

A DoorDash driver refused to give a Long Island customer his food after she felt stiffed by the $8 tip.

The heated confrontation was recorded on a Ring doorbell camera outside a home in Smithtown.

“I don’t think you realize the distance that it’s coming from because then you would never actually have given what you gave,” the female driver could be heard saying in a video posted to YouTube last week.

She then explained to the male customer that she “drove 40 minutes” to deliver the order from the neighboring town of Commack.

“Do you realize how far it is? Do you realize you ordered from Commack and you’re in Smithtown?” the woman said.

The customer insisted that the job involved a “15-, 20-minute drive” — which the woman denies.

“I just drove it, it’s 40 minutes. It’s 12½ miles,” she said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od5oQROVbrw

When pressed on why she accepted the job, the woman explained that the app doesn’t reveal the total distance to couriers.

She then urged him to “make it right” by adjusting the tip and explained that he left $8 on the bill.

But the man pushes back, asking, “What the hell are you looking for?! I gave an $8 tip!”

“Okay, I’m gonna bring the food back,” she said before walking back down the driveway.

It’s unclear when the encounter occurred.

DoorDash didn’t immediately respond to request for comment.

FBD
01-08-2021, 01:57 PM
I'm wondering how it comes about that the bitch has both the food and the money

Teh One Who Knocks
01-08-2021, 01:59 PM
I'm wondering how it comes about that the bitch has both the food and the money

With food delivery apps, you pay in advance through the app, the driver takes the order (if they want), and then they deliver it. So at one point they have both the food and the money until they drop the food off to you. You tip in advance with delivery apps like DoorDash and GrubHub.

DemonGeminiX
01-08-2021, 03:17 PM
:-s

12 1/2 miles takes 40 minutes? What is she doing, jogging?

Teh One Who Knocks
01-08-2021, 03:27 PM
:-s

12 1/2 miles takes 40 minutes? What is she doing, jogging?

And she was lying about that too, someone in the comments under the YT vid said it's actually like 5.5 miles, he Google Mapped it.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-08-2021, 03:29 PM
Plus when orders pop up on the Dashers app, they see the amount and the distance and they do not have to accept the order. She accepted it, so it's on her.

DemonGeminiX
01-08-2021, 03:36 PM
And she was lying about that too, someone in the comments under the YT vid said it's actually like 5.5 miles, he Google Mapped it.

That makes it even worse. Before it was 18.75 miles/hr, which, I don't care if it's city driving, you can still go faster than that. With 5.5 miles, it's 8.25 miles/hr, which is ridiculous, unless you're on roller skates.

FBD
01-08-2021, 03:39 PM
I was gonna say, I could drive through Queens more quickly :lol:

Goofy
01-08-2021, 07:03 PM
If she'd tried that over here she'd have earned herself a swift boot in the cunt

FBD
01-08-2021, 07:15 PM
:lol:

boot to the....reminds me of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V1Mn5-xF0w

Godfather
01-09-2021, 08:44 AM
I always just tip the default amount on the App. If I order dinner for 2 and it comes out to $35, it's usually a $4-6 tip which seems fair (doordash has a bunch of fees too and sadly skim a LOT off the restaurants, so they can get bent if they think I'm going much higher than that). An $8 tip is pretty generous for doordash from my experience.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-11-2021, 04:53 PM
I always just tip the default amount on the App. If I order dinner for 2 and it comes out to $35, it's usually a $4-6 tip which seems fair (doordash has a bunch of fees too and sadly skim a LOT off the restaurants, so they can get bent if they think I'm going much higher than that). An $8 tip is pretty generous for doordash from my experience.

They also inflate the food cost, so they are sticking it to you every step

Teh One Who Knocks
01-11-2021, 05:01 PM
They also inflate the food cost, so they are sticking it to you every step

DoorDash doesn't raise the menu prices, the restaurants do. It says that right on the menus in the app. I'm sure the restaurants raise the prices for DoorDash and GrubHub and such because they (the delivery service) charges the restaurants such high fees.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-11-2021, 05:25 PM
Oh, I just noticed that if you compare the online menu to the doordash menu its for sure more expensive.

FBD
01-11-2021, 06:00 PM
I'd have to have a pair of broken legs or be otherwise incapacitated to ever be lazy enough to use this, though :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-11-2021, 06:01 PM
I'd have to have a pair of broken legs or be otherwise incapacitated to ever be lazy enough to use this, though :lol:

I use it to have lunch delivered at work. It's worth it to me to not have to clock out, drive somewhere to go and get food, and drive back. I use it as a treat once or twice a month.