PDA

View Full Version : Man allegedly sets himself on fire while trying to burn down home: report

Teh One Who Knocks
01-12-2021, 12:03 PM
By David Aaro | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/J3lNYRIl.jpg

A Florida man was seriously injured after he apparently set himself on fire while allegedly trying to torch a home in the Tampa area on Sunday morning, according to a report.

The suspect, Scott Anthony Massa, 51, allegedly broke a window and dumped a bucket of accelerant into the residence, which ignited and set him ablaze, Fox 13 of Tampa Bay reported.

Massa allegedly fled the scene and was detained after an officer spotted him at Tampa's St. Joseph’s Hospital, the report said.

Massa was taken to the burn unit at Tampa General Hospital. As of Sunday night, he remained hospitalized, Fox 13 reported.

Arson investigators are in the process of determining appropriate charges, according to the Tampa Police Department.

Police say the residence was not set on fire, the station reported. It's not clear if it was his home.

DemonGeminiX
01-12-2021, 12:08 PM
There was an old comedy movie where a guy was on fire, some dude asked him for a light for his cigarette, and the on fire dude just stuck out his arm. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of it.

FBD
01-12-2021, 12:52 PM
Took a gander and all I could come up with was John Carpenter's cigarette burns, was pretty sure that wasnt it :lol: