PDA

View Full Version : Twitter's Dorsey says Trump's ban just beginning of crackdown in leaked video

Teh One Who Knocks
01-15-2021, 12:23 PM
By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/wkemYHHh.jpg

A leaked recording of Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey suggests that the company's policy enforcement actions will go far beyond banning President Trump.

The right-wing guerilla news outlet Project Veritas released a clip on Thursday given to them by a purported Twitter "insider whistleblower" who secretly recorded remarks by Dorsey to staff.

"You should always feel free to express yourself in whatever format manifestation feels right," Dorsey said in the clip.

Dorsey, who recently addressed the controversy over his company's decision to permanently suspend the president, told staff in a virtual meeting that Twitter will do a "full retro" that will "take some time," but drew focus to the platform's former most high-profile account.

"We know we are focused on one account right now, but this is going to be much bigger than just one account, and it’s going to go on for much longer than just this day, this week, and the next few weeks, and go on beyond the inauguration," Dorsey said. "So, the focus is certainly on this account and how it ties to real-world violence. But also, we need to think much longer-term around how these dynamics play out over time. I don't believe this is going away anytime soon."
Dorsey then referenced actions taken against QAnon conspiracy theorists as part of a recent purge of Twitter accounts, telling staff it's part of a "much broader approach that we should be looking at and going deeper on."

"You know, the U.S. is extremely divided. Our platform is showing that every single day," Dorsey later said. "And our role is to protect the integrity of that conversation and do what we can to make sure that no one is being harmed based off that. And that is our focus."

Project Veritas founder James O'Keefe teased Thursday that more leaks from Twitter may come, saying "we've had over a dozen people reach out to us this week with video evidence inside Twitter."

"Stay tuned," O'Keefe told viewers. "They may be private companies, but they have more power than all three branches of government."

A Twitter spokesperson told Fox News, "The remarks shown in the video were delivered to our more than 5,400 employees and are nearly the same words Jack shared in a recent Tweet Thread offering context around and reflections on our work to protect the conversation in recent weeks."

On Wednesday, Dorsey defended Twitter's decision to permanently suspend President Trump's account, saying that it was the "right decision."

He did acknowledge, however, that taking such actions "fragment the public conversation", "divide us" and "limit the potential for clarification, redemption, and learning." He also admitted that the power of his corporation in the "global public conversation" has set a "dangerous" precedent.

In a recent interview on "Hannity," O'Keefe told the host that "in this time of moral and political crisis, I think courage is contagious, and we have all these whistleblowers coming to us, insiders helping us expose."

"We need more of these people," O'Keefe added. "Right now, I think, is the time to be hopeful if we can create an army of exposers, because exposure itself, sunlight needs to be the best disinfectant. Exposure itself is the solution."

FBD
01-15-2021, 01:15 PM
Qanon is the excuse, but this is an attempted gear shift by the globohomopedos

lost in melb.
01-17-2021, 07:05 AM
"You know, the U.S. is extremely divided. Our platform is showing that every single day," Dorsey later said. "And our role is to protect the integrity of that conversation and do what we can to make sure that no one is being harmed based off that. And that is our focus."

lost in melb.
01-17-2021, 07:06 AM
It all changes when people start getting violent.

DemonGeminiX
01-17-2021, 08:05 AM
It all changes when people start getting violent.

Funny then that Twitter didn't suspend the accounts of those Democrat Representatives and Senators during times when they called for violence, which Trump did not do at that rally. The standard is not being applied equally. Dorsey is a fucking liar.

lost in melb.
01-17-2021, 08:14 AM
Funny then that Twitter didn't suspend the accounts of those Democrat Representatives and Senators during times when they called for violence, The standard is not being applied equally. Dorsey is a fucking liar.

Which Senators, which violence and who was harmed?

which Trump did not do at that rally.

No, he just pressed buttons for months on end.

lost in melb.
01-17-2021, 08:16 AM
https://i.ibb.co/2SCV6jn/Egs-Tc-Tq-Xk-AAg0-7-1.png (https://ibb.co/0K64XfD)

DemonGeminiX
01-17-2021, 11:04 AM
Which Senators, which violence and who was harmed?

Dude, give me a break, they've been doing it nonstop for the past 4 years. Rep Maxine Waters, Rep Nancy Pelosi, The Squad (at various times, but mostly Omar and Pressly), Rep Eric Swalwell, Sen Cory Booker, VP Kamala Harris (then Sen), P Joe Biden, tons of Democrat supporters (actors and musicians... like DeNiro, Madonna, Rosie O'Donnel, D-Lister Kathy Griffin, Snoop Dogg, etc). One could say that their words inspired the acts of Antifa and various assaults on people during riots. If words matter, then they're far more guilty than Trump is.

No, he just pressed buttons for months on end.

:wah: He pushed buttons!!!! WAAAHHHH!!!!! Bad Orange Man pushed buttons!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! !!!!

lost in melb.
01-17-2021, 11:17 AM
Yep, some Trump supporters are that stupid

‘Trump said to do so’: Accounts of rioters who say the president spurred them to rush the Capitol could be pivotal testimony

A man from Kentucky told the FBI that he and his cousin began marching toward the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 because “President Trump said to do so.” Chanting “Stop the steal,” the two men tramped through the building and snapped a photo of themselves with their middle fingers raised, according to court documents.

Support our journalism. Subscribe today.
A video clip of another group of rioters mobbing the steps of the Capitol caught one man screaming at a police officer: “We were invited here! We were invited by the president of the United States!”

A retired firefighter from Pennsylvania who has been charged with throwing a fire extinguisher at police officers felt he was “instructed” to go to the Capitol by the president, a tipster told the FBI, according to court documents.

The accounts of people who said they were inspired by the president to take part in the melee inside the Capitol vividly show the impact of Trump’s months-long attack on the integrity of the 2020 election and his exhortations to supporters to “fight” the results.

Some have said they felt called to Washington by Trump and his false message that the election had been stolen, as well as by his efforts to pressure Congress and Vice President Pence to overturn the result.

But others drew an even more direct link — telling the FBI or news organizations that they headed to the Capitol on what they believed were direct orders from the president issued at a rally that day.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-rioters-testimony/2021/01/16/01b3d5c6-575b-11eb-a931-5b162d0d033d_story.html?outputType=amp

FBD
01-17-2021, 01:09 PM
yep, many "journalists" are that stupid

Pony
01-17-2021, 01:25 PM
Dude, give me a break, they've been doing it nonstop for the past 4 years. Rep Maxine Waters, Rep Nancy Pelosi, The Squad (at various times, but mostly Omar and Pressly), Rep Eric Swalwell, Sen Cory Booker, VP Kamala Harris (then Sen), P Joe Biden, tons of Democrat supporters (actors and musicians... like DeNiro, Madonna, Rosie O'Donnel, D-Lister Kathy Griffin, Snoop Dogg, etc). One could say that their words inspired the acts of Antifa and various assaults on people during riots. If words matter, then they're far more guilty than Trump is.

Some of them not only called for violence, they contributed bail money to get the rioters out of jail.

DemonGeminiX
01-17-2021, 03:17 PM
Yep, some Trump supporters are that stupid

‘Trump said to do so’: Accounts of rioters who say the president spurred them to rush the Capitol could be pivotal testimony

A man from Kentucky told the FBI that he and his cousin began marching toward the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 because “President Trump said to do so.” Chanting “Stop the steal,” the two men tramped through the building and snapped a photo of themselves with their middle fingers raised, according to court documents.

Support our journalism. Subscribe today.
A video clip of another group of rioters mobbing the steps of the Capitol caught one man screaming at a police officer: “We were invited here! We were invited by the president of the United States!”

A retired firefighter from Pennsylvania who has been charged with throwing a fire extinguisher at police officers felt he was “instructed” to go to the Capitol by the president, a tipster told the FBI, according to court documents.

The accounts of people who said they were inspired by the president to take part in the melee inside the Capitol vividly show the impact of Trump’s months-long attack on the integrity of the 2020 election and his exhortations to supporters to “fight” the results.

Some have said they felt called to Washington by Trump and his false message that the election had been stolen, as well as by his efforts to pressure Congress and Vice President Pence to overturn the result.

But others drew an even more direct link — telling the FBI or news organizations that they headed to the Capitol on what they believed were direct orders from the president issued at a rally that day.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-rioters-testimony/2021/01/16/01b3d5c6-575b-11eb-a931-5b162d0d033d_story.html?outputType=amp

The funny thing about that is that Trump's entire speech was recorded where he didn't tell them to do that, so all the defense has to do is play Trump's speech. I bet those idiot Trump "supporters" will enjoy being slapped with a contempt of Congress charge as well as a lying under oath charge.

lost in melb.
01-17-2021, 04:15 PM
The funny thing about that is that Trump's entire speech was recorded where he didn't tell them to do that, so all the defense has to do is play Trump's speech. I bet those idiot Trump "supporters" will enjoy being slapped with a contempt of Congress charge as well as a lying under oath charge.

Trump's words carry far more weight than the average citizen.

Trump used 10 seconds of a 60 minute speech to ask for "peaceful" demeanor - surrounded by 59 minutes of rants about stopping Congress from certifying the vote, stolen elections, raging against Republican officials in Georgia, and lashing out at anyone who wouldn't kiss his ass in Congress. This on top of 6 weeks straight of rants online. One mention of "peace" in hundreds of tweets and speeches.

Courts look at intent. The intent of Trump was to stop the certification of the vote in Congress. And Trump's MAGA folk did the only thing left in the arsenal to carry out Trump's wishes.

Trump then sat there, watching the violence unfold - and waited.

At any time during the riot, Trump could have tweeted that violence was NOT what he meant to happen. Yet he sat there, watching. His MAGA people were on their phones, you can see them recording all over the riot. Yet Trump was silent for hours after the violence began.

Trump's intent is there for all to see.

FBD
01-17-2021, 04:17 PM
see.

https://media.tenor.com/images/4bcfb3ca95ea6faf41598c9889c0e1ce/tenor.gif

sorry man that's just absolutely hilarious, there couldnt possibly be a more cheesy pre canned cia meme than that response

another reason I stayed off of facebook, I knew by the time the LifeLog project went and backed Zuckerberg's "book of faces" idea (and thats about all he had) that it was just going to be a glowie data tracking farm to both track and sway public opinion

unfortunately its insulting to tell a man he's been fooled, there's just no good way to say it

DemonGeminiX
01-17-2021, 09:12 PM
Trump's words carry far more weight than the average citizen.

Trump used 10 seconds of a 60 minute speech to ask for "peaceful" demeanor - surrounded by 59 minutes of rants about stopping Congress from certifying the vote, stolen elections, raging against Republican officials in Georgia, and lashing out at anyone who wouldn't kiss his ass in Congress. This on top of 6 weeks straight of rants online. One mention of "peace" in hundreds of tweets and speeches.

Courts look at intent. The intent of Trump was to stop the certification of the vote in Congress. And Trump's MAGA folk did the only thing left in the arsenal to carry out Trump's wishes.

Trump then sat there, watching the violence unfold - and waited.

At any time during the riot, Trump could have tweeted that violence was NOT what he meant to happen. Yet he sat there, watching. His MAGA people were on their phones, you can see them recording all over the riot. Yet Trump was silent for hours after the violence began.

Trump's intent is there for all to see.

I studied criminal justice before becoming a mathematician and have a family full of cops and lawyers. Don't you dare ever lecture me on how the justice system works, ever again. The nerve.

This is not a legit criminal accusation. Impeachment is about politics. Impeachment is tried in the Senate, based on an accusation levied by the House. No courts are involved. In both impeachment cases of Trump, they're nothing more than political hit jobs: the first one was an attempt by the Congressional Democrats to remove Trump from office because he beat their heir apparent girl and made everybody look bad. They lied up and down and it didn't work. This one is to try to prevent him from running for office again, because after Joe Biden and Kamala Harris fucks everything up really bad, the people are gonna beg Trump to run again and the people will forgive every little colorful tweet he ever posted.

And you're incredibly obtuse on your idea of intent. If that's intent, then the Democrats and media are all guilty of the same thing for stroking BLM and Antifa riots as "peaceful protests".

lost in melb.
01-18-2021, 02:10 AM
I studied criminal justice before becoming a mathematician and have a family full of cops and lawyers. Don't you dare ever lecture me on how the justice system works, ever again. The nerve.

This is not a legit criminal accusation. Impeachment is about politics. Impeachment is tried in the Senate, based on an accusation levied by the House. No courts are involved. In both impeachment cases of Trump, they're nothing more than political hit jobs: the first one was an attempt by the Congressional Democrats to remove Trump from office because he beat their heir apparent girl and made everybody look bad. They lied up and down and it didn't work. This one is to try to prevent him from running for office again, because after Joe Biden and Kamala Harris fucks everything up really bad, the people are gonna beg Trump to run again and the people will forgive every little colorful tweet he ever posted.

And you're incredibly obtuse on your idea of intent. If that's intent, then the Democrats and media are all guilty of the same thing for stroking BLM and Antifa riots as "peaceful protests".

I do what I want mister. My idea, my brain.

Capitol was breached 1.30 pm. Trump then tweets videos egging crowd on, then later after senators are evacuated and his supporters were inside Trump ( fully aware and monitoring the situation ) tweets: “Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution, giving States a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones which they were asked to previously certify. USA demands the truth!”

Apparently Trump was delighted with the turn of events.

Next tweet he called them beautiful people. Could have stopped it any time and certainly prevented it with a few tweets. I certainly think that's grounds for impeachment.

Your misinterpretation of my intent, personal insult and attempt at authority to intimidate me are noted.