PDA

View Full Version : NY Times editor mocked for Biden fanfare as President-elect lands at Joint Base Andrews: 'I have chills'

Teh One Who Knocks
01-20-2021, 12:28 PM
By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/8SQhQv0h.jpg

New York Times editor Lauren Wolfe was ridiculed on social media Tuesday for hyping the arrival of President-elect Joe Biden at Joint Base Andrews ahead of Wednesday's inauguration.

Wolfe couldn't resist tweeting out her reaction while watching CNN's coverage of Biden's plane landing on the tarmac.

"Biden landing at Joint Base Andrews now," she wrote. "I have chills."

She then knocked the Trump administration for apparently not providing a military plane to ferry Biden from Delaware.

"The pettiness of the Trump admin not sending a military plane to bring him to D.C. as is tradition is mortifying," wrote Wolfe, who added, "Childish."

The Times editor was mocked by critics, many of them invoking former MSNBC host Chris Matthew's infamous "thrill up the leg" remark about President Obama.

"It’s okay, The NY Times will get through this," conservative commentator Stephen Miller quipped.

"Prepare for four years of this from the media," the Media Research Center warned.

"Journos getting thrills up their legs again This is what the next 4 years are gonna be like," Twitter personality Comfortably Smug similarly predicted.

"Female version of Chris Matthews," former Trump surrogate Amy Kremer declared.
Wolfe later deleted her tweet knocking the Trump administration after she was fact-checked by critics who cited reports that the Biden team was offered a military plane but chose to fly private.

Following the mockery, the Times editor deactivated her Twitter account.

FBD
01-20-2021, 12:31 PM
You've got to actually be president in order for AF1 to be your ride :razz:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-20-2021, 12:37 PM
You've got to actually be president in order for AF1 to be your ride :razz:

He will be in just over 4 hours and 20 minutes.

FBD
01-20-2021, 12:43 PM
He will be in just over 4 hours and 20 minutes.

:lol: so have you figured out how you'd like to do the bet thread? there isnt an option for "FEMA has taken over for now"

Teh One Who Knocks
01-20-2021, 01:05 PM
:lol: so have you figured out how you'd like to do the bet thread? there isnt an option for "FEMA has taken over for now"

As soon as he is sworn in, I will be settling the wager threads.

FBD
01-20-2021, 01:08 PM
As soon as he is sworn in, I will be settling the wager threads.

So I'll get my reward when FEMA's time is over, then :razz: Provided they just seat Trump, there's always the chance they call for a new election.

:roll: and why did this change?

This event will pay out after 11-08-2020 at 02:00 AM

It was set to pay out after 6pm today, originally.

I said fuckery's happening and now you're going to change it to right after he's sworn in :lol:

and why are the biden wagers gone?

I'm just curious why it had to be fucked with