PDA

View Full Version : Pizza Hut debuting Detroit-style pizza in response to 'growing popularity' of the style

Teh One Who Knocks
01-26-2021, 11:59 AM
By Michael Bartiromo | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/Wvgc7xEl.jpg

Pizza Hut is getting ready to debut Detroit-style pizza, presumably for anyone who might be bored with regular ol’ Pizza Hut-style pizza.

Pizza Hut on Tuesday announced the nationwide rollout of its new Detroit-style pizzas, launched in response to "the growing popularity of this pizza style across the country and requests from customers," according to a press release. The new, thick-crust offering is currently available at participating Pizza Hut locations nationwide.

The new pizzas come in four varieties: Detroit Double Pepperoni, with both regular and "cupped" pepperoni slices; Double Cheesy, with mozzarella and aged Parmesan; Meaty Deluxe, with bacon, Italian sausage and pepperoni; and Supremo, with Italian sausage, red onions and green peppers.

Each of the rectangular pies will also be made with vine-ripened tomato sauce over the top — a new ingredient reserved solely for Pizza Hut’s Detroit-style pizza.

The pizzas will be priced at 10.99 each, though prices may vary by location, per a press release.

Pizza Hut further claims to have tested 500 iterations of their recipe while developing the new Detroit-style pizzas, "testing several of those in the Midwest, where this distinct style was born."

Indeed, Detroit-style pizza was said to be first developed in 1946 by restaurateur by Detroit bar owner Gus Guerra and his wife Anna, per the Michigan Economic Development Corporation's Pure Michigan campaign. Legend has it that the pizzas themselves are rectangular because Guerra used industrial metal trays — which were intended for use by local auto workers, to hold spare parts — in which to bake the thick-crust creations.

Detroit-style pizza, meanwhile, has already been brought to a national market by Little Caesars in 2013, when the Detroit-based chain launched its first version of the largely regional dish.

FBD
01-26-2021, 01:26 PM
I thought pizza hut went out of business :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
01-26-2021, 04:14 PM
I can only imagine they will take their all ready grease soaked pizza and just make it greasier

Teh One Who Knocks
01-26-2021, 04:15 PM
I can only imagine they will take their all ready grease soaked pizza and just make it greasier

Around here, Pizza Hut is definitely the worst of the "Big Three" pizza chains.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-26-2021, 04:50 PM
I agree, I would say Papa Johns, Little Ceasars, Dominos then Pizza Hut.
But, 99% of the time, I buy from the local pizza place, rarely from these chains

FBD
01-26-2021, 05:02 PM
I cant say that I recall having chain pizza in this century :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
01-26-2021, 05:17 PM
I agree, I would say Papa Johns, Little Ceasars, Dominos then Pizza Hut.
But, 99% of the time, I buy from the local pizza place, rarely from these chains

I haven't had Little Caesars in forever, so I can't rank them. And Domino's has REALLY stepped up their quality around here, so it's almost a tie between them and Papa John's here, but I would give Papa John's the slight edge.

PorkChopSandwiches
01-26-2021, 05:23 PM
My daughter works at Dominos so I have it from time to time, my biggest complaint with them is if you dont eat it right away it is terrible, my favorite part of having pizza is cold pizza later :lol:

lost in melb.
01-26-2021, 05:57 PM

As befits your reputation for non-normality :rolleyes:

FBD
01-26-2021, 06:31 PM
As befits your reputation for non-normality :rolleyes:

*twists moustache* why thank you

But I say to you, my friends, as I move to my conclusion, there are certain things in our nation and in the world which I am proud to be maladjusted and which I hope all men of good‐will will be maladjusted until the good societies realize.

deebakes
01-27-2021, 02:32 AM
pizza hut is so horrendous... my kids love pizza, we tried pizza hut once and they didn't even finish their first slices :lol:

lost in melb.
01-27-2021, 03:09 AM
Who eats it?

Or should I not ask that question...:-k

Godfather
01-27-2021, 07:49 AM
I was at a client's office delivering training a year or so back. Told them to order takeout, whatever the felt like. They ordered fucking pizza hut... knowing damn well the guy from the big company was paying for it even if they ordered sushi boats for everyone :lol: Maybe they were just being cheap to be polite, but I've never gone back to that office... sickos.

perrhaps
01-27-2021, 10:19 AM

I thought you were from Connecticut. Whenever my post-retirement, "part-time" job gets me up there, I love Frank Pepe's pizza.

FBD
01-27-2021, 12:42 PM
I thought you were from Connecticut. Whenever my post-retirement, "part-time" job gets me up there, I love Frank Pepe's pizza.

hehe, exactly, I'm from Portnoy's Pizza Capital of the World, I can drive 10 minutes and get Pepe's...and if I dont want to leave town I have 3 really good mom & pop joints in town

Hugh_Janus
01-27-2021, 09:45 PM
My daughter works at Dominos so I have it from time to time, my biggest complaint with them is if you dont eat it right away it is terrible, my favorite part of having pizza is cold pizza later :lol:

that is weird because I like dominos and cold izza>hot pizza but cold dominos is shit

Godfather
01-28-2021, 07:15 AM
I like Doms too, in my area it always arrives stupidly fast and it's always hot and consistently good, plus it's great value.

It's not the best pizza by any stretch, but sometimes you just want a nice greasy pepperoni pizza, and it's so damn easy to order from there.

I agree with Porky though, it's shitty leftovers IMO. The crust goes rock hard and dry.

lost in melb.
01-28-2021, 08:33 AM
You probably don't have this where you guys are...

https://www.bubbapizza.com.au/ does me fine

DemonGeminiX
01-28-2021, 12:13 PM

Looks kinda good, although I question some of the selections.

FBD
01-28-2021, 01:20 PM
>capsicum
what's the matter with saying red peppers :lol:

DemonGeminiX
01-28-2021, 01:35 PM
>capsicum

Dude, they call 'flip flops' 'thongs'.

Teh One Who Knocks
01-28-2021, 01:37 PM

:hand:

A plant based pizza called 'The Pumpkin Lover'? :-s

:gtfo:

lost in melb.
01-28-2021, 02:04 PM
>capsicum

Dude, they call 'flip flops' 'thongs'.

:hand:

A plant based pizza called 'The Pumpkin Lover'? :-s

:gtfo: