PDA

View Full Version : Amy Winehouse Found Dead

Joebob034
07-23-2011, 04:45 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14262237

23 July 2011 Last updated at 12:41 ET

Amy Winehouse found dead, aged 27
Breaking news

Singer Amy Winehouse, 27, has been found dead at her home, the Press Association has reported.

Last month, the north Londoner pulled out of her European tour after she was jeered at her comeback gig in Serbia for appearing too drunk to perform.

For 90 minutes, she mumbled through parts of songs and at times left the stage - leaving her band to fill in.

The troubled singer had a long battle with drink and drugs which overshadowed her musical career in recent years.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed that a 27-year-old woman had died in Camden and that the cause of death was as yet unexplained.

London Ambulance Service had been called to the flat at 1554 BST and sent two ambulances but the woman died, it said.

AntZ
07-23-2011, 04:49 PM
I had to do a double take when I just saw the headline.

Like millions of other people out there knew, it was just a matter of time.

Her life had been on a downward spiral for a long time, it's just a shame that her so called loved ones couldn't get and keep her cleaned up.

deebakes
07-23-2011, 05:17 PM
:rip:

SmoothBob
07-23-2011, 05:26 PM
Joined the '27' club..

DemonGeminiX
07-23-2011, 05:31 PM
RIP

RBP
07-23-2011, 05:38 PM
:rip:

deebakes
07-23-2011, 05:57 PM
overdose i'm sure :(

Loser
07-23-2011, 06:26 PM
Yea, I'd be lying if I said I didn't see it coming. =/

Hal-9000
07-23-2011, 06:30 PM
I thought of the 27 thing too..some may not put her in that class, she did have a very good voice at one time.
What a loss

Yt Trash
07-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Hey people so shocked & saddened to learn a drug addict killed herself - did you know a guy massacred 92 people in Norway yesterday?

Hal-9000
07-23-2011, 06:35 PM
different section of the forum...one is world news and one is celeb gossip, can't see how they're comparable

yes the Norway incident was shocking and tragic

Yt Trash
07-23-2011, 06:38 PM
different section of the forum...one is world news and one is celeb gossip, can't see how they're comparable

yes the Norway incident was shocking and tragic

I'm sorry. Just ranting. My FB wall is blowing up with this BS and not much was said about the massacre. It's a said world we live in when the life of one overshadows many others.

Hal-9000
07-23-2011, 06:40 PM
hey no worries...just a different piece of news is all.The Norway attack is a different kind of horrible shock with ripples and repercussions

the Winehouse thing is weird, although it certainly seemed in the cards for her...almost inevitable

I riffed on her so much I feel guilty

RBP
07-23-2011, 07:40 PM
I riffed on her so much I feel guilty

No you don't, you heartless bastard. :x

Goofy
07-23-2011, 07:41 PM
Waste of talent......... i feel no sorrow for her though, play with fire you'll eventually get burned

redred
07-23-2011, 09:12 PM
sorry but like many have said it was long over due , yes her music was good i wasn't a big fan but i'm sure that who ever is in charge of have money will now get a few more quid when her albums rise back up the charts

JoeyB
07-23-2011, 09:14 PM
I had to do a double take when I just saw the headline.

it's just a shame that her so called loved ones couldn't get and keep her cleaned up

I saw this earlier on my facebook page. It didn't shock me one bit. Literally...not one bit of reaction. It was as if I read 'bread tastes good with butter'.

Another wasted life. It was her choice though.

Also, the 'so called love ones' thing seems off. I'm not trying to give you grief Antz, sincerely I'm not...it's just that drug addicts are beyond help, unless they find it within themselves to change. You can't blame the family for not getting her clean.

My nephew died at a young age due to drugs. He left behind a wife who was ready to give birth. People tried to get him clean, we thought he was, but he started sneaking them behind people's backs and was found dead one day. Nobody knew until then he was even back on the stuff. Even if anyone had known at that point it was all up to him, he had every chance, but the drugs owned him and it was the course of action he opted for.

samarchepas
07-23-2011, 09:46 PM
Sad for her family and all...but it was her choice, no one else...more people are talking about her because of her fame than the KILLING SPREE in Norway!

Oofty Goofty
07-23-2011, 09:56 PM
She was blessed with a gift that most people can only dream about, and she pissed it all away on a self destructive life style.

JoeyB
07-23-2011, 10:17 PM
more people are talking about her because of her fame than the KILLING SPREE in Norway!

In an odd way this is easier for me to digest and discuss, as far as tragedy goes. This isn't meant to be a flippant comment. But it was unforeseeable and difficult to understand as far as Norway goes. Amy is easier to process...it's more humanly relatable than random bloodshed and horror.

AntZ
07-23-2011, 10:31 PM
Also, the 'so called love ones' thing seems off. I'm not trying to give you grief Antz, sincerely I'm not...it's just that drug addicts are beyond help, unless they find it within themselves to change. You can't blame the family for not getting her clean.

My nephew died at a young age due to drugs. He left behind a wife who was ready to give birth. People tried to get him clean, we thought he was, but he started sneaking them behind people's backs and was found dead one day. Nobody knew until then he was even back on the stuff. Even if anyone had known at that point it was all up to him, he had every chance, but the drugs owned him and it was the course of action he opted for.

I know what you're saying, but I'm not necessarily talking about the average drug addict here, I'm talking about wealthy celebrities. When I say loved ones, I'm also including the people that used her as their meal ticket! In the case of high profile artists/celebrity's there is a long long history of people that become enablers! She was wrecked last month, and couldn't continue her tour, her closes circle on insiders could have had her committed! Even Steve-O from Jackass was completely out of control and under the influence of a half dozen drugs, the Jackass inner circle showed up at his house and were ready to physically assault him and have him commuted under California Welfare and Institutions Code Section 5150. They that day had him committed!

Sure, it also takes a life changing commitment from the person under the influence, but at least she could have been getting treatment somewhere! From Billy Holiday to Boy George to Howard Hughes to Michel Jackson...., those heavily addicted people are just surrounded by "yes men" that will do everything they can to keep their meal tickets happy. Only Boy George getting turned in by his brother and getting busted was what got the ball rolling on his recovery. No one will know all the facts, I was generalizing, but history with rich addicted celebrities has proved that it always repeats itself!

JoeyB
07-23-2011, 10:37 PM
those heavily addicted people are just surrounded by "yes men" that will do everything they can to keep their meal tickets happy

Well there is no disputing this.

deebakes
07-23-2011, 11:27 PM
Yes, man.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-24-2011, 01:37 AM
Waste of talent......... i feel no sorrow for her though, play with fire you'll eventually get burned

This ^^

Noilly Pratt
07-24-2011, 01:52 AM
Sad, but not surprising. Makes me sad when a young takes themselves out of the game of life with self destructive behaviour.

Southern Belle
07-24-2011, 02:41 AM
I haven't seen any news on tv all day, which is rare for me because that's usually what I watch first thing in the morning. I didn't turn the tv on all day today until about an hour ago.
I heard about Amy Winehouse on fb. I never heard her music that I know of. Just knew about her problems and antics.
Sad when a young person succumbs to drugs and alcohol and sadly, that has been the demise of so many talented artists.
Haven't heard about the tragedy in Norway until here tonight. If it isn't on our news, maybe it's on BBC.

Godfather
07-24-2011, 02:52 AM
CNN should be ashamed of themselves for having this on their front page/top article... the one person most responsible for her own demise (in the midst of wild success)..... instead of the story out of Norway where a gunman shot dead 80+ young men and women :(

Southern Belle
07-24-2011, 02:53 AM
It's CNN, what do you expect?

Godfather
07-24-2011, 03:04 AM
It's CNN, what do you expect?

Touche :lol: It's just pathetic.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Amy Winehouse's Final Days Spent In Drug-Induced Haze
By Radar Staff

http://i.imgur.com/yOVdY.jpg

Amy Winehouse's final 36 hours were spent in a binge-induced blur fueled by whiskey, and a lethal combination of ecstasy, ketamine, cocaine and heroin, according to reports from the English media.

A source told Britain's The People the late Rehab singer, who was found dead Saturday at 27, was seen buying the narcotics at a London bar Friday night.

"Amy seemed determined to have a big one," an insider told the tabloid. "She was out in Camden on Friday evening, but seemed determined to carry on the party back at her flat. None of us know who was with her into the early hours of Saturday. But getting out of it was clearly her main priority of the night."

Some friends of the late singer are speculating Winehouse might have intentionally overdosed, the Daily Mirror reported, after a quarrel with her boyfriend Reg Traviss, after he'd found out about recent conversations she’d had with her convicted ex-husband, Blake Fielder-Civil.

“Reg found out Amy and Blake had been chatting and got upset," a source told the Daily Mirror. "The pair had a fight and Reg walked out. She had been drinking more and more whiskey ... and then basically decided to play Russian roulette with her life.

“She was upstairs injecting heroin on a self-destruct mission," the source said. "The fear is she deliberately took more than usual because she was past the point of caring whether she lived or died.”

According to the source, Winehouse "was all too aware of the 27 Club" -- a collection of musicians such as Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain and Jim Morrison, whose premature deaths at the age of 27 added to their lore, helping turn them into pop culture icons.

"Amy never wanted to die in obscurity, to die having never made a record as good as Back To Black. It was almost as if she wanted to die young, to leave a legacy, and to be remembered for her music and her voice."

The Rehab singer was found dead at her London home by pal Tyler James Saturday afternoon at 27, marking the end of her long battle with drugs and alcohol. She'd entered rehabilitation facilities on multiple occasions to battle her demons, as recently as this past May.

Police Sunday tabbed her death "unexplained," adding that speculation about a drug overdose was "inappropriate."

Her autopsy is slated for Monday afternoon, authorities said.

AntZ
07-25-2011, 01:15 PM
Amy Winehouse's Final Days Spent In Drug-Induced Haze
By Radar Staff

http://i.imgur.com/yOVdY.jpg

A source told B

"Amy seemed determined to have a big one," an insider told the tabloid.

Some friends of the late singer are speculating Winehouse might have intentionally overdosed,

a source told the Daily Mirror.She was upstairs injecting heroin on a self-destruct mission," the source said. "The fear is she deliberately took more than usual because she was past the point of caring whether she lived or died.”

According to the source,

Like I said above, all these people with intimate knowledge! They all know what's going on, but no one bothered to call for help! If she was trying to hang herself or cut herself with a knife, would they have called for help then?

They are all a bunch of leaches and now their meal ticket is dead!

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2011, 01:18 PM
Like I said above, all these people with intimate knowledge! They all know what's going on, but no one bothered to call for help! If she was trying to hang herself or cut herself with a knife, would they have called for help then?

They are all a bunch of leaches and now their meal ticket is dead!

Couldn't agree more....I saw another story that said how "devastated" the family is now that she's dead.

Devastated? :-s

Maybe if they loved her so much, they should have intervened a long time ago. It's not like her drug use is a new thing she just got into.

Joebob034
07-25-2011, 04:58 PM
According to the source, Winehouse "was all too aware of the 27 Club" -- a collection of musicians such as Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain and Jim Morrison, whose premature deaths at the age of 27 added to their lore, helping turn them into pop culture icons.

You know I was gonna say, I wonder if she OD'd on purpose to be in the 27 Club.

Muddy
07-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Couldn't agree more....I saw another story that said how "devastated" the family is now that she's dead.

Devastated? :-s

Maybe if they loved her so much, they should have intervened a long time ago. It's not like her drug use is a new thing she just got into.

You cant blame anyone but her, interventions only work if you can get the affected to participate.

AntZ
07-26-2011, 03:55 PM
You cant blame anyone but her, interventions only work if you can get the affected to participate.

Absolutely!

But in every case of post rehab recovery, they always demand that the people around them support the person in recovery (including removing any and all addictive item and party lifestyle) or the person might reuse! That is why she backslid EVERY time she came out of rehab, her parasite friends kept the party going until she returned!

Muddy
07-26-2011, 03:57 PM
I agree with that..