PDA

View Full Version : Police: NSB man threatens to kill, eat ex-girlfriend and family after she breaks up with him

Teh One Who Knocks
02-10-2021, 12:51 PM
Patricio G. Balona - The Daytona Beach News-Journal

https://i.imgur.com/8GqL9n7.jpg

A New Smyrna Beach man dumped by his girlfriend while on vacation sent death threats, telling her he pictured her as a turkey on his plate and that he would dissect her children and eat their brains, police said.

The text messages struck fear in the victim, who reported that Joseph Costello was capable of carrying out his threats because he was mentally ill, his arrest report states.

Costello, 37, sent threatening text messages to the woman even as police were talking to her, the report states.

He was arrested Monday and charged with written threats to kill or do bodily injury and aggravated stalking. He was being held in the Volusia County Branch Jail on Tuesday without bail.

According to New Smyrna Beach police, Costello and the woman were on vacation out-of-state in January when they had a domestic violence incident and she decided to break up and fly home.

The victim was at the airport when the threats started coming via text messages, police said. Costello threatened to kill the woman, her parents and her children, the arrest report states.

In one of several text messages, referring to the woman’s son, Costello wrote: “I’ll dissect him. Limb from limb. And then I’ll eat him like your gumbo. Boil the brains and cook the stew,” according to New Smyrna Beach police investigators.

Costello told the victim he was drinking the cider he bought for her and “waiting to kill,” describing to the woman how he would kill her son by striking him in the jugular and stomp her daughter to death, police stated.

Even after the victim told him to stop contacting her, Costello continued, taking screen shots of the conversation and posting it on Instagram and tagging the victim, police said.

“And you, I envision you as the turkey on my plate,” police report Costello said in another text message to the victim.

FBD
02-10-2021, 03:33 PM
sick fuck