PDA

View Full Version : 46 pounds of marijuana seized by Ohio deputies during traffic stop

Teh One Who Knocks
03-02-2021, 12:12 PM
By Chris Anderson | 19 News

https://i.imgur.com/e9DTWUi.jpg

CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) - Deputies from an Ohio sheriff’s office confiscated 46 pounds of marijuana during a recent traffic stop.

According to the Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office, deputies stopped a truck for speeding on State Route 2 on Sunday morning.

Deputies met with the female driver and noticed the smell of marijuana coming from the vehicle.

The driver, who initially refused to get out of the vehicle, admitted to deputies that she had two THC vape pens, but a probable cause search was still performed, the sheriff’s office said.

During the search, deputies discovered two black trash bags in the bed of the truck, which contained individual plastic bags of marijuana estimated to value approximately $55,000.

The sheriff’s office said the female suspect was booked at the Ottawa County Detention Facility.

FBD
03-02-2021, 01:22 PM
still looking for that clip of linda carter in super troopers saying marijuana? why are we here again?

Teh One Who Knocks
03-02-2021, 01:24 PM
Pretty amazing that these people that are trafficking large amounts of drugs don't realize that they shouldn't break the traffic laws. :shakehead:

Pony
03-02-2021, 03:41 PM
SR2 in Ottawa county is right by the Lake Erie Islands where I work and live. Surprised it's the Sheriffs that made the bust and not State Highway patrol that's ALWAYS out there.

lost in melb.
03-03-2021, 12:01 AM
SR2 in Ottawa county is right by the Lake Erie Islands where I work and live. Surprised it's the Sheriffs that made the bust and not State Highway patrol that's ALWAYS out there.

Why the emphasis? Are they revenue raising?

Pony
03-03-2021, 01:54 PM
Why the emphasis? Are they revenue raising?

Pretty much. It's a relatively rural stretch of road, used by a lot of people traveling between Cleveland/Toledo,Ohio or Michigan and the Islands. They know they can make significant income policing it and most people will just mail in the fines instead of driving back out to fight the ticket in court.

lost in melb.
03-03-2021, 02:03 PM
Clever