PDA

View Full Version : Long Island Grave Digger Dies After Being Buried Alive in Cemetery Mishap

Teh One Who Knocks
03-03-2021, 02:43 PM
Hardboiled News

https://i.imgur.com/R7Ot1lj.jpg

MOUNT SINAI, New York — A cemetery worker was killed when a grave he was digging collapsed on him, burying him under several feet of dirt, police said.

Rodwin Allicock, 42, of Coroam, was working at the bottom of a 7-foot-deep grave at Washington Memorial Park in Mount Sinai, N.Y., when the walls collapsed, Suffolk County police said.

Allicock’s co-workers raced to dig him out but were unable to reach him in time and he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Officials from the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration are investigating.

deebakes
03-04-2021, 01:56 AM
:rip:

Godfather
03-04-2021, 03:04 AM
My brother works for a municipal grave yard. Good money, and he's got hilarious stories (oddly). But he says cave-ins are one of their biggest concerns and he makes his team take frequent training and drill around how they'd respond to different types of slides (I don't really know all the lingo), especially with his job site being in one of the wettest cities and on a slope.

Sometimes they'll just be walking or mowing and an old coffin will give way and someone or some piece of equipment will sink. Not super fun when it's just a visitor either :lol: