PDA

View Full Version : Fargo man told to take American flag down because it’s too noisy in the wind

Teh One Who Knocks
03-16-2021, 11:52 AM
https://i.imgur.com/g6fieCp.png

FARGO, N.D. (Valley News Live) -A rippling American flag is at the center of a controversy for a Fargo condo association.

Andrew Almer has flown his flag proudly from his balcony for the last two years.

“It’s a symbol of our nation. It should be flown whenever it can be,” he says. “I have a lot of friends and family that serve in the military.”

About two months ago, Almer says he started getting letters in the mail from the president of the Plum Tree Square condo association. He says he was told he needs to take his flag down because it’s too noisy in the wind.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” Almer says. “With everything that’s going on in the world these days and this is what you’re going to complain about?”

The Federal Freedom to Display the American Flag Act of 2005 says no homeowner association can restrict owners from displaying the American flag on their property.

“It’s not anything offensive,” Almer says. “It’s not rude, it’s not nasty, it’s the American flag.”

https://i.imgur.com/UqxmzZy.png

However, there are exceptions. Associations can restrict owners from flying the flag if it’s reasonable or in the best interest of the association.

Almer says the flag will fly, despite what he tells us could be a hefty penalty.

“It’s not coming down anytime soon,” he says. “It’s not making that much noise that it’s a liability to the association.”

We made multiple attempts to get in contact with the condo association president, but haven’t heard back.

PorkChopSandwiches
03-16-2021, 04:09 PM
:facepalm:

lost in melb.
03-17-2021, 02:15 AM
Well... It could be annoying

deebakes
03-17-2021, 02:18 AM
https://morningbrew-oslo.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/1574458333.gif

lost in melb.
03-17-2021, 02:32 AM
just saying 8-[

The Monk
03-17-2021, 06:57 AM
T don't see any problem with being patriotic but if he's going to have psychological problems removing it during high winds he really has problems. Life can go on... :shrug:

Hikari Kisugi
03-17-2021, 08:34 AM
Patriotic way to fly any flag is to raise it in the morning and lower it at sunset, shows you fully respect your flag.
It why I always hated the Norn iron cunts who 'fleg' everywhere and leave them up till they're torn to tatters, goes for both sides here.
Wanna flag, get a flagpole, and do it right. I think that shows true respect.

The Monk
03-18-2021, 02:26 AM
Patriotic way to fly any flag is to raise it in the morning and lower it at sunset, shows you fully respect your flag.
It why I always hated the Norn iron cunts who 'fleg' everywhere and leave them up till they're torn to tatters, goes for both sides here.
Wanna flag, get a flagpole, and do it right. I think that shows true respect.

Here, the flag can fly overnight but it must be lighted.

Hikari Kisugi
03-18-2021, 09:04 PM
Here, the flag can fly overnight but it must be lighted.

hmm which shows dedication, and again you made an effort for your flag, i'd allow that

Teh One Who Knocks
03-18-2021, 10:20 PM
Here, the flag can fly overnight but it must be lighted.It's the same way here.