PDA

View Full Version : Spider-Man's Rhys Ifans Arrested for Misdemeanor Battery at Comic-Con

Teh One Who Knocks
07-24-2011, 12:08 PM
Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/Guh5G.jpg

He plays a villain in The Amazing Spider-Man, and if his actions at Comic-Con are any indication, Rhys Ifans is a bit of a bad boy in real life, too.

The actor, who plays Dr. Curt Connors/The Lizard in the movie, shoved a female security guard prior to Friday night's panel in San Diego, Calif. Ifans, who turned 44 the same day, became irate when a member of his team was denied access to the hall because he lacked proper credentials.

According to The Wrap, Ifans -- who smelled of alcohol -- pushed the guard in order to pass through. He was allowed to participate in the panel with costars Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield, though he walked on stage late and said very little. The guard made a citizen's arrest once it was over. (A Sony spokesperson said that Ifans "deeply regrets the incident.")

"He was aggressive and belligerent," Lt. Andra Brown said. "He was berating everyone from the security staff to the United States of America."

"He was cited and released, which is a non-custodial misdemeanor arrest," Brown said. The San Diego City Attorney will now determine whether to pursue charges against Ifans. He could be required to pay a fine, or he could dispute the case before a judge.

"But, according to him, the U.S. sucks and he doesn't want to come back," Brown said of the actor, who once dated Sienna Miller.

deebakes
07-24-2011, 02:37 PM
:woot:

AntZ
07-24-2011, 02:59 PM
Bye bye asshole!

Don't let the door at the airport hit you in the ass on the way out!

Don't forget to make sure ALL your future projects get blocked from the U.S. so you don't have to get any of that sucky money!

Hugh_Janus
07-24-2011, 11:10 PM
Bye bye asshole!

Don't let the door at the airport hit you in the ass on the way out!

Don't forget to make sure ALL your future projects get blocked from the U.S. so you don't have to get any of that sucky money!

HAHA! You guys crack me up :lol:

someone says america sucks, american takes it personally

I once said that american chocolate sucks and some yank totally flipped out on me :lol:

Hugh_Janus
07-24-2011, 11:12 PM
reading that back, it looks like I'm aiming it at you, but I'm not :lol:

don't attack me!! :shock:

DemonGeminiX
07-24-2011, 11:44 PM
I once said that american chocolate sucks and some yank totally flipped out on me :lol:

I was given a German milk chocolate bar once in college by a German student studying at my school and it blew my mind how much better it was compared to what I could get here in the States.

DemonGeminiX
07-24-2011, 11:45 PM

Too late.

:overkill:

Hal-9000
07-25-2011, 01:42 AM
Dr. Curt Connors/The Lizard ????

:| ok admittedly I watched the early Spiderman cartoon (Canadian) from the early 70's.Crap graphics and all...and that 'bad guy' they list in the story above was one of the lamest ever.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2011, 01:44 AM
Granted I never read a lot of Spiderman comics, but I've never heard of the Lizard :wha:

DemonGeminiX
07-25-2011, 01:53 AM
The Lizard was one of the Sinister Six/Sinister Twelve. He went from being a brilliant scientist (missing his right arm) doing research into certain lizards' regenerative abilities to becoming the Lizard in a lab accident. He was in all three of Sam Raimi's films (he was the college professor Peter Parker studied under and he also was missing his right arm), and there were rumors that Sam Raimi was going to include his transformation in later movies if he continued the franchise. Raimi was a big Sinister Six fan and that's why he was arguing against putting Venom in the third film (the studio won out in that argument) and why he wanted to put the Vulture in the fourth film that was never made.

Hal-9000
07-25-2011, 02:03 AM
I didn't know the Dr had appeared in all 3 movies, thanks DGX.In the cartoon series, there were lizards and a fountain of youth and funky backgrounds :lol: Interesting story though...

I really thought the films lost their edge when multi-villains were introduced.I'm not saying that they should only have one villain per, maybe pick the teams more intelligently? Spidey 3 (to me)
was a hodge podge of set pieces thrown together on a thin storyline.Venom himself, would have been a much better story had they explored it more thoroughly IMO.

DemonGeminiX
07-25-2011, 02:12 AM
Raimi left open a ton of options with the way he set things up. You know that Bruce Campbell was in all three films, right? He played a different character in all three. There was a Spider-man villain, the Chameleon, who could imitate just about anybody. There were rumors that Campbell was actually going to reveal himself as "The Chameleon" later. That would've also opened up the possibility for Kraven the Hunter, another Spider-man villain, and The Chameleon's brother.

He could have, if he wanted to, let Eddie Brock, or at least part of the Venom symbiote, live in the third and bring Carnage in down the line.

Mary Jane left J. Jonah Jameson's astronaut son at the altar in the second film.... in the comics, Jameson's son becomes a villain.

There were others that slip my mind at this time, but Raimi left the door wide open to bring in new villains.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2011, 02:14 AM
And now instead we get yet another 're-imagining' of a film franchise :|

DemonGeminiX
07-25-2011, 02:17 AM
Yeah, I don't like it either. I think Raimi really owned the franchise and it was a monumental mistake to take it away from him.

Hal-9000
07-25-2011, 02:19 AM
Yeah they take 5 or 6 stabs at Batman and get it close to right at the end film.Can't scriptwriters come up with new ideas for films? Comic book characters are cool but I've yet to see one movie that made me go wow..
You'd think with CGI and the available tech they could be making AWESOME comic book hero movies right now..

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2011, 02:26 AM
Yeah, I don't like it either. I think Raimi really owned the franchise and it was a monumental mistake to take it away from him.

Hollywood (at least most of it) just really blows right now. You can count on one hand the number of great movies the major studios have put out recently. All they seem to be doing now is remaking films which is just stupid. Look at some of the celeb galleries I've posted from Comic-Con this year and the arctors are there to promote remakes of past films. I mean do they really need to remake Total Recall ffs?

All that money Hollywood generates and nobody can come up with a new idea? :|

Yeah they take 5 or 6 stabs at Batman and get it close to right at the end film.Can't scriptwriters come up with new ideas for films? Comic book characters are cool but I've yet to see one movie that made me go wow..
You'd think with CGI and the available tech they could be making AWESOME comic book hero movies right now..

Like I said above, Hollywood just sucks right now

Joebob034
07-25-2011, 05:01 PM

:beatdown: