PDA

View Full Version : Man used scissors, glue stick to alter lottery tickets into winners, police say

Teh One Who Knocks
04-07-2021, 11:47 AM
RENATTA SIGNORINI - Trib Live

https://i.imgur.com/eUEnI8hl.jpg

A man was jailed Tuesday because state police say he used scissors and a glue stick to alter lottery tickets into winners and cash them in at a Hempfield convenience store, according to court papers.

Craig Marshall Stout, 45, who has addresses in Mt. Pleasant Borough and Jeannette, is charged with forgery, receiving stolen property, theft and possession of an instrument of crime.

Troopers were called to the 7-Eleven store on Fosterville Road about 12:05 a.m. Tuesday for a reported theft attempt. Police said a man sitting outside on a motorcycle, identified as Stout, tried to pass a counterfeit lottery ticket that appeared to be a $500 winner, according to court papers.

Store employees told police Stout had gotten away with $1,290 in the scam through three fake tickets brought into the store Friday and Sunday. Troopers were provided with security camera footage of the exchanges.

Police seized from Stout a pair of scissors, a glue stick and another lottery ticket that hadn’t been altered, according to court papers. Stout told investigators he was out of work and needed cash. The money had all been spent, police said.

Stout was being held at the Westmoreland County Prison on $25,000 bail. He did not have an attorney listed in online court records. A preliminary hearing is set for April 16.

He was sentenced in county court in July to one year on probation and had his driver’s license suspended for six months on charges of accidents involving damage to a vehicle or property and driving without a license in a 2019 case, according to online court records. A preliminary hearing is set for next month on charges, including false identification to law enforcement and driving without a license, filed in February by state police.

FBD
04-07-2021, 11:51 AM
he already got away with it a couple times :lol: bro, you might as well be passin counterfeit 20s

PorkChopSandwiches
04-07-2021, 03:16 PM
WTF out here they all have a barcode that you have to scan, how is this even possible

Teh One Who Knocks
04-07-2021, 03:22 PM
WTF out here they all have a barcode that you have to scan, how is this even possible

I don't know how it worked either, it's the same way in Colorado. When you cash in tickets, the clerk doesn't even look at them, he just scans the barcode.

deebakes
04-07-2021, 03:51 PM
same

Godfather
04-08-2021, 01:45 AM
same

Ya same here, you don't even have to actually scratch the scratch-off tickets if you're a real sicko, just scratch off the barcode and scan :lol:

perrhaps
04-08-2021, 09:30 AM
Same here in PA (where this happened). Must have some real morons working the store.

PorkChopSandwiches
04-08-2021, 03:37 PM
Ya same here, you don't even have to actually scratch the scratch-off tickets if you're a real sicko, just scratch off the barcode and scan :lol:

Hahahahah, that what I do. It drives my buddy crazy. I'm like I dont give a fuck about the game, Im just gambling

Teh One Who Knocks
04-08-2021, 03:41 PM
The only thing you need to do in Colorado with scratchers is, if it's a winner, there's a 3 digit code on the front you need to scratch off so the clerk can enter it when the machine lets him know the ticket is a winner.