PDA

View Full Version : Woman fuming at 'disrespectful' nickname on bar receipt after drinking alone

Teh One Who Knocks
04-20-2021, 04:30 PM
By Samantha Bartlett, Senior Lifestyle & Travel Reporter - The Daily Star

https://i.imgur.com/xwia5WU.jpg

A woman was left stunned by the 'disrespectful' description a bar tender wrote about her on her drinks receipt.

The lady, from the US, was clearly out and about to relax and decided to treat herself to some margaritas.

However, her nice night in Washington, DC, out appeared to be soured a little when she saw the receipt for her drinks.

The bill showed that she had four different drinks over the course of the night - with the total coming to $64 (£46).

This had been given to her by her server, named Shaun.

But she was annoyed when she saw the way he had described her on the receipt - branding her the "girl by herself".

The lady took to Twitter to share a photo of the receipt, telling her 1,727 followers: "This description is so disrespectful."

However, the tweet quickly went viral - racking up more than 42,000 retweets and 609,000 likes.

Many sympathised with her, as one wrote: "Like why u pointing it out?? Like embarrassing you for what?"

As another added: "I am that person, too! Much love to my fellow solo travellers (I think there is a positive correlation between codependency and degree of puzzlement over independent social activity... read: it’s them."

While a third chimed in: "Gotta change your handle now to 'girl by herself'."

Some said they even had worse examples of being described on a receipt, as one guy said he was called 'Lil ugly dude', as another was branded 'Raspy voice guy'.

Despite support by many, others didn't see the problem with Shaun's description.

One asked: "Why disrespectful? Seems a simple way to help the waiters identify guests they are serving. How else would you like them to describe you - colour of hair, clothes.

"Only in the US do you get so hung up on all this. We've got bigger issues to be thinking about than this petty one."

While another added: "Really???? If you are without company, you are just that. And if you are dressed in a red dress, you are dressed in that colour.... How else would you rather be described?"

The post comes after two fellow customers were outraged back in April after being branded 'two very annoying Asians' on their restaurant receipt.

The restaurant faced backlash after the receipt was shared on Snapchat at the time.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-20-2021, 04:31 PM
Just goes to prove my point that some people just spend their day(s) going out of their way to look for things to be offended about.

PorkChopSandwiches
04-20-2021, 05:09 PM
so disrespectful

DemonGeminiX
04-20-2021, 09:33 PM
My barfly days are long behind me, but since when do margaritas costs $10? And what kind of drink costs $16 and $28?

lost in melb.
04-21-2021, 01:53 AM
Many levels of weirdness here

The Monk
04-21-2021, 02:46 AM
Just goes to prove my point that some people just spend their day(s) going out of their way to look for things to be offended about.

It's what motivates them.... :shrug:

Goofy
04-21-2021, 09:02 AM
:yawn:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-21-2021, 10:15 AM
My barfly days are long behind me, but since when do margaritas costs $10? And what kind of drink costs $16 and $28?

It says she's in DC, and from what I understand, if you go to the "hip and trendy" places, it's VERY expensive, just like any big metro area if you hit those kinds of bars and clubs.

FBD
04-21-2021, 11:15 AM
At Puerto Vallarta, the king cadillac margaritas as like 25 bucks, but you're getting like a 24 oz margarita (and I have no idea how much tq is in there, I dont drink that shit...but there's a good bit of it, its how I drove my buddy's BMW once :lol:)

PorkChopSandwiches
04-21-2021, 03:24 PM

We sell a $10 pint :lol:

We kinda priced it as a joke to encourage people to by the to go option that we had bottled instead. What we found is it sells just fine at $10 :lol:

FBD
04-21-2021, 03:46 PM
:lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
04-21-2021, 04:40 PM
:dance:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-21-2021, 05:11 PM
The type of people that drink at Porky's bar:

https://i.imgur.com/kaI48gi.png

FBD
04-21-2021, 05:30 PM
do they drink the beer with their masks on and let it filter the beer :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
04-21-2021, 06:16 PM
The type of people that drink at Porky's bar:

https://i.imgur.com/kaI48gi.png

We dont get a lot of beer snobs, we aren't all trendy and cool like that. But, the one most of our beers are $5-7. This one though was a strong ale and it took so much grain to get the ABV to 10.2% that we ended up only getting 5 kegs out of it instead of the normal 6. So one less keg and the high ABV its justifiable :lol:

deebakes
04-23-2021, 04:21 AM
i thought this was a babylon bee article

FBD
04-23-2021, 10:29 AM
i thought this was a babylon bee article

https://i.imgur.com/gLNZYDm.jpeg

Godfather
04-24-2021, 07:23 AM
We dont get a lot of beer snobs, we aren't all trendy and cool like that. But, the one most of our beers are $5-7. This one though was a strong ale and it took so much grain to get the ABV to 10.2% that we ended up only getting 5 kegs out of it instead of the normal 6. So one less keg and the high ABV its justifiable :lol:

There's a new brewery that opened up here (in a really bad part of town) that's selling 4-packs of tallboys for between $15-19 (Canadian mind you) :lol: And I see people drinking their stuff everywhere I go, not just beer snobs, seems like a lot of people are willing to pay for premium beer eh.

Hikari Kisugi
04-24-2021, 09:43 AM

I was wondering the same, holy fuck that is expensive alcohol!

RBP
04-24-2021, 03:44 PM
If she comes back, please put "uptight bitch" on her receipt.

deebakes
04-25-2021, 02:40 AM
There's a new brewery that opened up here (in a really bad part of town) that's selling 4-packs of tallboys for between $15-19 (Canadian mind you) :lol: And I see people drinking their stuff everywhere I go, not just beer snobs, seems like a lot of people are willing to pay for premium beer eh.

i'm routinely paying about that as an uptight beer snob :lol:

but generally the stouts and porters i am getting put you on your ass at that price :tup:

The Monk
04-25-2021, 09:04 AM
We sell a $10 pint :lol:

We kinda priced it as a joke to encourage people to by the to go option that we had bottled instead. What we found is it sells just fine at $10 :lol:

Good price $10 :thumbsup:

Here we can pay $15 - $16 / pint - far too much tax on alcohol - it's enough to drive you to drink! :lol:

The Monk
04-25-2021, 09:05 AM

I suppose I fit into the category of beer snob. I much prefer the craft beers over the run of the mill standard brewery products available here.

deebakes
04-25-2021, 07:31 PM
:agreed:

i usually only have one or two, i don't drink just to drink anymore :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-25-2021, 09:33 PM

but generally the stouts and porters i am getting put you on your ass at that price :tup:
I suppose I fit into the category of beer snob. I much prefer the craft beers over the run of the mill standard brewery products available here.
:agreed:

i usually only have one or two, i don't drink just to drink anymore :lol:https://i.imgur.com/sN1BwDKh.jpg

deebakes
04-26-2021, 03:32 AM
:lol:

lost in melb.
04-26-2021, 04:12 AM
Ill drink whatever's on special. It's all piss

Godfather
04-26-2021, 06:21 AM

Ya I'm in a similar boat, I'll pay whatever for a good pint especially if I'm just having one with a good meal and want it to be something tasty. At the same time I have Miller in my fridge in case there's a chance to load up a backpack or golf bag and go drink beers with the guys :lol: The cheap stuff always has a place in my fridge.