PDA

View Full Version : Ohio police officer fatally shoots teenage girl who appears to hold a knife during fight, video shows

Teh One Who Knocks
04-21-2021, 10:26 AM
By Paul Best, David Aaro | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/sEv7Fsx.png

An Ohio police officer shot and killed a teenage girl Tuesday as she attacked two other people with what appeared to be a knife in east Columbus, body camera footage released just hours after the fatal shooting shows.

Police were called to the scene around 4:30 p.m. on a report of someone attempting to stab others at a home.

As soon as police pulled up, a young female can be seen tackling another female to the ground with what appeared to be a knife in her hand. The girl can then be seen charging at another nearby female while raising the apparent knife in the air, at which point the officer fired multiple shots, fatally wounding the attacker.

"She came at them with a knife," the officer can be heard saying as other officers tended to the girl on the ground.

The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation is now investigating the incident, but Columbus Police Department interim chief Michael Woods said during a press conference late Tuesday that his department wanted to release the bodycam footage as soon as possible for transparency.

"We took some unprecedented steps tonight," Woods said. "We've never been able to release video this fast, but we thought it was important to share with the community, to be transparent about this incident, to let them have some answers that we can provide tonight."

He added that investigators will look into whether the fatal shooting complies with state law that says, "deadly force can be used to protect yourself or the protection of a third person."

Columbus Mayor Andrew Ginther said that the whole situation is a tragedy.

"It’s a tragic day in the city of Columbus. It's a horrible, heartbreaking situation," Ginther said Tuesday night. "The city of Columbus lost a 15-year-old girl today. We know based on this footage, the officer took action to protect another young girl in our community. But a family is grieving tonight. And this young 15-year-old girl will never be coming home."

It's unclear if anyone else was injured during the attack. The officer involved in the fatal shooting has been taken off the streets amid the investigation, authorities said. Their name was not immediately released.

Ned Pettus Jr., the public safety director for the city of Columbus, said that even though the family and city deserve answers, "fast, quick answers cannot come at the cost of accurate answers."

WARNING: THIS VIDEO CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE
Police have not identified the girl who was shot, but her family identified her to FOX 28 as 15-year-old Ma’Khia Bryant.

According to Franklin County Children Services, Bryant was a foster child under their care.
Hazel Bryant, who identified herself as the victim's aunt, said that her teenage niece picked up a knife to defend herself during a fight with other people in the neighborhood.

"Police rolled up, shot my niece four times," Bryant told 10TV's Lacey Crisp earlier in the day.

Videos posted by local news reporters and bystanders showed a chaotic scene after the shooting, which occurred just before a verdict was announced in the shooting death of George Floyd, for which former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin was found guilty of murder.

https://i.imgur.com/vq3Wtoh.png

Protesters gathered near the location of the shooting and at the Columbus Police headquarters Tuesday night. Many were seen pushing past police barriers outside the headquarters around the same time bodycam footage was being shown inside.

Chants of "Black women matter," "Black girls matter," and "Say her name!" rang out from the crowd.
Ginther urged residents to be peaceful.

"I ask for everyone to pray for peace," Ginther said. "Tonight we pray for this family, we pray for our city, and we pray for our neighbors throughout this community."

This is not the only recent officer-involved shooting in Columbus. Another Columbus police officer is currently facing a murder charge for a fatal shooting. Officer Adam Coy shot Andre Hill on Dec. 22 as Hill was emerging from a garage holding up a cell phone, officials previously said.

FBD
04-21-2021, 11:18 AM
so now all of a sudden its ok to release the names of minor......ah, "victims"...? fuck off with this shit, you chimp out at the police and you deserve everything that comes your way.

lost in melb.
04-21-2021, 11:22 AM
Hazel Bryant, who identified herself as the victim's aunt, said that her teenage niece picked up a knife to defend herself during a fight with other people in the neighborhood.

"Police rolled up, shot my niece four times," Bryant told 10TV's Lacey Crisp earlier in the day.

Anyone seen the video? What a lying piece of shit.

lost in melb.
04-21-2021, 11:27 AM
footage here:

https://youtu.be/Fpnibt9RQ2U

FBD
04-21-2021, 01:23 PM
https://i.imgur.com/YY2RVu4.jpg

not enough? here, have the slow mo for dessert, showing the other girl try to stop the dead one from chimping out. but she had to go full chimpout anyway and get plugged.

https://twitter.com/zerosum24/status/1384778730548105218

FBD
04-21-2021, 05:48 PM
https://i.imgur.com/0yGqMxQ.png

she was in FOSTER CARE you dumb cunt! you werent even taking care of her!!! she dies at 5:30 and by 11pm, motherfuckers have a donation site set up!

FBD
04-21-2021, 06:43 PM
of course, the last time this same thing happened, nobody had a problem with the police dropping the kid

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/education/2018/12/13/logan-clark-wcsd-student-shot-brandishing-knives-school/2229036002/

FBD
04-21-2021, 07:59 PM
I hope somebody smashes lebron james' kneecaps in with a metal pipe

https://i.imgur.com/L7fPG7j.png

Teh One Who Knocks
04-22-2021, 10:52 AM
By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/FamL1Uxh.jpg

Los Angeles Lakers superstar LeBron James is facing intense backlash over a now-deleted tweet targeting a Columbus police officer involved in the shooting of 16-year-old Ma'Khia Bryant.

Bodycam footage released late Tuesday showed Bryant being shot as she was attacking another Black teen with a knife.

However, like many other public figures, James suggested that the Columbus shooting was unjustified coming on the heels of the conviction of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin on murder and manslaughter charges in the death of George Floyd.

"YOU’RE NEXT #ACCOUNTABILITY," the NBA icon wrote with an hourglass emoji over an image of one of the officers at the scene of Bryant's shooting.

https://i.imgur.com/ZLC1z9Ol.jpg

James was accused by critics of leveraging his massive Twitter following to target the officer.

"Lebron James is inciting violence against an Ohio police officer. This is disgraceful and dangerous. Is the NBA okay with this? Is Twitter?" Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark. asked.

"On behalf of pro athletes, current and former, I apologize for how #LeBronJames just showed his inner Maxine Waters and made a very real, ongoing threat to the life of the officer who quickly acted to prevent a knife attack from becoming worse. Many of us appreciate what LEOs do!" former Major League Baseball player Lenny Dykstra wrote.

"LeBron James doxes [sic] police officer who saved a teenage girl from being stabbed to death, demands officer be held accountable, sets new record for athlete stupidity," OutKick founder Clay Travis tweeted.

"Reported threatening violence," journalist Emily Miller wrote, flagging the tweet to Twitter.

"That cop did nothing wrong by any reasonable standard, and now someone with 50 million followers is encouraging attacks against him," conservative writer A.G. Hamilton said. "That’s on top [of] countless news organizations lying about his actions. Decent people need to speak out. Real people will get hurt by this stuff."
James returned to Twitter to explain the "ANGER" he felt when sending that tweet.

"ANGER does any of us any good and that includes myself!" James tweeted. "Gathering all the facts and educating does though! My anger still is here for what happened that lil girl. My sympathy for her family and may justice prevail!"

He added, "I’m so damn tired of seeing Black people killed by police. I took the tweet down because its being used to create more hate -This isn’t about one officer. it’s about the entire system and they always use our words to create more racism. I am so desperate for more ACCOUNTABILITY."
James is one of several public figures and media outlets who have downplayed the fact that Bryant was attacking someone when she was shot.

Former Obama aide Valerie Jarrett claimed the police officer had shot Bryant "in order to break up a knife fight."

Other tweets, including missives from The New York Times and The Washington Post, completely omitted any reference to the knife Bryant was holding at the time of the shooting.

DemonGeminiX
04-22-2021, 10:56 AM
Lebron can go suck a cock.

FBD
04-22-2021, 11:04 AM
>hearing that a cop shot a black girl
>get into twitter rage and try to scapegoat the cop publicly
>see the actual footage
>see that she was trying to stab some other girl right infront of a cop
>realize i am being a biased bitchy cunt
>Try to make excuses
>"i deleted the post because it would cause more hate"
>suck my nba managers dick
https://i.imgur.com/Khcv523.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
04-22-2021, 12:29 PM
JORDAN LANCASTER, REPORTER - The Daily Caller

https://i.imgur.com/1rALfFql.jpg

CNN hosts Don Lemon and Chris Cuomo defended the officer who fatally shot Ma’Khia Bryant, saying that he had a duty to protect the life of the girl she was attempting to stab.

Lemon began the exchange by describing the shooting, which took place Tuesday afternoon in Columbus Ohio, as “really, really tough.” Cuomo said that he and Lemon heard about the shooting while they were covering the verdict in the trial of Derek Chauvin, who was convicted of second-degree murder, third-degree murder, and second-degree manslaughter for the death of George Floyd.

The pair was skeptical of early reports that “didn’t seem right” and wanted to see more of what actually happened, Cuomo added.

“There’s a lot of anguish, people are very emotional right now but we’ve got to be fair about what happens when police arrive at scenes,” Lemon said. “It is tragic that it’s a 16-year-old girl.”

“Just as it is tragic that it’s a 13-year-old in Chicago,” he continued, referring to 13-year-old Adam Toledo who was shot by police in Chicago. “When police are chasing people, they don’t know how old they are … when they roll up on the scene, they see people tussling around. Someone has a knife. And their job is to protect and serve. Every life on that scene.”

“And if they see someone who is in the process of taking a life, what is that decision, what decision do they have to make? Tasers don’t work the way guns work.”

Cuomo agreed that tasers don’t work the way guns work, especially at the distance that the officer was standing away from Bryant and with just a split-second to make a decision. Lemon made the point that tasers don’t always connect with the target they are trying to hit.

“But I see it, if the woman in the pink was my sister, niece, wife, whatever, you have to make a decision,” Lemon said. “Is one life on that scene more valuable than another. And if someone is trying to take a life on that scene, do you protect the life of the person trying to take the life, or do you protect the life of the person whose life is in imminent danger at that point.”

Lemon added that the woman whom Bryant was charging with a knife was in imminent danger and that a stabbing can be more lethal than a gunshot.

“Sometimes I don’t feel for certain parties as much as others,” Cuomo said. “But I feel for that officer, you can hear it in his voice … this is something that he’s going to have to live with also.”

Cuomo said that this shooting was unlike George Floyd’s death, which “the whole country knew” was wrong. He said that an older woman of color told him that Ma’Khia Bryant’s family member, who was seen on the body camera footage running out of the house and kicking a woman whom Bryant pushed onto the sidewalk, should have intervened and stopped the situation.

“And, you know, I do see that perspective as well,” Cuomo continued. “The guy comes running out of the house, tries to kick one person in the head, he’s an active part of the fight. You know, the adults have to be adults, too.”

The two CNN hosts said that the police officer who shot Bryant “has a duty” to protect the life of the girl that the teenager was charging with a knife.

“I’m saying if you want to have this contextual conversation that people seem to want to have about what else we can do, people fight with knives all the time, do we really need cops? The answer is no, learn how to control your kids, you know don’t be so violent, you won’t need cops,” Cuomo added. “But that’s not our reality.”

FBD
04-22-2021, 12:38 PM
jfc they just have to get everything backwards, on purpose.

cops have no duty to protect any individual, the courts have reaffirmed this enough times. a cop may decide to stop a crime in progress, as we saw here with the 15 year old chimpout, but people should not be u8nder any delusions that cops are necessarily there to protect you against something. duty #1 is preserving law and order. (not necessarily my opinion, I'm just telling it like it is, as usual)

FBD
04-22-2021, 01:55 PM
:facepalm:

https://i.imgur.com/UozOi8P.jpg

PorkChopSandwiches
04-22-2021, 03:32 PM
Idiots, also FUCK YOU lEbrOn

Teh One Who Knocks
04-22-2021, 03:35 PM
:facepalm:

https://i.imgur.com/UozOi8P.jpg

I'd give these morons 100 chances to try and SHOOT THE FUCKING KNIFE OUT OF HER HAND with no pressure at all and I bet they would fail at it every time. Now, add the rush of the adrenaline plus the pressure of knowing that if you hesitate and miss, the other girl might very likely be killed from multiple stab wounds. These fucking morons have seen too many movies FFS.

PorkChopSandwiches
04-22-2021, 03:37 PM
I'd give these morons 100 chances to try and SHOOT THE FUCKING KNIFE OUT OF HER HAND with no pressure at all and I bet they would fail at it every time. Now, add the rush of the adrenaline plus the pressure of knowing that if you hesitate and miss, the other girl might very likely be killed from multiple stab wounds. These fucking morons have seen too many movies FFS.

Also with all those missed hand shots, dont shoot the victim

FBD
04-22-2021, 04:16 PM

I'd bet a g note that with everything completely stationary, they could go 3 mags without hitting the knife or the pumpkin head (emptying the first one before they realize what aiming actually is)

FBD
04-22-2021, 04:53 PM
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/nbc-deceptively-edits-911-call-video-fatal-police-shooting-involving-knife-wielding-teen

NBC Deceptively Edits 911 Call & Video From Fatal Police Shooting Involving Knife-Wielding Teen Girl

Teh One Who Knocks
04-23-2021, 11:37 AM
By Ian Haworth - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/2TnHW43l.jpg

The response by many to Ma’Khai Bryant’s death earlier this week was one of condemnation. Despite Bryant appearing to be moments away from stabbing another black teenage girl, a police officer’s decision to shoot Bryant to prevent such a crime has been decried as another example of racist and systemic police brutality.

The most bizarre examples of this viewpoint involved the notion that “knife fights” are normal elements of a functioning and civilized society, and are far from deadly.

After news broke of Bryant’s death, former Obama advisor Valerie Jarrett tweeted, “A Black teenage girl named Ma’Khia Bryant was killed because a police officer immediately decided to shoot her multiple times in order to break up a knife fight. Demand accountability.”

“Fight for justice,” she added.
“Comedian” Kathy Griffin implied that knife fights are regular occurrences in neighborhoods.

“WARNING. How in the hell does this police officer think it’s a good idea to fire shots blindly into a group of teenagers having a fight. Yes one of them has a knife. Oh, that never happened in your school or neighborhood? She didn’t deserve to die. 16 years old,” she tweeted.
Activist and filmmaker Bree Newsome tweeted, “Teenagers have been having fights including fights involving knives for eons. We do not need police to address these situations by showing up to the scene & using a weapon against one of the teenagers. Y’all need help. I mean that sincerely.”
As Hank Berrien for The Daily Wire pointed out, however, the obvious human impact of such knife “fights” discussed so casually by these frankly unhinged activists was made all too clear, just 100 miles away in Winton Hills, Ohio one day prior.

“The day before, just 100 miles away, in Winton Hills, Ohio, a 13-year-old girl was stabbed in the neck by another 13-year-old girl and died that night in her father’s arms. No police were there to prevent the violent incident and save the victim’s life,” The Daily Wire reported.

“13-year-old Nyaira Givens died at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital after she was stabbed during a fight near her family’s home. Both girls attended Aiken High School, where they were in seventh grade,” the report added.

Givens’ father, Maurice Jackson, provided a heartbreaking account of her final moments.

“I held her. I watched her as she died. I watched her, you know. All I could do was just hold her, hold her. I tried. I tried to stop the bleeding,” he said.

“Just tried my best to protect her and be the father I could be, you know?” Jackson added. “I guess I didn’t pay attention to all the other stuff that was going on around her.”

“She was a great daughter. A great friend. All of the above. Until the end,” Jackson said.

The brutal fact is that police officers often stand as the last remaining line between civilization and chaos, and their presence or lack thereof is a matter of life and death for victims like Givens.

Griffin tweeted that Ma’Khia Bryant “didn’t deserve to die” as she attempted to stab another young girl.

Neither did Nyaira Givens, a 13-year-old child who was killed because no police officer was there to “break up a knife fight.”

FBD
04-23-2021, 11:43 AM
Completely absent from all these reports is the young chimpout-ee screaming I'm gonna stab the fuck out of you bitch

lost in melb.
04-24-2021, 02:11 AM
Pot stirring daily wire. None of these commentators are important. Don't completely disagree though. Police turning up to teens having knife fights getting out the guns and shooting isn't really ideal.

However, if the police are there they have to respond as they are trained. End.

RBP
04-24-2021, 03:54 PM
Pot stirring daily wire. None of these commentators are important. Don't completely disagree though. Police turning up to teens having knife fights getting out the guns and shooting isn't really ideal.

However, if the police are there they have to respond as they are trained. End.

And they are trained to shoot center mass. End.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-24-2021, 04:24 PM
And they are trained to shoot center mass. End.What?? They can't shoot the weapon out of their hands Western movie style??? :shock: