PDA

View Full Version : Cop throws punch in dispute over which baseball game to watch

Teh One Who Knocks
07-24-2011, 02:23 PM
Patrol officer Kevin Carlile accused of punching man in dispute over TV
By John Aguilar - Boulder Daily Camera Staff Writer

A Denver officer is facing criminal charges after police say he and a friend punched two men in the face at the Colorado National Golf Club in Erie following a dispute over which baseball game to watch on TV.

Kevin Carlile, a five-year veteran of the Denver Police Department, has been taken off patrol duty and put on "non-line" assignment pending the outcome of an investigation into the late June incident, Denver police spokesman Sonny Jackson said Thursday.

Carlile, a 37-year-old Broomfield resident who was assigned to the patrol division in Denver, and Christopher Douglas, a 39-year-old resident of Thornton, were issued summonses on suspicion of misdemeanor charges of assault and disorderly conduct.

They are scheduled to appear in Erie Municipal Court on Sept. 12.

Erie police Lt. Lee Mathis said officers from his department were called to the golf course clubhouse around 9:30 p.m. June 28 on reports of a fight in progress.

According to witnesses, Mathis said, Carlile and Douglas were watching the Rockies game in the clubhouse bar when two other men picked up the remote and changed the channel to the final College World Series Championship game between the South Carolina Gamecocks and the Florida Gators.

Mathis said words were exchanged about the channel switch and eventually escalated to a physical confrontation, with Carlile and Douglas each punching a man in the face and causing minor injuries.

Neither man went to the hospital, he said.

Carlile and Douglas were stopped by Erie police in the clubhouse parking lot and issued summonses.

Mathis said all four men were drinking.

Asked why Carlile and Douglas weren't arrested, Mathis said the injuries to the alleged victims only constituted a misdemeanor offense.

"If it's a misdemeanor, we'll often just issue a summons," he said. "(Carlile's) profession did not factor into the investigation of this."

The alleged assault in Erie brings more unwanted publicity to the Denver Police Department.

Nine officers have been fired from the force since March, the most recent on July 6 when an officer was terminated after he used unauthorized military ammunition in a confrontation that left an innocent bystander wounded.

In March, two Denver police officers were fired in connection with a 2009 beating of a 23-year-old man in Lower Downtown.

Loser
07-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Patrol officer Kevin Carlile accused of punching man in dispute over TV
By John Aguilar - Boulder Daily Camera Staff Writer

A Denver officer is facing criminal charges after police say he and a friend punched two men in the face at the Colorado National Golf Club in Erie following a dispute over which baseball game to watch on TV.

Kevin Carlile, a five-year veteran of the Denver Police Department, has been taken off patrol duty and put on "non-line" assignment pending the outcome of an investigation into the late June incident, Denver police spokesman Sonny Jackson said Thursday.

I would of never guessed :roll:

deebakes
07-24-2011, 03:01 PM
good luck lance :tup:

Loser
07-24-2011, 03:08 PM
It's not just denver, it's all over, and it seems to only be newer cops with less then 5-6 years.

You think this is bad? Try informing a cop that your LEGALLY carrying a concealed firearm.

Last time I did, I was threatened to be tazered, cuffed, arrested, and ultimately let go by his C.O, who apologized about a dozen times.

AntZ
07-24-2011, 03:23 PM
It's not just denver, it's all over, and it seems to only be newer cops with less then 5-6 years.

You think this is bad? Try informing a cop that your LEGALLY carrying a concealed firearm.

Last time I did, I was threatened to be tazered, cuffed, arrested, and ultimately let go by his C.O, who apologized about a dozen times.

It's what I was talking about in the other thread! And here the psych tests and background checks are, in theory, meant to weed this out. It seems to me that they are now finding the biggest assholes in society to become cops!

Pony
07-24-2011, 03:30 PM

We just had an incident a little south of me where the guy tried to tell the officer and was told to be quiet, when the officer finally discovered he was carrying he told him he should kill him just for not informing him.

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kassP7zI0qc

AntZ
07-24-2011, 03:52 PM
If there was ever a candidate for the "Rubber Gun Squad", it's this shit head. Damn, what an arrogant ignorant ass!

Shady
07-24-2011, 05:53 PM
It's what I was talking about in the other thread! And here the psych tests and background checks are, in theory, meant to weed this out. It seems to me that they are now finding the biggest assholes in society to become cops!

I know four people that have become police in some shape or form. One is a state trooper, he is cool and calm under pressure and he fits it well. One is a federal officer that really does nothing and is good at it. Another is military police and because he is like a brother to me I can say that he may mess with people just to fuck with them, depending on the offense. The fourth went to school for criminal justice but has yet to get a job in his field. He has a bit of an anger problem.

I'm sure not being an asshole to citizens just comes with experience.