PDA

View Full Version : Applebee's or Chili's?

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2021, 11:26 AM
https://i.imgur.com/yI8yYEyh.jpg

VS

https://i.imgur.com/evM8iDEh.png

If you had to choose between one of the two as a place to eat, where you goin'?

FBD
04-29-2021, 11:53 AM
I only went to applebee's once, so long ago I dont remember. Havent been to chili's in probably 15 years. Too mediocre to bother with, if I'm going out to eat I'm getting something decent. I really cant even choose its been so long, I dont remember what they even have besides run of the mill shit, I might as well flip a coin :lol:

DemonGeminiX
04-29-2021, 12:26 PM
I used to like Applebees back in the 90s. I always got the Chicken Alfredo. Then I heard a server pissed on a customer's food at the location I used to frequent, and haven't been since. It closed down a while back. There's just some things a restaurant can't come back from. I think I may have been to a Chili's once. If I had to choose, I'd probably give Chilis a second chance as I haven't been there in a long time and can't even remember the experience.

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2021, 02:40 PM
I picked these two restaurants because they are pretty much identical with the types of foods and drinks they have and they are also fairly ubiquitous in most places. For what they do offer, I prefer the food at Chili's I think, but just slightly. The only problem is, all the Chili's that are closest to me that we have been to are all filthy inside. I'm guessing they are all owned by the same franchisee and that they just don't seem to care. On top of that, the customer service is always lacking when it comes to the staff.

So for those reasons, at least here, I would choose Applebee's over Chili's. Plus, back in my drinking days, the bar at the Applebee's had KILLER happy hour specials and we used to get pretty fucked up there for cheap. :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
04-29-2021, 02:46 PM
I dislike them both, when someone says that's where they are going, I just dont go :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2021, 02:59 PM
I dislike them both, when someone says that's where they are going, I just dont go :lol:

Even if someone else was paying for your beers? :-s

PorkChopSandwiches
04-29-2021, 03:11 PM
I have been to both, I just dislike them both the same. With all the options around me, I'm never picking either of them.
But, you are right about the happy hour

Pony
04-29-2021, 09:28 PM
I'm typically just going for a burger and fries, I think it's probably a wash between them. Been to Chilis with dad a couple times recently and he used to order out from Applebees pretty frequently.
My Mom with dementia would devour their ribs, bout the only way we could get more than a few small bites of food in her.

DemonGeminiX
04-30-2021, 12:31 AM
I picked these two restaurants because they are pretty much identical with the types of foods and drinks they have and they are also fairly ubiquitous in most places. For what they do offer, I prefer the food at Chili's I think, but just slightly. The only problem is, all the Chili's that are closest to me that we have been to are all filthy inside. I'm guessing they are all owned by the same franchisee and that they just don't seem to care. On top of that, the customer service is always lacking when it comes to the staff.

So for those reasons, at least here, I would choose Applebee's over Chili's. Plus, back in my drinking days, the bar at the Applebee's had KILLER happy hour specials and we used to get pretty fucked up there for cheap. :lol:

:-s

So you're not actually going to eat at either of these places?

Teh One Who Knocks
05-01-2021, 06:40 PM
No, does it matter? :-s Would someone's preference change based on whether I was going to one of them? :-k

Pony
05-01-2021, 08:00 PM
No, does it matter? :-s Would someone's preference change based on whether I was going to one of them? :-k

PICK ONE!

Teh One Who Knocks
05-01-2021, 08:51 PM
PICK ONE!

:-s

:muddy:

DemonGeminiX
05-01-2021, 09:48 PM

Does it matter? I guess not. Would my preference change? That's really not the point. I thought you were actually going to go to one of these places. I presumed. Silly me, I guess. But whatever. No big deal.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-01-2021, 10:09 PM
It was just one of those This or That threads, I didn't expect anyone to read too much into it :|

DemonGeminiX
05-01-2021, 10:12 PM
It was just one of those This or That threads, I didn't expect anyone to read too much into it :|

Ok. It's nothing to lose any sleep over. I've already moved on from it a while ago.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-01-2021, 11:27 PM
Ok. It's nothing to lose any sleep over. I've already moved on from it a while ago.It will keep me up all night :|

DemonGeminiX
05-02-2021, 12:05 AM
It will keep me up all night :|

Well, I guess you better go to Applebees then. Or Chilis. Might clear your conscience.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-02-2021, 12:14 AM
Well, I guess you better go to Applebees then. Or Chilis. Might clear your conscience.I can't, I'm paralyzed with grief :|

DemonGeminiX
05-02-2021, 12:17 AM
I can't, I'm paralyzed with grief :|

I hear Applebees has awesome drink specials. It might help.

Godfather
05-04-2021, 05:57 AM
I don't think we have any Applebees of Chillis up here, but when I've been on trips down to the US it's been pretty bad at both joints :lol: That said, up here the comparable staple restaurant in BC is probably White Spot. If I hadn't been going since I was a kid I'm sure I would think the place was complete trash, but their burgers and shakes are nostalgic. Gotta go at least once a year.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-04-2021, 11:16 AM
I don't think we have any Applebees of Chillis up here, but when I've been on trips down to the US it's been pretty bad at both joints :lol: That said, up here the comparable staple restaurant in BC is probably White Spot. If I hadn't been going since I was a kid I'm sure I would think the place was complete trash, but their burgers and shakes are nostalgic. Gotta go at least once a year.

Looks like all the Applebee's in BC closed down 9 years ago.

https://www.timescolonist.com/business/applebee-s-restaurants-shut-down-across-b-c-1.24110

PorkChopSandwiches
05-04-2021, 03:09 PM
Thanking about happy hour at Applebees