PDA

View Full Version : Biden wears mask outdoors as ‘extra precaution,’ White House aide says

Teh One Who Knocks
05-03-2021, 10:22 AM
By Jackie Salo | New York Post

https://i.imgur.com/TK1gstx.png

President Biden hasn’t been following advice from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to ditch his mask outdoors and around small groups of other vaccinated people because he’s taking "extra precautions," a White House aide said Sunday.

"You know, we do take some extra precautions for him because he is the President of the United States," said Anita Dunn, a senior advisor in the Biden administration, on CNN’s "State of the Union" when asked about why Biden "doesn’t seem to be following" the new guidance.

Dunn insisted that he takes health officials’ advice "very seriously."

"I think the President takes the CDC guidelines very seriously, and he’s always taken his role as sending a signal to follow the science, very seriously as well," she said.

The agency last week announced that vaccinated Americans can ditch face coverings outdoors unless they are at large gatherings like concerts.

But Biden said he would continue to wear masks outside, calling it a "patriotic responsibility" and "small precaution."

Other vaccinated people should still feel comfortable following the new guidelines, Dunn said.

"I would say that people should follow the CDC guidelines and they should take advantage of getting the vaccine, getting fully vaccinated and taking that mask off, particularly as the weather grows so beautiful," she said.

"As we move forward I think that you will see more and more people enjoying that freedom, getting the vaccine, and realizing it’s one big step towards normalcy in this country," she continued.

lost in melb.
05-03-2021, 10:29 AM
Fair enough. He's old :hand:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-03-2021, 10:31 AM
Fair enough. He's old :hand:

:umno:

If you want people to get vaccinated, then you don't keep telling people that NOTHING is going to change after you get the shot. People don't want to wear a fucking mask everywhere they go, but here you have THE PRESIDENT telling you that even after you get the shot, you are still going to have to wear a stupid mask? So people are going to say, if nothing is going to change, why get vaccinated? He needs to LEAD, not be a virtue signaling asshat.

lost in melb.
05-03-2021, 11:01 AM
It's not 100% immunity :dunno:

Plus, since you refuse vaccination cards, how do you know who's been vaccinated??

FBD
05-03-2021, 11:23 AM
how do you know who's been vaccinated??

Aside from the fact that there's a bunch of high profiles who "got the shot" but absolutely obviously did not get a shot whatsoever (see e.g. Anthony Hopkins), a "vax" that has such a low rate of efficacy would never make it past trials. Its entirely the reason why all of these gene edit shots that people are getting are still Emergency Auth Only