PDA

View Full Version : Royal Marines Jet Suit Boarding Ex

PorkChopSandwiches
05-05-2021, 05:47 PM
https://youtu.be/suHOLFhbwsM

Godfather
05-07-2021, 03:24 AM
Pretty amazing. I saw another proof of concept video of a search and rescue team using it to get to a casualty on a treacherous mountain to stabilize the patient quickly too.

Will be very interesting to see if this actually deploys soon or if it's just going to stay in development for ages.

KevinD
05-07-2021, 11:20 PM
Its amazing, but they have a ways to go before thats a viable way to board a hostile ship. One haji with an AK.....

FBD
05-08-2021, 12:23 PM
Its amazing, but they have a ways to go before thats a viable way to board a hostile ship. One haji with an AK.....

that's just what I was thinking, they are sitting ducks if someone is armed and on the lookout, and with both arms used for propulsion, they cant even defend themselves

lost in melb.
05-08-2021, 02:27 PM
You don't need the flyer to board. Hook and grapple!

FBD
05-09-2021, 02:39 PM
You don't need the flyer to board. Hook and grapple!

he gonna drop it with his feet, or go flying off kilter when he uses one of his propulsion appendages to try and toss a hook? its cool, but this looks like pretty much just a novelty item.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-10-2021, 04:13 PM

:hand: This is how pirates will start boarding ships

FBD
05-10-2021, 04:14 PM

any ship sailing out in pirate waters had best be armed, or they're asking for problems

Godfather
05-11-2021, 03:24 AM

I actually just watched a great short doc on youtube of a journalist with pirates in SE Asia who board multi-million dollar cargo ships with nothing but some bamboo and rope to rob the crews :lol: They don't need this fancy shit

PorkChopSandwiches
05-11-2021, 03:23 PM
I actually just watched a great short doc on youtube of a journalist with pirates in SE Asia who board multi-million dollar cargo ships with nothing but some bamboo and rope to rob the crews :lol: They don't need this fancy shit

Yeah but can you imagine seeing pirates fly onto your ship :lol:

FBD
05-15-2021, 02:27 PM
better use for the tech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtvCnZqZnxc