PDA

View Full Version : US embassies fly BLM flags to mark anniversary of George Floyd death

Teh One Who Knocks
05-26-2021, 01:23 PM
By Samuel Chamberlain - New York Post

American embassies across the world marked the anniversary of George Floyd’s murder at the hands of Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin Tuesday by prominently displaying the Black Lives Matter flag.

In Athens, the flag was hanged in such a manner that it covered the official US embassy seal.

“We raise this banner in honor of George Floyd, murdered one year ago today, in solidarity with people around the globe seeking a world without racial discrimination and a future with equal opportunity for all,” read a post from the embassy’s official account, which included the hashtag “#BlackLivesMatter”.

Similar displays took place at American embassies in Madrid and Sarajevo, while US Ambassador to Cambodia W. Patrick Murphy tweeted an image of the flag on the fencing surrounding the embassy in Phnom Penh.

https://i.imgur.com/YLj23Wl.jpg

“As we mark the 1-year anniversary of the murder of George Floyd, we are reminded of injustices that persist and our commitment – and obligation – to seek justice, equality, and respect for all,” tweeted Murphy, who added the hashtag “#BLM”.

The demonstrations have the blessing of President Biden’s State Department. A leaked memo first obtained by Human Events and authenticated by Fox News read in part: “The Department supports the use of the term ‘Black Lives Matter’ in messaging content, speeches, and other diplomatic engagements with foreign audiences to advance racial equity and access to justice on May 25 and beyond. We encourage posts to focus on the need to eliminate systemic racism and its continued impact.”

https://i.imgur.com/rY9srIW.jpg

The memo adds that State Department employees are “generally” permitted to “engage in BLM-related activity while on duty or in the workplace.”

The department also tweeted out a video marking the anniversary of Floyd’s death in which Secretary of State Antony Blinken stressed: “For the United States to be a credible force for human rights around the world, we have to face the realities of racism and hatred here at home.

https://i.imgur.com/nWaXFwD.jpg

“We can’t sweep our shortcomings under the rug or pretend they don’t exist,” Blinken added. “We need to face them openly and honestly. Even if that’s ugly. Even if that’s painful.”

Chauvin was convicted last month of murder and manslaughter in Floyd’s death. Three other officers are awaiting trial in connection with the botched arrest that led to Floyd’s murder and all four face federal charges of violating Floyd’s civil rights.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-26-2021, 03:16 PM
disgusting

Teh One Who Knocks
05-26-2021, 03:22 PM
Yeah, think this bullshit would be happening if Trump was still President?

deebakes
05-28-2021, 07:25 PM
mmmmmmaybe? :lol:

RBP
05-30-2021, 03:50 AM
I'm confused. Government has strict rules against political activity using state resources.

lost in melb.
05-30-2021, 06:23 AM
Perhaps a lot of Americans actually feel strongly about this, even many conservatives.

Pony
05-30-2021, 10:34 AM
Perhaps a lot of Americans actually feel strongly about this, even many conservatives.

Nope.

A very vocal minority, politicians and media. Everyone else either doesn't care or feels it's an embarrassment and disgusting to give a hate group so much political power.

RBP
05-30-2021, 03:02 PM
Nope.

A very vocal minority, politicians and media. Everyone else either doesn't care or feels it's an embarrassment and disgusting to give a hate group so much political power.

With no accountability for the money trail.

lost in melb.
05-30-2021, 03:09 PM
Nope.

I disagree. I think it's a significant amount of people. A minority, perhaps, but certainly as many as there are Trumpers.

Perhaps (a Conservative) went to a BLM rally.

lost in melb.
05-30-2021, 03:10 PM
With no accountability for the money trail.

For a second there I thought you were talking about one of Trump's PACs.

(Please tell me you're on a tropical island somewhere sipping a Tequila)

RBP
05-30-2021, 03:14 PM
Why not fly this at every embassy then? It's more pandering bullshit that does nothing but divide.

https://i.imgur.com/FlvtOIz.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
05-30-2021, 03:33 PM
Why not fly this at every embassy then? It's more pandering bullshit that does nothing but divide.

https://i.imgur.com/FlvtOIz.jpg:qft:

FBD
05-31-2021, 12:01 PM
I disagree. I think it's a significant amount of people. A minority, perhaps, but certainly as many as there are Trumpers.

:lol: you have such an amazingly distorted view from down there, bro

PorkChopSandwiches
06-01-2021, 03:52 PM
BLM is about 1 fuckup away from being declared a terrorist group, they could easily be shut down for the way they have just been stealing donations for personal gain, I haven't seen anything showing them using the money for helping black communities. but I do see all the houses they have been buying for themselves

FBD
06-01-2021, 04:06 PM
BLM is about 1 fuckup away from being decaled a terrorist group, they could easily be shut down for the way they have just been stealing donations for personal gain, I haven't seen anything showing them using the money for helping black communities. but I do see all the houses they have been buying for themselves

so long as there are "biden"-cronies at those handful of importante gateway points into the system...

lost in melb.
06-02-2021, 01:08 AM
That's all fine guys. I just think you're underestimating the in-principled support for blm, warts and all, not just in the US but abroad as well. So something like putting up a banner may not seem like a big deal to most :dunno:

FBD
06-02-2021, 10:37 AM
I just think you're underestimating the in-principled support for blm, warts and all, not just in the US but abroad as well.

You spelled Understanding wrong :razz:

I just think you're understanding the un-principled support for blm, warts and all, not just in the US but abroad as well.

yes, this is correct here. but, that TV keeps telling a story, and its soooooooooo believeable :lol:

RBP
06-02-2021, 11:58 AM
That's all fine guys. I just think you're underestimating the in-principled support for blm, warts and all, not just in the US but abroad as well. So something like putting up a banner may not seem like a big deal to most :dunno:

If the world is ignorant to the reality of BLM and wants a pandering slogan to feel goof about themselves, then sure. Have your false ideology. No problem.

I keep looking for BLM to address black on black violence, maybe it's in their current list of demands... shall we?

BLM’s 7 Demands
1. Convict and ban Trump from future political office
2. Expel Republican members of Congress who attempted to overturn the election and incited a white supremacist attack
3. Launch a full investigation into the ties between white supremacy and the Capitol Police, law enforcement, and the military
4. Permanently ban Trump from all digital media platforms
5. Defund the police
6. Don’t let the coup be used as an excuse to crack down on our movement
7. Pass the BREATHE Act
The police were born out of slave patrols. We cannot reform an institution built upon white supremacy. We need a new, radical approach to public safety and community investment. President Biden has already drawn on the BREATHE Act in his executive actions calling for racial equity screens in federal programs, investing in environmental justice at historic levels, and engaging with system-impacted communities. The BREATHE Act paints a vision of a world where Black lives matter through investments in housing, education, health, and environmental justice.

They are actively supporting illegal immigration, called for the destruction of the nuclear family, and remain silent on the death in the inner cities. The Marxist list is long and disturbing.

This is what we want represented at our embassies?? Fly it on yours if it's so glorious.

DemonGeminiX
06-02-2021, 12:26 PM
Black Liberal Marxists

lost in melb.
06-03-2021, 02:03 PM
If the world is ignorant to the reality of BLM and wants a pandering slogan to feel goof about themselves, then sure. Have your false ideology. No problem.

I keep looking for BLM to address black on black violence, maybe it's in their current list of demands... shall we?

BLM’s 7 Demands
1. Convict and ban Trump from future political office
2. Expel Republican members of Congress who attempted to overturn the election and incited a white supremacist attack
3. Launch a full investigation into the ties between white supremacy and the Capitol Police, law enforcement, and the military
4. Permanently ban Trump from all digital media platforms
5. Defund the police
6. Don’t let the coup be used as an excuse to crack down on our movement
7. Pass the BREATHE Act
The police were born out of slave patrols. We cannot reform an institution built upon white supremacy. We need a new, radical approach to public safety and community investment. President Biden has already drawn on the BREATHE Act in his executive actions calling for racial equity screens in federal programs, investing in environmental justice at historic levels, and engaging with system-impacted communities. The BREATHE Act paints a vision of a world where Black lives matter through investments in housing, education, health, and environmental justice.

They are actively supporting illegal immigration, called for the destruction of the nuclear family, and remain silent on the death in the inner cities. The Marxist list is long and disturbing.

This is what we want represented at our embassies?? Fly it on yours if it's so glorious.

1. Ok
2. Ok
3. Hm
4. Hm
5. Hm
6. Ok
7. Don't know enough about it.

3/7. Not bad :obama:

FBD
06-03-2021, 02:20 PM
lmao, convict Trump of what? they've been trying since like 2015 with no evidence of anything.

fuggin conspiracy theorists :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
06-03-2021, 03:09 PM
:rofl: