PDA

View Full Version : DC Democrat calls for gender equality – in crash-test dummies

Teh One Who Knocks
06-04-2021, 10:16 AM
By Dom Calicchio | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/EKHphsIl.jpg

The world of auto crash-test dummies is apparently male-dominated – but a Democrat in Congress is hoping to change that, according to a report.

Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton, the non-voting representative of Washington, D.C., says the lack of female crash-test dummies means that vehicle collision risks for women are not adequately studied, according to the Washington Times.

Norton serves on the House Transportation subcommittee on highways and transit. She called for Congress to introduce legislation regarding her concerns.

"Women have achieved equality on the road when it comes to driving but when it comes to safety testing to keep them safe on the road, they are nowhere near achieving equality," Norton said in a statement, according to the Times.

"Crash-test standards are incredibly antiquated and we must update these standards now, especially as more people return to their daily commute in the next few months."
Federal researchers use only male crash-test dummies, and car manufacturers face no legal requirement to use both male and female dummies, Norton’s office said, according to the Times.

https://i.imgur.com/1BtypvYl.jpg

The delegate asserted that, as a consequence, women travelers were at a "higher risk of injury."

Norton’s office claimed that male-only dummies could not adequately provide the data to show how women’s crash reactions would differ from those of men. They pointed to differences in anatomy as well as average neck strength and posture, the Times reported.

Women drivers or front-seat passengers were 17% more likely to die in a crash than men, a National Highway Safety Administration study found, according to the report.

FBD
06-04-2021, 10:42 AM
what is she arguing for the crash tests to be set up more stupidly, so as to more properly mimic women's driving?

Griffin
06-04-2021, 10:51 AM
How often do they do crash tests with the vehicle reversing? :-k

FBD
06-04-2021, 11:00 AM
I think perhaps maybe they are saying we shouldn't have the crash test dummy actually facing forward with its eyes on the road

Teh One Who Knocks
06-04-2021, 11:06 AM
How often do they do crash tests with the vehicle reversing? :-k

I think perhaps maybe they are saying we shouldn't have the crash test dummy actually facing forward with its eyes on the road

You're both wrong :hand:

She wants a female dummy applying makeup using the rearview mirror and driving 65 mph down the highway :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-04-2021, 01:33 PM
Also, on a side note, it's so good to know that everything in this country is running so smoothly and perfectly that the elected politicians can focus on the important things like this. :)

RBP
06-04-2021, 01:48 PM
If more people die to save the planet through improved fuel efficiency, then those women have become righteous martyrs.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-08-2021, 05:29 PM
I cant believe she is applying a gender to these dummies with no voice

Griffin
06-08-2021, 05:45 PM
I cant believe she is applying a gender to these dummies with no voice

To be fair,
... all democrats are dummies.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-08-2021, 05:56 PM
https://youtu.be/jv7jcciKB_s

Teh One Who Knocks