PDA

View Full Version : Cicadas are related to shrimp – don't eat them if you have a seafood allergy, FDA warns

lost in melb.
06-05-2021, 01:02 PM
Thinking of trying a high-protein snack of a crunchy cicada? It's not a good idea for some diners, a federal agency warned Wednesday.

The latest group of periodical cicadas may tempt adventurous eaters, but people with seafood allergies should pass on any recipes that include the insects, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

"Don't eat #cicadas if you're allergic to seafood as these insects share a family relation to shrimp and lobsters," the FDA shared on Twitter.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...people-seafood-allergies-fda-says/7511161002/

RBP
06-05-2021, 01:10 PM
I heard there are recipes trending. People are so bored. I swear we need a war on our soil; we're imploding socially.

FBD
06-07-2021, 11:53 AM
I heard there are recipes trending. People are so bored. I swear we need a war on our soil; we're imploding socially.

You mean you havent heard all of the "meat and beef are unsustainable and people should get used to the idea of not having them and will have to eat bugs for protein instead" garbage......aka this is how things are in communist China, only rich people may have beef because it is not available and astronomically expensive over there. (most people can only have chicken or pork bellies for meat....well unless we include like dogs and shit...)

This is all just the act of forcing the plebes down.

lost in melb.
06-07-2021, 12:20 PM

:facepalm:

Meantime the Chinese :girldevil: