PDA

View Full Version : Police: Homeless man slept in couple's bed, stole their cats while they were on vacation

Teh One Who Knocks
06-10-2021, 12:01 PM
by WJAC Staff

https://i.imgur.com/1IspE9C.jpg

PORTAGE, Pa. (WJAC) —A self-described homeless man is facing felony charges after breaking into a couple’s apartment while they were on vacation, sleeping in their bed and stealing their two cats, according to police.

According to the Portage Borough Police Department, Austin Shaffer has been charged with felony burglary and criminal trespassing.

Officers say they were called by the couple after they returned from vacation May 26 and found that someone had broken into their apartment and threw their things around.

The couple told police that the person had used toothpaste to write a curse word on their mirror and their two cats were gone, according to a criminal complaint.

The couple also reported that someone had been sleeping in their bed because their bed was made when they left and when they returned, all the blankets were gone.

Police say witnesses who lived in the apartment building claimed Shaffer was the one responsible for the break-in.

Police say they spoke with Shaffer who claimed he entered the apartment to get out of the weather because he is homeless.

He explained that he heard the cats meowing and thought they were abandoned and that he was doing a good deed by taking the animals, police say.

Officers spoke with several other witnesses who overheard Shaffer bragging about breaking into the apartment, the complaint says.

Shaffer reportedly admitted to witnesses that he broke into the couple’s apartment and trashed it as revenge, according to the criminal complaint.

Shaffer is being lodged in the Cambria County Prison and was unable to post bail.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-10-2021, 04:05 PM
self-described homeless man

FBD
06-10-2021, 04:44 PM
I'll beat a motherfucker that fucks with my cats

lost in melb.
06-11-2021, 04:01 AM
He's got the bum look down pat