View Full Version : Teddy Roosevelt Statue To Be Removed From Outside American Museum Of Natural History Over Complaints Of ‘Racism,’ ‘Colonialism’

Teh One Who Knocks
06-24-2021, 01:05 PM
Greg Price - The Daily Caller

https://i.imgur.com/82ktAhm.jpeg

The statue of President Theodore Roosevelt outside the American Museum of Natural History in New York City will officially be removed due to complaints of it being a symbol of racism and colonialism.

The New York City Public Design Commission voted unanimously on Monday to relocate the statue that has stood at the museum steps since 1940 and depicts the 26th President flanked by a Native American and African man.
The statue will reportedly be located at a to-be-determined cultural institution dedicated to the Bull Moose’s life and legacy, the New York Times reported.

The statue has been under public scrutiny since 2017 and the museum originally requested the removal of it shortly after the June 2020 death of George Floyd amid increased scrutiny of supposedly “racist” historical symbols.

Mayor Bill de Blasio at the time welcomed the decision, saying that it was the “right decision and the right time to remove this problematic statue.”

Roosevelt family members also expressed approval for the removal of the statue, with Theodore Roosevelt IV, great-grandson of the president, saying at the time that “the world does not need statues, relics of another age, that reflect neither the values of the person they intend to honor nor the values of equality and justice.”

“The understanding of statues and monuments as powerful and hurtful symbols of systemic racism became even more evident in the wake of the movement for racial justice that emerged after the murder of George Floyd,” said Dan Slippen, vice president of government relations at the museum.

“It has become clear that removing the statue would be a symbol of progress toward an inclusive and equitable community,” he added.

Sam Biederman of the New York City Parks Department added that the statue “was not erected with malice of intent,” but that its composition “supports a thematic framework of colonization and racism.”

FBD
06-24-2021, 01:45 PM
you stupid progressives dont understand that other progressives will turn on you the moment an authority figure points and says "get him"

PorkChopSandwiches
06-24-2021, 05:39 PM
:roll:

deebakes
06-24-2021, 11:22 PM
:sad2:

Griffin
06-25-2021, 01:51 AM
I named my old jeep Teddy Roosevelt because it was a rough ridin sonofabitch.

Oofty Goofty
06-25-2021, 02:39 AM
What's next, blasting him off of Mt. Rushmore?

deebakes
06-25-2021, 02:50 AM
he's not leading slaves in south dakota

The Monk
06-25-2021, 04:54 AM
What's next, blasting him off of Mt. Rushmore?

The way the "woke brigade" behave, don't be surprised. History must be eradicated. Just wait until they start to think Hitler was just a poor misunderstood little boy.

Before this is done, publish the number of complaints and the names of the complainers for everyone to see..... then run a poll to find out how many want it to remain.

Pony
06-25-2021, 11:21 AM
The way the "woke brigade" behave, don't be surprised. History must be eradicated. Just wait until they start to think Hitler was just a poor misunderstood little boy.

Before this is done, publish the number of complaints and the names of the complainers for everyone to see..... then run a poll to find out how many want it to remain.

They will say that Hitler was bullied, that makes everything someone else's fault.

FBD
06-25-2021, 11:56 AM
:lol: oh no, I think you all forgot just who Hitler bullied - he will forever and ever be a pariah because of who sets the headlines, let's nevermind about all wars are bankster wars :dance:

The Monk
07-01-2021, 02:48 AM
They will say that Hitler was bullied, that makes everything someone else's fault.

The bullying came after he started it..... Churchill and Stalin and Roosevelt did a good job on him.

lost in melb.
07-01-2021, 03:00 AM
OK, in this instance I agree. Look at the statue

FBD
07-01-2021, 03:31 PM
The bullying came after he started it..... Churchill and Stalin and Roosevelt did a good job on him.

:lol: the bullying came after he started it....maybe go look up the jews war on germany in the 30s sometime? hitler didnt come out of nowhere, friendo

Hugh_Janus
07-02-2021, 07:12 PM
i did a bit of reading on this guy... what an absolute boss he was

Griffin
07-02-2021, 07:23 PM
I'm surprised you can find anything positive anymore with the rate the left is rewriting American history to fit their narrative.

lost in melb.
07-03-2021, 12:45 AM
i did a bit of reading on this guy... what an absolute boss he was

Had a read too. He was relatively progressive - but also a tough nationalist and international statesman! Probably someone that the modern Democrat could look up to.

Roosevelt ...championed his "Square Deal" domestic policies, promising the average citizen fairness, breaking of trusts, regulation of railroads, and pure food and drugs. He prioritized conservation and established national parks, forests, and monuments intended to preserve the nation's natural resources.

He expanded the Navy and sent the Great White Fleet on a world tour to project American naval power. His successful efforts to broker the end of the Russo-Japanese War won him the 1906 Nobel Peace Prize

Oh well... another one bites the dust

The Monk
07-04-2021, 09:23 AM
I'm surprised you can find anything positive anymore with the rate the left is rewriting American history to fit their narrative.

Not just USA - look what happened in Canada yesterday......

-------------------------------------------------------------
The British Government has condemned protests in Canada that saw angry mobs tear down statues of Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth II.

In scenes reminiscent of the Black Lives Matter rallies, the statues were ripped from their pedestals, daubed with red paint and covered in dirt.

The destruction is a direct response to historic injustices against Indigenous children in Canada. More than 1000 unmarked graves have been found near former Catholic boarding schools for Indigenous children in recent weeks.

The protesters chose to act on Canada Day, a national holiday celebrating the founding of the country by the British in July 1867. Traditionally the July 1 holiday is celebrated with barbecues and fireworks, much like July 4 in the US.

But this year Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said the day would be “a time for reflection”.

The grisly burials at the hated institutions, where Indigenous children were denied their own language and culture in a process of assimilation, have shocked Canadian society. The graves of pupils as young as three were discovered.

A UK Government spokesman said it was closely monitoring the situation in Canada but issued a stern rebuke over the defacing of the statues.

“We obviously condemn any defacing of statues of the Queen — our thoughts are with Canada’s Indigenous community following these tragic discoveries and we follow these issues closely and continue to engage with the government of Canada with Indigenous matters,” he said.

Until the 1990s, some 150,000 First Nations Metis and Inuit children were forcibly enrolled in 139 Catholic schools. Some were physically and sexually abused by teachers.

More than 4000 died of disease and neglect in the schools, according to a commission of inquiry that concluded Canada had committed “cultural genocide”.

Mr Trudeau said this week: “The horrific findings . . . have rightfully pressed us to reflect on our country’s historical failures, and the injustices that still exist for Indigenous peoples and many others in Canada. We as Canadians must be honest with ourselves about our past.”

With protesters seeking to link the events to Canada’s colonial past, they toppled and covered in red paint a statue of Queen Victoria outside the Manitoba Legislative Building in Winnipeg.

A smaller statue of Elizabeth II was pulled down in the same area. At least 10 churches in Calgary, Alberta, were also vandalised. In Toronto, demonstrators marched wearing T-shirts in support of Indigenous communities, many carrying signs with slogans such as “no pride in genocide”. Thousands held a similar rally in Montreal.

April Courtney Kipling, a 29-year-old Indigenous woman, said she was marching “to remember, to recognise all the children who will never go home”.

But Canada’s Opposition leader Erin O’Toole defended Canada Day. “The road to reconciliation does not start by tearing Canada down,” he said.

Arlen Dumas, grand chief of the Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs, was at a separate event at the time but said he was shocked at what happened.

“I personally wouldn’t have participated in that,” he said, though he added, “mind you, it has been a very triggering time over the past few weeks”.

“It’s unfortunate they chose to express themselves the way that they did. But it’s actually a symbol of the fact that there is a lot of hurt and that there’s a lot of frustration and anger with just how things have happened.”

Manitoba Premier Brian Pallister called the vandalism “a major setback for those who are working towards real reconciliation”.

“Those who commit acts of violence will be pursued actively in the courts. All leaders in Manitoba must strongly condemn acts of violence and vandalism, and at the same time, we must come together to meaningfully advance reconciliation,” he said in a statement.

The Canadian Government apologised in 2008 and admitted physical and sexual abuse in the schools was rampant.

https://i.imgur.com/U9iJJZ9.jpg

FBD
07-04-2021, 11:09 AM
lol what the fuck has the queen done for canada, aside from collect untold amounts in dues and scalpings over the years?

big difference between a real national leader* and an empire building monarch that somehow still has some claim to it today

*Insofar as a Progressive could ever be a "real" national leader of the USA. The Federalists were the Crown's attempt to keep the States, and once Federalist was a dirty word, they became the Progressives, and once Progressive became a dirty word around here, then they changed their name to Liberal. Their penchant for Opposite Land ever present since a Liberal became something rather different than the Classical Liberal that today's "crazy right winger" is. With Hillary, the mask came back off and since it had been long enough that everyone had forgotten that Progressive was indeed a dirty nasty traitorous word, now "Progressives" are once again on the march, little different than their more radical factions of Commie Bolshevism, Antifa, etc.

I understand that those heathens "helped make the USA what it is today," but I do not agree that those were all good things "that made the USA what it is today," because a bunch of it was merely furthering bankster/robber baron interests.

What irony it is today that we have the left tricked into defending Robber Barons, but I may digress from here.

lost in melb.
07-04-2021, 04:01 PM
Only a matter of time before it happens in Australia

DemonGeminiX
07-04-2021, 10:35 PM
Only a matter of time before it happens in Australia

These protestors are dumber than shit on a stick. They'd probably trip over themselves and fall into a nest of angry taipans if they tried to do it in Australia.

RBP
07-05-2021, 01:42 PM
"KKKanada" :lol:

The Monk
07-12-2021, 05:02 AM
Another one bites the dust:

Cheers erupted on Saturday as a Confederate statue that towered for nearly a century over downtown Charlottesville was carted away by truck from the Virginia city where it had become a flashpoint for racist protests.

It was a day of palpable joy and relief for scores of residents and visitors who lined the streets to watch the larger-than-life figure of Gen. Robert E. Lee as it was hoisted and taken to storage.

The removal came more than five years after racial justice activists had renewed a push to take down the monument, an initiative that drew the attention of white supremacists and other racist groups, culminating in the violent “Unite the Right” rally in 2017, when a car ploughed into protesters, injuring dozens and killing a woman.

“I’m ecstatic that we’re herenow. It’s sad that it’s taken so much to get us to this point,” Don Gathers, a local black activist, said.

Generals Lee and Thomas Stonewall Jackson fought for the South in defence of slavery in the civil war. Work to remove Lee’s statue, and one of Jackson shortly after, proceeded peacefully.

It was a project held up for years by a long legal fight coupled with changes in a State law that protected war memorials.

Also removed on Saturday was a statue depicting Sacagawea, and explorers Meriwether Lewis and William Clark, which has been criticised for depicting the Native American guide as subservient and weak.

Ralph Dixon, a 39-year-old black man, said when he was a boy, “All my teachers were always talking about what a great person this was”.

He said it was important to understand the statue was erected not directly after the Civil War but during the Jim Crow era when Black Americans’ rights were being stripped away.

https://i.imgur.com/29B8kFv.jpg

The Monk
07-12-2021, 05:04 AM
These protestors are dumber than shit on a stick. They'd probably trip over themselves and fall into a nest of angry taipans if they tried to do it in Australia.

They have tried to rename the City of Stirling in Perth because Capt Stirling shot some aborigines who were killing the white settlers. We seem to be adopting a position today of trying to rename everything with an aboriginal name in the name of reconciliation. They can't seem to accept reconciliation goes both ways.... peoples concentated striving for political correctness is sickening to say the least.,

I cannot accept why people today cannot accept and learn from the past not to repeat it rather than try and eradicate it.