PDA

View Full Version : Carrying 74 Cases Of Beer, PBR’s 1776-Pack Claims To Be The World’s Largest And Should Drive Sales

Teh One Who Knocks
07-01-2021, 10:46 AM
Hudson Lindenberger - Forbes

https://i.imgur.com/Ag2LkSZ.jpg

Pabst Blue Ribbon hopes that its latest packaging stunt will catch the public eye in a way no other beer brand has done before. Their just launched Independence Day-themed 1776-pack lays claim to the biggest beer package ever. It holds a whopping seventy-four cases of beer.

Thought up and designed by the PBR marketing team and agency partner 72andSunny L.A. the behemoth box of brews, there were only four created, were delivered by flatbed to four different partners that appeal to different audiences. They, in turn, will create PBR-centric #1776Pack content throughout the summer and share it through their own feeds and PBR’s.

https://i.imgur.com/Kha9COq.jpg

The diverse and interesting group that received the packages each appeal to a consumer that the brand values. The Nine Club runs a skateboarding podcast and pays homage to the brand’s long association with fringe sports. Midwest emo bandHot Mulligan, and comedienne Ali Macofsky, acknowledge PBR’s connection to live music and clubs. While Igloo Coolers was chosen to partner the beer with another long-lived American company that PBR feels epitomizes their brand’s message of low-key fun.

“As an internal brand team, we looked for micro-mainstream audiences that resonate with the PBR message of the classic American beer,” says Nick Reely, the VP of marketing at PBR. “We try not to take ourselves too seriously, and we think that this package just shows we want to have fun.”

The idea for the colossal case was born from another headline grabber the brand rolled out two years ago, its 99-pack of beer. Priced at $99, the display topper garnered widespread attention and has rolled out each summer season since—much to their retailers delight.

“It garnered a large share of conversation for several weeks, which meant higher intent from consumers to search out our brand,” says Reely. “Our paid category spend is a fraction of what much larger brands have in the category, so we need to punch above our weight. Doing attention-grabbing stunts like these amplify our presence affordably.”

According to Reely, they expect to see roughly a 60X increase in earned press dollars on a $100,000 cost. That’s six million dollars in advertising they are planning on generating over the summer months, the busiest in the beer universe.

Besides the initial pop of attention the package is grabbing this weekend, the tag line on the boxes says, “This is the Original Past Blue Ribbon 1776 Pack, It can hold 1776 Pabst Blue Ribbon beers and infinite amounts of freedom. You’re welcome, America.” the continuing social media blitz should continue until Labor Day.

One of the most significant ways the brand will continue to keep the buzz flowing is its partnership with Igloo. A custom video will show ‘Chilly’ the Igloo Mascot packing limited edition Playmate coolers with beer from the package. Those will be sent out to various celebrities, influencers, and others this summer.

The hopes are high at PBR that this stunt works, and if it does, they are mentioning the possibility of going bigger the next time. Only time will tell, but for now, people are paying attention.

FBD
07-01-2021, 03:38 PM
that stuff is such swill, how do people drink it

Teh One Who Knocks
07-01-2021, 03:48 PM
Because it's cheap :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
07-01-2021, 04:01 PM
Our brewer drinks it all the time :lol:

FBD
07-01-2021, 04:05 PM
its like barely a notch above natty lite :puke:

PorkChopSandwiches
07-01-2021, 04:07 PM
If I drink 1-2 of them, then they upset my stomach :lol:

lost in melb.
07-06-2021, 08:59 AM
If I drink 1-2 of them, then they upset my stomach :lol:

5 years supply, papa

Teh One Who Knocks
07-06-2021, 10:25 AM
5 years supply, papa

Pretty sure that beer only has a 'freshness' shelf life of ≈90 days

RBP
07-07-2021, 01:04 AM
Hipsters made it popular again.

FBD
07-07-2021, 10:20 AM
lotta hardcore dudes love it also

Teh One Who Knocks
07-07-2021, 02:35 PM
Mashed

https://i.imgur.com/AOKrMrtl.png

In case you're wondering just how much shelf space this 1,776-pack would take up at your local liquor store, it seems you won't get to find out. It's a super-limited edition, as in, only four boxes were ever produced, and they're not for sale. Instead, Food & Wine says they will be distributed to a select group of social media-savvy recipients: skateboarding podcasters The Nine Club, comedian Ali Macofsky, and a Michigan band called Hot Mulligan. Oh, and the fine folks at Igloo Coolers, who will at least be able to keep their beers well-chilled. As Pabst promises (or hopes, at least), "Each partner will provide content (and updates) through the Summer and into Labor Day," adding that we can, if we wish, "Follow along @pabstblueribbon and #1776pack."

Bummed that you won't have enough beer for that Bicentennial 45th-anniversary bash? (It seems like only yesterday that Gerald Ford was in office and disco ruled the airwaves.) Never fear, the PBR 99-pack is also coming back to stores this summer. Take one down, pass it around, and stash the rest safely in your Igloo Cooler so they won't get warm if it takes a while to knock back the whole box.

FBD
07-07-2021, 02:41 PM
:lol: 99 pack