PDA

View Full Version : Psaki Blames GOP For Defunding Police, But She Can’t Name 1 Republican Who Called For Defunding Police

Teh One Who Knocks
07-01-2021, 11:14 AM
Daily Wire Staff Report

https://i.imgur.com/OkXjPiBl.jpg

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki continued to promote her outrageous claim that Republicans are the ones who pushed for defunding the police yet, when pushed by a reporter on Wednesday, she was unable to name a single Republican who has ever championed defunding the police.

Psaki’s claim comes as Oakland, which is controlled by Democrats, voted this week to defund the police, and three Democratic lawmakers called for defunding the police this week.

“There are lots of examples of Democrats explicitly saying they want to defund the police,” the reporter said. “We’ve got Congresswoman Cori Bush, Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Ilhan Omar. Are there any examples of Republican members of Congress saying they want to defund the police?”

Psaki was unable to name a single Republican who has ever openly called for defunding the police.

WATCH:

Griffin
07-01-2021, 11:44 AM
I'll be glad when we oust these squatters from the White House and capitol.

PorkChopSandwiches
07-01-2021, 03:39 PM
:facepalm:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-01-2021, 03:49 PM
How long will Peter Doocy keep his WH Press credentials? He's the only one that asks real questions and she clearly can't ever give a real answer to any of the questions he asks.

lost in melb.
07-02-2021, 02:39 AM
I'll be glad when we oust these squatters from the White House and capitol.

Easy there, buckshot :hand:

lost in melb.
07-02-2021, 02:44 AM
She was making the point that in actions, not words Republicans strip public funding, including the police. Is she incorrect?

Pony
07-02-2021, 10:19 AM
She was making the point that in actions, not words Republicans strip public funding, including the police. Is she incorrect?

If by that, you mean "lower taxes", then yes she is correct.

Bottom line is she can "spin" it any way she wants but the bottom line is is was far leftists that were pushing the "defund police" movement.

lost in melb.
07-02-2021, 01:00 PM
If by that, you mean "lower taxes", then yes she is correct.

Bottom line is she can "spin" it any way she wants but the bottom line is is was far leftists that were pushing the "defund police" movement.

Yes, true, but the actual leftists in power have done nothing of the sort. It was all a sloganistic political beat up.

Griffin
07-02-2021, 01:32 PM
You must have missed Maxine Waters, numerous dem mayors and governors across the country, not to mention the phony VP Harris herself calling for the dismantling of police forces.

lost in melb.
07-02-2021, 01:36 PM
You must have missed Maxine Waters, numerous dem mayors and governors across the country, not to mention the phony VP Harris herself calling for the dismantling of police forces.

Okz, guffaw. Maxine whatever.

Kamala was pure political posturing. Are you suggesting she was intent on dismantling the police force? :rolleyes:

Griffin
07-02-2021, 01:47 PM
She 100% supports any agenda she is told to.

KevinD
07-02-2021, 03:28 PM
Yes, true, but the actual leftists in power have done nothing of the sort. It was all a sloganistic political beat up.

You really gonna come in here saying we haven't heard what we have from those twats? GTFO

lost in melb.
07-02-2021, 04:00 PM
Heard, yes, but not acted on. Would anyone with half a brain actually dismantle the police force?

(Ok, Maxine and Omar msybe - but you have space lasers on your side)

Teh One Who Knocks
07-02-2021, 04:18 PM
Heard, yes, but not acted on. Would anyone with half a brain actually dismantle the police force?

And the republican leadership rebuked that dumbass for that comment about the Jewish space lasers. Whereas the democrats have NEVER reprimanded Omar or Tliab or AOC for their racist and anti-Semitic comments.

Griffin
07-02-2021, 05:23 PM

What Cities Have Defunded Police?

According to a Forbes report from August 2020, at least 13 cities have defunded or are in the process of defunding their police departments:
Cities defunded police departments - National Police Support Fund

New York City
Washington, D.C.
Baltimore
Philadelphia
Los Angeles
San Francisco
Atlanta
Minneapolis
Seattle
Salt Lake City
Portland, Oregon
Hartford, Connecticut
Norman Oklahoma,
Austin, Texas

According to Forbes, funding cuts ranged from $1 billion in New York City to $3.5 million in Seattle and $850,000 in smaller cities like Norman, Oklahoma. However, Forbes also reports that several cities have increased police spending, including Houston, San Diego, Nashville, and Durham, North Carolina.

Griffin
07-02-2021, 05:25 PM
Notice the second on the list. The epicenter of liberal stupidity.

KevinD
07-02-2021, 05:57 PM

Dude, get a clue. I know you're a smart guy. Read some real news about what the liberals have done in this country to the controlled cities, states, etc.

I know sometimes you're just poking the bear around here, but its hard to tell when you're joking at times.

lost in melb.
07-03-2021, 01:04 AM
What Cities Have Defunded Police?

According to a Forbes report from August 2020, at least 13 cities have defunded or are in the process of defunding their police departments:
Cities defunded police departments - National Police Support Fund

New York City
Washington, D.C.
Baltimore
Philadelphia
Los Angeles
San Francisco
Atlanta
Minneapolis
Seattle
Salt Lake City
Portland, Oregon
Hartford, Connecticut
Norman Oklahoma,
Austin, Texas

According to Forbes, funding cuts ranged from $1 billion in New York City to $3.5 million in Seattle and $850,000 in smaller cities like Norman, Oklahoma. However, Forbes also reports that several cities have increased police spending, including Houston, San Diego, Nashville, and Durham, North Carolina.

Dude, get a clue. I know you're a smart guy. Read some real news about what the liberals have done in this country to the controlled cities, states, etc.

I know sometimes you're just poking the bear around here, but its hard to tell when you're joking at times.

Ok, my argument was a hard sell. I stand corrected.

They seem to be about-facing in some states though

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-06/new-york-city-s-police-budget-is-increasing-again

I maintain there are crazies in both sides at the mo