PDA

View Full Version : Teen Gets Into A Car Then Drives Straight Into A Pool

Teh One Who Knocks
07-20-2021, 10:36 AM
By Mercedes Streeter - Jalopnik

https://i.imgur.com/lTpCLxq.jpg

A teen driver in Colorado likely learned a couple of good driving lessons on Thursday after they reversed an Infiniti G37xS into the deep end of a pool. The car may be a little wet, but the driver and their passenger are reported to be safe.

Police in Lakewood, Colorado, responded to a report of a car getting a deep clean at the bottom of a pool on Thursday.
Its driver, a teenager with a learner’s permit, accidentally put the car into reverse and sent it through a fence and into the pool, reports CBS 4 Denver.

Police cited the driver with careless driving but are happy to say that the teen and their adult occupant escaped the vehicle without injury.

Of course, the police couldn’t help themselves and dropped a one liner that I feel so bad for giggling at:

Just FYI, the best line for this is “Check out our new Infiniti Pool”. Everyone else is battling for second place.

The responses on Twitter deliver even worse groaners.

Meanwhile, West Metro Fire Rescue posted a video of the extraction process for the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBpVGQMCVsc

In it, the department shows its divers chaining up the Infiniti’s rear wheels to the winch and boom of a nearby wrecker. The car was then yanked out with the help of 2x4s.

It’s easy to roast the driver for the mistake, but we’ve all done a silly thing or two while learning how to drive, sometimes resulting in a crash. Hopefully, this teen isn’t deterred from getting behind the wheel again and now knows to make sure that they’re in the correct gear. They also likely learned the useful skill of how to escape a sinking car.

DemonGeminiX
07-20-2021, 01:08 PM
It’s easy to roast the driver for the mistake, but we’ve all done a silly thing or two while learning how to drive, sometimes resulting in a crash. Hopefully, this teen isn’t deterred from getting behind the wheel again and now knows to make sure that they’re in the correct gear. They also likely learned the useful skill of how to escape a sinking car.

:-s

What? Not only would my teen find it hard to walk without a funny gate for the next several months, but he or she wouldn't get behind the wheel of a vehicle, mine or otherwise, until he or she reached the age of 30.

lost in melb.
07-20-2021, 01:19 PM
:-s

What? Not only would my teen find it hard to walk without a funny gate for the next several months, but he or she wouldn't get behind the wheel of a vehicle, mine or otherwise, until he or she reached the age of 30.

It was an accident :dunno:

What's a funny gate?

DemonGeminiX
07-20-2021, 01:21 PM
Gait, sorry. And I don't care if it was an accident, my kid would have known better. His or her life would depend on it.

lost in melb.
07-20-2021, 01:26 PM
Oh, gait!

You're a hard ass. If I was the supervising adult I would have probably blamed myself as well.

I do wonder how it happened though. How can you make a mistake like that?

DemonGeminiX
07-20-2021, 01:35 PM
Oh, gait!

You're a hard ass. If I was the supervising adult I would have probably blamed myself as well.

I do wonder how it happened though. How can you make a mistake like that?

Blame my dad. He was like that with me. But it served me well. I've never messed up behind the wheel of a vehicle. I always take the time to check, because Dad's voice is still in the back of my mind, "Boy, take your time. If you mess up this car with me in it..."

And I think the "supervising adult" either was thinking the driver would know without being told, or would correct the mistake quickly after finding out they made it. No such luck in either case.

lost in melb.
07-20-2021, 01:43 PM
Blame my dad. He was like that with me. But it served me well. I've never messed up behind the wheel of a vehicle. I always take the time to check, because Dad's voice is still in the back of my mind, "Boy, take your time. If you mess up this car with me in it..."

It's funny, with me it was the opposite. The criticism I received from dad often made me nervous and then I made mistakes. He was very supportive about general principles or study or stuff like that, but being monitored by him while doing something under pressure I really dreaded.

And I think the "supervising adult" either was thinking the driver would know without being told, or would correct the mistake quickly after finding out they made it. No such luck in either case.

True, probably took the adult by complete surprise.