PDA

View Full Version : Terra Nova

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2011, 05:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6aNEIZwPFc

http://www.fox.com/terranova/

Anyone else interested in this? Gonna check it out when it premieres this Fall?

Hal-9000
07-25-2011, 06:14 PM
heard only smatterings on this one...must read more and return with an opinion

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2011, 06:22 PM
I think it looks interesting, but I have one big concern. It looks like it's an expensive show to produce and it's on FOX...not a good combination. Something tells me that if the tratings aren't spectacular in the first couple of weeks, FOX will yank it before it even has a real chance.

DemonGeminiX
07-25-2011, 07:14 PM
Jurassic Park serialized on Fox?

:-k

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2011, 07:47 PM
Kinda, but not exactly....they go back in time to prehistoric times to save humanity because the planet is dying

DemonGeminiX
07-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Yeah, I read that. The air has gone bad or something like that. Here's a question: They have the technology to go back in time 85 million years, but they don't have the technology to improve air quality, or otherwise save the Earth, in their own time?

Like time travel is sooooo much easier.

:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2011, 09:12 PM
Yeah, that part seems a bit fuzzy :lol:

Also, and I hope they explain it in the show, if you do develop the capability of time travel, why the hell would you go back to the time of the dinosaurs to restart civilization? :confused:

Hal-9000
07-25-2011, 09:32 PM
Yeah, I read that. The air has gone bad or something like that. Here's a question: They have the technology to go back in time 85 million years, but they don't have the technology to improve air quality, or otherwise save the Earth, in their own time?

Like time travel is sooooo much easier.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2011, 09:33 PM
http://i.imgur.com/JhZY3.jpg

Hal-9000
07-25-2011, 09:46 PM
"you'll get paid after we get back"

oh yessssss :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2011, 10:05 PM
What? It sounds legit :-k

Hal-9000
07-25-2011, 10:06 PM
well...he has done it once before

I'm in! :face:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2011, 10:10 PM
Just from looking at the above trailer, this does look like it will be good. I just hope that FOX won't yank it after 2 or 3 weeks which is pretty much their M.O.

:|

Hal-9000
07-25-2011, 10:13 PM
Wait..before we get all carried away with thread content...:lol:

guy in your ad says he's done it 'once' before.Only once? That means he's from the future :shock:

ok, had to get that out

DemonGeminiX
07-25-2011, 10:14 PM
The effects look great. It's a Spielberg thing so that should draw some viewers. The problem is keeping viewers' attentions. As far as I can see, we'll have dinosaurs and two rival camps in prehistoric times. Neglecting the obvious plot holes, how many novel ideas are they going to be able to draw out of that?

Hal-9000
07-25-2011, 10:14 PM
This sounds a lot like that old Saturday morning cheese-fest Land of the Lost

watch out for the Sleestak!!!! :shock:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2011, 10:15 PM
Wait..before we get all carried away with thread content...:lol:

guy in your ad says he's done it 'once' before.Only once? That means he's from the future :shock:

ok, had to get that out

No, I take it to mean he successfully went back in time (and returned safely) once before :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2011, 10:16 PM
The effects look great. It's a Spielberg thing so that should draw some viewers. The problem is keeping viewer's attention. As far as I can see, we'll have dinosaurs and two rival camps in prehistoric times. Neglecting the obvious plot holes, how many novel ideas are they going to be able to draw out of that?

And therein lies one of the problems...I'm gonna guess this show is expensive to produce, so that makes me worry that FOX will have it on a quick hook if the ratings aren't out of this world right off the bat. :wha:

Hal-9000
07-25-2011, 10:20 PM
depends on which slot they give it too....maybe the Friday night death slot as it's called :lol:

DemonGeminiX
07-25-2011, 10:20 PM
:dunno:

They're pushing ads for it pretty hard. It's not starting up for a month? Maybe it'll do well out of the gate.

DemonGeminiX
07-25-2011, 10:21 PM
depends on which slot they give it too....maybe the Friday night death slot as it's called :lol:

I don't understand how Friday night became the "Death slot". The X-Files thrived on Friday night for a decade.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2011, 10:22 PM

Monday night as the lead-in to House it looks like

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/18/primetime-tv-schedule-chart/

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2011, 10:23 PM
:dunno:

They're pushing ads for it pretty hard. It's not starting up for a month? Maybe it'll do well out of the gate.

I hope so...TV needs more sci-fi/fantasy stuff

I don't understand how Friday night became the "Death slot". The X-Files thrived on Friday night for a decade.

Different era....back then, FOX wasn't considered a "major" network yet

Hal-9000
07-25-2011, 10:23 PM

my thoughts too...what better night to get revved up for your fave show than Friday or Saturday??

oh yeah...other people go out on those nights :sad2:

DemonGeminiX
07-25-2011, 10:25 PM
my thoughts too...what better night to get revved up for your fave show than Friday or Saturday??

oh yeah...other people go out on those nights :sad2:

:hand:

I watched the X-files then went out.

Hal-9000
07-25-2011, 10:36 PM
I go out all weekend long and still manage to watch my TV shows....the next day from some select links :lol:

probably the only shows I've watched in real time are Survivor and the last season of BSG

DemonGeminiX
07-25-2011, 10:39 PM
Networks don't consider thievery in their viewership demographics.

:nono:

Hal-9000
07-25-2011, 10:44 PM
I'm a Nelson downloading family :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2011, 10:47 PM
I'm a Nelson downloading family :lol:

It's Nielsen :slap:

:haha:

Hal-9000
07-25-2011, 10:48 PM
no wonder none of my shows stay on the air..

:coat:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-25-2011, 10:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/I8qoT.jpg

Hal-9000
07-25-2011, 10:54 PM
:shock:

*sends for and adopts Russian little sister...heh heh heh...*

Now we have 4 :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-26-2011, 12:58 AM
Does Terra Nova Have the “It” Factor to Make It Big?

http://i.imgur.com/TYdEQ.jpg

Fox is, in the opinion of many, taking a pretty big risk in Terra Nova. Why? For many reasons.

First of all is the boring-yet-very-real concern of the cost. The first episode, which they say is two hours in length, cost $15 million alone. The thirteen episodes are being shot in Australia, which is an expensive country to shoot in anyway, but coupled with the facts that it is set in the middle of nowhere, which increases shooting costs, and that they have had to break to accommodate Mother Nature and her pesky flooding…well, the numbers don’t lie. Fox has invested a lot in a show that may or may not do well in its target audience and time bracket. Which leads us to the next concern.

Second, Terra Nova is being pitched to a very broad audience. Fox doesn’t even like calling the show a sci-fi adventure, preferring to call it an “epic family drama” instead. This is a smart tactic, because women are some of the biggest TV watchers of family dramas, and women watch their shows consistently and loyally. Women don’t, however, always get hooked on sci-fi, but throw in the word “family” and you may have a better chance. However, they are being crafty about the female watching demographic, not depending heavily on it, as evidenced by the fact that they did not put the premiere date (which will be September 26) during the “normal” Fall premiere week. Why? Because Terra Nova would have been having to follow the Emmy Awards show, a show which has a very fermale-heavy audience. They just didn’t think it was an appropriate time, and I for one agree with that assessment. Someone who has just spent hours watching an awards show is not going to want to sit for another two hours watching a show that may or may not be your cup of tea. Unless you’re a mom like me, who will skip the Emmys and make sure to watch a sci-fi or fantasy or compelling epic family drama—because, sorry, but awards shows are excruciatingly boring.

Sci-fi and dinosaur devotees will, of course, at least give the show a token try, and hopefully be drawn in by the storyline and suspense. Fox isn’t counting on the dinosaur dynamic to keep people, and that is very realistic and wise. “If we can get people to buy into this family, then we have a shot,” Preston Beckman, Fox’s scheduling executive. “If it’s dinosaur of the week, we’ll never have a shot.” The show’s creators have actually invented some new dinosaurs, which will be fun in a way, but could actually tick off the hardline science fans, but let’s hope they allow for some creative license. Let’s also hope that the media blitz of early posters Fox put out, which feature slightly tongue-in-cheek warnings about feeding dinosaurs, etc., don’t focus too much attention on the dinosaurs.

“We can sell dinosaurs to one audience, time travel to another and a family drama to another,” says Beckman. “The T-Rex we all know and grew up with may not be correct. … We don’t want to market with the wrong dinosaurs.”

The ultimate staying power of Terra Nova will lie in its storyline and characters, not special effects. Anyone who saw (and hated) the Star Wars prequels knows that.

They’re casting their figurative seed far and wide, waging a high-profile ad campaign that, it is hoped, will hook people’s interest and keep it until September. Fox is inserting trailers in all kinds of movies, from Super 8 to Harry Potter’s new flick to X-Men: First Class. They’re putting ads out during baseball games, especially during the All Star Game, and will feature a big spot on September 25, which is when the NFL season double-header is supposed to kick off. That’s a whole different kettle of fish—if the lockout hasn’t been resolved by then, who knows what will happen to the Fall advertising schedule? Regardless, between the sports ads and the new animated lineup for Fox (The Simpsons, American Dad, Family Guy, et al) on Sunday will be saturated with Terra Nova hype, because there is a high correlation between viewers who love animated series and sci-fi…oops, “epic family drama.”

Terra Nova is everywhere, or will be: museums, zoos, amusement parks, and soon at Comic-Con in San Diego, that golden citadel of all things wonderful and geeky. Note how the big networks have begun catering to the “kinds of people” who know and love Comic-Con: they have seen how the huge hits (and, let’s be fair, the huge flops) have been sci-fi, superhero, fantasy, etc., in the past decade. So those of us who have always secretly treasured our inner awkward teens, feel proud of it—we’re powerful now, and Fox and others know it.

Will Fox be able to pull it off? If Terra Nova broad enough to appeal to such a wide audience and keep them? Will it fare well this season , or will it quietly go into that good night, in the way Flash Forward and The Event did? Let’s hope not. I think Terra Nova has something they didn’t.

And…dinosaurs isn’t it. Well, not all of it.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-26-2011, 06:15 PM
Series premiere is tonight

Hal-9000
09-26-2011, 06:15 PM
on TV?

:sad2:

KevinD
09-26-2011, 09:49 PM
Yep, on TV. Not sure I'm gonna watch it. If I'm in the hotel, probably will watch Eureka, Warehouse 13, and Alphas. If out, will be watching the 'skins beat up on the 'boys (hopefully)

Maybe they will repeat it later at night?

Pony
09-26-2011, 10:36 PM
I'll check it out. See if it's worth following for at least a few episodes.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-26-2011, 10:40 PM
I'll check it out. See if it's worth following for at least a few episodes.

That's my plan too...I am afraid though that I will like it and of course since it's on FOX, it will be canceled after 3 episodes :|

Pony
09-26-2011, 10:48 PM
I'm sure they have filmed at least 6. :mrgreen:

Pony
09-26-2011, 10:49 PM
What I don't get is why they went back 80 million years? Why not go back to after the dinosaurs/ice age?

Teh One Who Knocks
09-26-2011, 10:57 PM
I'm sure they have filmed at least 6. :mrgreen:

1 episode aired, canceled, then DVD release :rolleyes:

What I don't get is why they went back 80 million years? Why not go back to after the dinosaurs/ice age?

Yeah, that's my biggest :wtf: about the whole premise too...hopefully they will explain it

Pony
09-26-2011, 11:00 PM
I think if they don't do a good enough job explaining some basics that the sci fi crowd will turn it off pretty fast. I guess we'll have to wait and see....

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2011, 03:00 AM
I thought it wasn't too bad....lotsa stuff thrown at you in those first 2 hours though

deebakes
09-27-2011, 03:15 AM
this suitable for kids? :-k

Shady
09-27-2011, 09:55 AM
I liked it but why do I feel like its Lost but with Dinosaurs? Already don't like Josh.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2011, 10:36 AM
this suitable for kids? :-k

Don't see why not :-k

I liked it but why do I feel like its Lost but with Dinosaurs? Already don't like Josh.

I dunno if I would compare it to Lost yet, but it did kinda give off that vibe (mostly the 'mysterious' markings on the rocks).

As far as Josh goes, I wouldn't say I don't like him, but his character is a total cliché and although the show was well done and there would great SFX (especially considering it was TV), that whole story line with the kids was totally predictable.

I do have other questions that I hope they address though. They explained the whole 'rip in time' thing (plus threw in the fact that it's also an alternate time line as well), so we know why they went back 85 million years, but they also said that the whole thing is a one way trip. How are the people in the past communicating with the people in the future? How did they even know it was safe to send others through? If they mentioned that, I totally missed it.

Even with the flaws, it was good and kept my interest, so I'll definitely watch it again.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Taylor reminded me too much of Hank Scorpio :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/V7pXl.png

Pony
09-27-2011, 10:57 AM
So they can get anything they need from the future but yet the only portable weapon they have is firearms? nothing powerful enough to put down a dino? And the "Sonic cannons" either don't do much but stun or those people are really lousy shots.

I predict something happens in the next episode that cuts them off from the future.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2011, 11:06 AM
Yeah, the relatively light weaponry they have with them seems pretty short sighted. Especially considering it appears that they can communicate with the future. :-k

Pony
09-27-2011, 11:13 AM
Yep. And it looks like they have plenty of amenities that have been sent too them. Way more than just the basics to build a colony, that little village is decked out.

The other thing that annoyed me is that in the future they are dying from the pollution but yet in all the overhead city shots every other building was dumping soot into the air?

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2011, 11:18 AM
Yeah, that was kinda stupid....this is supposed to take place about 150 years in the future (their 'present time') yet they can't filter out smog? FFS we can do that now at this point and I would only assume technology would advance a lot in 150 years from now.

Pony
09-27-2011, 11:28 AM
I guess sonic cannons and power cell vehicles were more important than prolonging the human race.

I was also WTF? When the little girl came out into the living room and said there is no room for her. My impression of the future was they were all packed in cramped living quarters because of overpopulation...plus the little girl was an unregistered kid, I would have thought that she never had a room.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2011, 11:36 AM
No kidding, especially since she spent part of her life hiding in an air vent...and then later on in the show she whined that she wanted to go back home? :-s

Shady
09-27-2011, 06:33 PM
The only reasonable assumption they have of the future is the risk of overpopulation.

Plus how do they know that they are dealing with an alternate time stream? A lot could have happened in 85 million years. It could have been destroyed by an asteroid, melted in a supervolcano or had the remains repeatedly crushed by glacier movement.

The moon thing bothered me too. That thing looked way too big for how much closer it was to the planet, roughly 425km.

There are a lot of holes that need plugging but I like the idea of the show. Plus the laser knife was pretty cool.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2011, 07:03 PM
The only reasonable assumption they have of the future is the risk of overpopulation.

Plus how do they know that they are dealing with an alternate time stream? A lot could have happened in 85 million years. It could have been destroyed by an asteroid, melted in a supervolcano or had the remains repeatedly crushed by glacier movement.

Not only that, but when they couldn't find the remains of the probe in their current time, why did they assume it was even safe to go through? That makes no sense at all.

Pony
09-27-2011, 10:27 PM
The other thing that annoyed me was that the kids all survived the "slasher" attack. Somehow the girl got away with injuries then the boy got slashed across the chest and ended up with a flesh wound? After they were talking about how sharp the tail "blade" was earlier and with enough power behind it to rip the panels off the truck you would think he would have been nearly cut in two. Plus the other boy that the Slasher was just nibbling on his leg a bit, predatory hunter my ass.....

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2011, 10:31 PM
Yeah, there definitely should have been a lot more carnage during that whole thing. My guess? They don't want to make it too scary or violent because they want the family demographic to keep watching this.

But you are spot on, when that Slasher grabbed that kid by the leg, I thought for sure he was gonna eat him whole. I think the only person that died in the whole show was that Sixer guy that was pulled from his gun turret on his vehicle by those other dinosaurs.

Pony
09-27-2011, 10:35 PM
It wouldn't have been any more violent to just show him dragged into the woods never to be seen again.
They're making the dino's seem like pussies IMO. And I'm pretty sure the turret guy will be in the next episode with a small band-aid on his cheek. :mrgreen:

Hal-9000
09-27-2011, 10:37 PM
How many eps have aired and do I need to see this?

thx

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Just the 2 hour pilot last night...and I would say check it out. It had some flaws (which we're all discussing), but it was still enjoyable.

Pony
09-27-2011, 10:44 PM
2 hour premier was last night. Some decent visual effects, as we've been discussing there's some weak plot points but I'll give it a few more episodes. Tyipical for network TV so far, it seems dumbed down for the teenage and non-scifi crowd IMO.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2011, 10:50 PM
I do hope they mix some things up and make it a bit less predictable and cliched.

Pony
09-27-2011, 10:53 PM
I dunno if they crammed so much into the pilot trying to wow the audience? It seems they very easily could have left the Sixers and the weird symbols for future episodes and just focused on life there and dealing with the environment and the natural threats.

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2011, 10:56 PM
Agreed....and not only did they introduce the weird symbols in the pilot, they also partially 'solved' the mystery behind them :wha:

Pony
09-27-2011, 10:59 PM
:shakehead:

I did miss the first 90 seconds or so, did they explain how they opened the rip and why they could only go 85 million years back?

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2011, 11:09 PM
:shakehead:

I did miss the first 90 seconds or so, did they explain how they opened the rip and why they could only go 85 million years back?

Not really....Maddy I believe is the only one that was giving any explanations about it at all. And it's all flawed logic. But it appears they 'discovered' the rip in time, so they had no control on where in time they would end up.

Hal-9000
09-27-2011, 11:13 PM
I haven't read any of your comments...question tho

If men go back 80 million years and live in the era of dinosaurs, wouldn't it cause one of those time conundrum thingy's where everything they do affects
the current ecosystem? Not the changing of timelines thingy (because events that have already happened can't be redone)...I'm thinking more of their impact on the biology of the era

eg some guys start taking dumps and there's no real human poo yet..

Teh One Who Knocks
09-27-2011, 11:17 PM
I haven't read any of your comments...question tho

If men go back 80 million years and live in the era of dinosaurs, wouldn't it cause one of those time conundrum thingy's where everything they do affects
the current ecosystem? Not the changing of timelines thingy (because events that have already happened can't be redone)...I'm thinking more of their impact on the biology of the era

eg some guys start taking dumps and there's no real human poo yet..

They deftly tried to sidestep the whole paradox/butterfly effect scenario with a couple of sentences...I won't say anymore so as not to spoil it.

Hal-9000
09-27-2011, 11:21 PM
There was another series on TV that almost answered the paradox...

I do believe in the butterfly effect btw, actions in one part of the world indirectly affect others...

but for the time travel grandfather paradox they explained it saying - Once a timeline occurs, the events are committed in stone.If you have 100 people go back to the late 60's and kill fans at Woodstock, the only timeline that gets changed is their own...ours still exists because we never traveled back.

You'd have to have every living person the planet travel back in time at once, to affect timelines...because then we'd all be living in the new, parallel timeline.

:thumbsup:

Pony
09-28-2011, 11:06 AM

I do believe in the butterfly effect btw, actions in one part of the world indirectly affect others...

but for the time travel grandfather paradox they explained it saying - Once a timeline occurs, the events are committed in stone.If you have 100 people go back to the late 60's and kill fans at Woodstock, the only timeline that gets changed is their own...ours still exists because we never traveled back.

You'd have to have every living person the planet travel back in time at once, to affect timelines...because then we'd all be living in the new, parallel timeline.

You just explained it more precisely than they did in the pilot. You should apply to be a writer on the show!

Teh One Who Knocks
09-28-2011, 11:08 AM

You just explained it more precisely than they did in the pilot. You should apply to be a writer on the show!

I don't buy it....who says that time is set in stone? :hand:

Shady
09-28-2011, 05:39 PM
For messing with the timeline please refer to Back To The Future Part 2.

And just cause you go back in time and mess with things doesn't mean that the era that you are from has been changed. Multiverse theory allows for an infinite number of universes and therefore the timeline can never be changed. If a change is made, it'll just split off into a new universe.

Shady
09-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Yeah, there definitely should have been a lot more carnage during that whole thing. My guess? They don't want to make it too scary or violent because they want the family demographic to keep watching this.

This is the kind of show that should be on a network like HBO or Cinemax or something.

DemonGeminiX
09-28-2011, 06:49 PM
If there was a lot of carnage, all the people would get eaten. There wouldn't be a show.

Shady
09-28-2011, 09:32 PM
If they are on their 10th pilgrimage I'm sure there have been plenty of people eaten/killed.

Pony
09-28-2011, 10:24 PM
If there was a lot of carnage, all the people would get eaten. There wouldn't be a show.

They can just keep sending more through the time crack thingy. "yea, up the count to 150 this time, we need a couple dozen for bait."

Shady
09-29-2011, 01:17 AM
Send a few inmates back. Keep them in holding cells facing the outside and then when danger come release the bastards. :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
09-29-2011, 01:28 AM
I'm still curious as to how they are able to communicate through the time rift :-k

Tank
10-02-2011, 05:55 PM
this launches over here this week, i've series linked it on my planner so hope its not jurassic park the tv show :-k

Pony
10-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Damn, I'm trying to remember the reference that was made that annoyed me.....

Teh One Who Knocks
10-04-2011, 10:49 PM
When? In last night's episode?

Pony
10-04-2011, 10:54 PM
Yea, it was something that would apply to us here in 2011 but I thought to myself * You're telling me in 140 years we haven't improved that?* I think it was a comment about the environment or something.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-04-2011, 10:56 PM
Ohhhhhhh....I think I know what you are talking about, I caught something mentioned and thought the same thing, but now I can't remember it either :doh:

Pony
10-04-2011, 11:02 PM
Dammit! :mrgreen: Now I'm gonna have to watch it again just to see what the hell it was.

I'm still gonna give the show a few more episodes though, although it annoys me it's got potential. Not too fond of the writing yet and I really think they need to bump up the violence a bit, shoot some birds FFS! And the whole storyline about the scientist dude trying to steal his wife...... It's only the second episode, already resorting to that soap opera crap?

Teh One Who Knocks
10-04-2011, 11:07 PM
Yeah, I'll probably stick around for the full first season...gonna be 12 episodes and FOX has committed to run all 12. They have said they won't pick up this season for a 'full 23 episodes' though, so whether it gets renewed or not will probably be based on the ratings for the full season.

Yeah, the lack of violence is disappointing to say the least. They are in prehistoric times and we see nothing. We didn't even get a clear view of the 3 soldiers that were killed at the beginning of the episodes. Which brings up a minor annoyance about the episodes. How did just a handful of those birds kill 3 armed soldiers, yet hundreds if not thousands of birds attacked the open market with dozens and dozens of people in it, but nobody got seriously hurt? :suspect:

Pony
10-04-2011, 11:18 PM
Which brings up a minor annoyance about the episodes. How did just a handful of those birds kill 3 armed soldiers, yet hundreds if not thousands of birds attacked the open market with dozens and dozens of people in it, but nobody got seriously hurt? :suspect:

Killed three armed soldiers without them killing a single bird.....

BTW lets put soldiers on every rooftop for the oncoming invasion to do absolutely nothing with their "sonic cannons". I don't recall a single shot being fired. Apparently retrieving a mated pair was a piece of cake though.

Hey there's layers of millions of eggshells, lets build our settlement here. :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-04-2011, 11:28 PM
But the eggshells are 10 feet down, so I'm sure whatever laid them has long since gone :)

Teh One Who Knocks
10-04-2011, 11:28 PM
Saw this on a website that did an episode recap...made me laff :lol:

So the Terra Nova medical staff come up with a Star Trek: The Next Generation-style solution to the bird aggression, which is where the writers solve a crisis by constructing a sentence like this: "Well if we tech the tech the tech, and then tech the tech, the tech just might tech-tech and our problem will be fixed!" In this case, the tech involves bird pheromones, which the scientists have to replicate by playing with a virtual holographic thingy where they move molecules around, a scene during which this line is said: "Damn these pheromone modules are unstable!"

Pony
10-04-2011, 11:35 PM
:rofl:

Yea, the writers definitely aren't too experienced with sci-fi. :rolleyes:

Loser
10-05-2011, 01:11 AM
Screw you guys, I like it :(

I mean...it has "potential" I guess.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-05-2011, 01:15 AM
Screw you guys, I like it :(

I mean...it has "potential" I guess.

I'm not saying it's bad...I even said I'll watch the whole first season :slap:

It just has some issues that they really need to take care of

Loser
10-05-2011, 01:33 AM
I'm not saying it's bad...I even said I'll watch the whole first season :slap:

It just has some issues that they really need to take care of

All shows have issues. If I sat around and nit picked every csi, ncis, etc... I could write ten novels :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-05-2011, 01:41 AM
It's a show with killer dinosaurs and there's more gore in an episode of Captain Kangaroo than there is on Terra Nova :nono:

Hal-9000
10-05-2011, 01:46 AM
Dinosaurs could have been docile, friendly creatures.No one was around back then so they could have been a fuzzy wuzzy cutesy race that loved to snuggle :)

Teh One Who Knocks
10-05-2011, 01:50 AM
:suspect:

Hal-9000
10-05-2011, 01:52 AM
*Discovery narrator voice*

..and T-Rex was the Gandhi of the dinosaur population, often breaking up squabbles and hugging the smaller dinosaurs until they fell asleep :)

Teh One Who Knocks
10-05-2011, 01:56 AM
*Discovery narrator voice*

..and T-Rex was the Gandhi of the dinosaur population, often breaking up squabbles and hugging the smaller dinosaurs until they fell asleep :)

:beatdown:

Hal-9000
10-05-2011, 01:57 AM
I'll stop...I'm making myself throw up a little now..

That's what I loved about the first Jurassic Park...Goldblum in the back of that jeep quietly encouraging the guy to drive a little faster :lol:
because the T-rex was bearing down on them

Teh One Who Knocks
10-05-2011, 02:01 AM

Hal-9000
10-05-2011, 02:03 AM
One of my favorite movie scenes took place in that sequence....guy glances in the side mirror of the jeep for an instant and it says - objects may be closer than they appear... and he sees the T-rex roar when it's chasing them :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-05-2011, 02:05 AM
I should download those again, I haven't seen them in forever

Hal-9000
10-05-2011, 02:19 AM
People can say what they want about the Jurassic Park movies....on the surface they were all sweet and about family values, underneath they were fierce :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
10-05-2011, 02:20 AM
I could only find HDTV copies of those movies....complete with cuts where the guy edited commercials :|

Teh One Who Knocks
10-05-2011, 02:24 AM
Poop :(

Hal-9000
10-05-2011, 02:28 AM
Was a couple of years back...let me scope it out tomorrow night and I'll let you know :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-05-2011, 02:29 AM
Was a couple of years back...let me scope it out tomorrow night and I'll let you know :thumbsup:

I just checked my normal leeching place...nada in mHD :sad2:

Hal-9000
10-05-2011, 02:33 AM
Isn't that a pisser how some movies can't be found?

ffs it's been out on bluray I'm sure for a couple of years now...or maybe not?

Teh One Who Knocks
10-05-2011, 02:35 AM
http://deepdiscount.com/bluray/Jurassic-Park-Ultimate-Trilogy-025192089961

Yup, it's available

Hal-9000
10-05-2011, 02:37 AM
bluray Oct 25th....this place I'm at now says m-720P but I can't see the links..

brb

Hal-9000
10-05-2011, 02:37 AM

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/3799/jurassicparktrilogy.html

Loser
10-05-2011, 02:38 AM
Gimme a sec I'll see what I can turn up.

Teh One Who Knocks
Oops, didn't see the release date...odd that it's not been on blu-ray before now :wha:

Hal-9000
guy titles it 720P and it's the TV version...grrrrrr

Teh One Who Knocks
10-05-2011, 02:39 AM
Gimme a sec I'll see what I can turn up.

There's nothing to turn up, it's never been on blu-ray before :P

Loser
10-05-2011, 02:39 AM
jurassic park?

doesn't mean there isn't a hd version of it

Hal-9000
10-05-2011, 02:40 AM
I can get a 1080p copy of The Smurfs

:coat:

Hal-9000
10-05-2011, 02:41 AM
jurassic park?

doesn't mean there isn't a hd version of it

Most are mislabeled as 720P or 1080P and they end up being the same hdtv copies I have....not very good but marginally better than a scratched DVD copy :lol:

Loser
10-05-2011, 02:42 AM
I've turned up 720p versions of JP 2 and 3 if you want to check it out.

Hal-9000
10-05-2011, 02:44 AM

How can they be if the source material hasn't even hit the pre-shelves yet?

Teh One Who Knocks
10-05-2011, 02:47 AM

How can they be if the source material hasn't even hit the pre-shelves yet?

They're probably HDTV copies I would assume

Hal-9000
10-05-2011, 02:53 AM
Yeah I found about 10 threads at my place with misleading titles...

Teh One Who Knocks
11-09-2011, 12:03 AM
ANyone else still sticking with this? I think that it has been steadily getting better as it goes along :-k

Last couple of weeks have been pretty good episodes

Muddy
11-09-2011, 12:13 AM
Ok is this good? Dennis Miller rags on it daily...

Hal-9000
11-09-2011, 01:51 AM
I've bailed 2 weeks ago :lol:

It's not horrible, just not up to MY standards

Teh One Who Knocks
11-09-2011, 02:04 AM
:facepalm:

Hal-9000
11-09-2011, 02:13 AM
On paper, this show would be part of my top 5.It has all of the elements I like.

It just isn't grabbing me for some reason.I may be spoiled after watching shows like Dexter and Breaking Bad....even the bad episodes in those shows are pretty interesting and well written.

Muddy
11-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Why did they go so far back in time? Why not just go back 100 years?

Hal-9000
11-09-2011, 04:46 PM
That's part of the mystery I guess, haven't been able to figure out why either

Teh One Who Knocks
11-09-2011, 05:12 PM
Why did they go so far back in time? Why not just go back 100 years?

That's part of the mystery I guess, haven't been able to figure out why either

Supposedly they found the rift in time, they didn't generate it. It only goes back to that particular time in the past, not multiple different times and they have no control over it.

Muddy
11-09-2011, 05:18 PM
100 million years gives them plenty of time to really fuck the Earth up proper this time...

Hal-9000
11-09-2011, 05:53 PM
If they only went back a couple of hundred years, the writers would have to deal with real historical events and that's like work

Pony
11-10-2011, 11:52 PM
ANyone else still sticking with this? I think that it has been steadily getting better as it goes along :-k

Last couple of weeks have been pretty good episodes

I fell behind. If I get really bored I might grab the ones I missed and get caught up.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-11-2011, 12:04 AM
You're all quitters :hand:

Pony
11-11-2011, 12:20 AM
I've been grabbing American Horror and Homeland the last couple nights, this is next. I'm way behind on my tv list.

Muddy
11-11-2011, 12:45 AM
How about that new shoe 'Grimm'? That looks interesting by the commercials..

Pony
11-11-2011, 02:35 AM
How about that new shoe 'Grimm'? That looks interesting by the commercials..

I've watched the first 2, it's got potential but I'm still undecided.

Hal-9000
11-11-2011, 02:48 AM
never seen that shoe...

Tank
11-18-2011, 09:54 AM
i'm still sticking with it, but finding it sorta slow.

last episode i watched was the Meteor one, found a few issues with the EMP and things it affected, like i was under the impression that things underground wouldnt be knocked out as tehy were sheilded my the earth on top of it! :-k

i'll keep watching untill i get to the point of . . . ok thats just BS :hand: . . . then i'm out

Pony
11-18-2011, 12:00 PM
*still not watching*

Pony
11-28-2011, 11:51 PM
I got so bored over the weekend I'm now caught up.

Teh One Who Knocks
11-28-2011, 11:59 PM
I'm sticking with it until the end, even though it's hokey. Although I will go out on a limb and say that FOX will definitely not be renewing this.

I expected so much better from a Speilberg production :|

Pony
11-29-2011, 12:02 AM
Yea, it's gotten a bit better...barely. I'm just going to watch it when I feel like it. (or get really bored)

Teh One Who Knocks
11-29-2011, 03:13 PM
Last night's episode wasn't too bad at all