PDA

View Full Version : 'You may have oppressed somebody:' Prof to White student who said he left his house that day

Teh One Who Knocks
07-29-2021, 03:15 PM
Sergei Kelley, Michigan Senior Campus Correspondent - Campus Reform

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70iWl3b2y5o

Sam Richards brought two students in front of the 700-student “SOC119: Race and Ethnic Relations” lecture in attempt to discuss privilege and discrimination.

Approaching a section of the lecture, the Pennsylvania State University professor said, "I just take the average white guy in class, whoever it is, it doesn't really matter. "Dude, this guy here. Stand up, bro. What's your name, bro?" The student, Russell, then stood up to face the class.
"Look at Russell, right here, it doesn't matter what he does," the professor continued during the June 30 class. "If I match him up with a black guy in class, or a brown guy... who's just like him, has the same GPA, looks like him, walks like him, talks like him, acts in a similar way...and we send them into the same jobs...Russell has a benefit of having white skin."

For both the black and white student, Richards further elaborated, each has done everything they’re “supposed to do at Penn State” prior to graduation.

This pedagogical style is a feature of Richards' video-recording lectures.

In a March 4 livestream, Richards attempted to convince two White male students that they are oppressors while discussing Coca-Cola’s “be less White” training.

Campus Reform reviewed and verified the March 17 video before it was made private on YouTube.

Richards asks for the student’s thoughts on a slide which read, “To be less white is to be less oppressive, be less arrogant, be less certain, be less defensive, be less ignorant, be more humble, listen, believe, break with party, break with white solidarity.”

“I think, you know, it’s more or less just recognizing the advantages you have in life,” James, a student, responded. “Whatever that may be, and not thinking yourself superior because of that.”

Richards replied, “Awesome answer man.”

The professor then posed to Brian, the other student: “What White people would find that offensive?”

“Conservatives, I guess,” Brain responded.

Richards asked, “What would they find offensive about it?” Out of “canceled” concerns, Brian hesitated.

“White people have been like, ‘we’re oppressors, we’re arrogant, we’re really confident or certain, defensive — and dumb,” Richards replied. “White people are dumb. That’s a message: White people are dumb. That is a key message right there.”

Richards then asked Brian: “Who have you oppressed today?”

“I haven’t oppressed anyone today,” said Brian.

“You’re breathing. Have you left your house today?,” replied Richards.

“Yes,” Brian said.

“Okay, so you may have oppressed somebody,” Richards finished.

Richard’s unorthodox and controversial teaching style on race relations led to a Penn State public broadcasting channel, “You Can’t Say That.” Examples pulled from class include students discussing if they would accept another’s sperm from a sperm bank, white womens’ lack of attraction to Asian men due to “white supremacy,” and asking a white student to “point out the darkest skin person.”

Penn State defended Richards’ June 30 class, telling Fox News, “Professor Richards purposefully teaches in a manner designed to promote discussion across a spectrum of opinions. His class is a popular elective, in which each semester hundreds (~800) of students join, bringing their varied perspectives."

Campus Reform has reached out for comment; this article will be updated accordingly.

The Monk
07-30-2021, 04:32 AM
I'm happy with my skin benefit too.. :shrug:

deebakes
07-31-2021, 02:21 PM
:suicide2:

RBP
07-31-2021, 02:50 PM
It's out of control. seriously.

Griffin
07-31-2021, 03:04 PM
It's just going to keep getting worse as long as those currently inhabiting the capitol are ruining the country.

deebakes
07-31-2021, 03:06 PM
from my impression, it feels like it has been circling the drain for years at this point

RBP
07-31-2021, 04:32 PM
I'm halfway through, but he may be right.

https://i.imgur.com/bcvfkIf.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
07-31-2021, 05:31 PM
It's out of control. seriously.Well at least you're home and not out oppressing people :thumbsup:

RBP
07-31-2021, 06:46 PM
Well at least you're home and not out oppressing people :thumbsup:

My existence is oppressive.

Teh One Who Knocks
07-31-2021, 06:52 PM
My existence is oppressive.https://i.imgur.com/LyEbVnlh.jpg

Griffin
07-31-2021, 08:06 PM
White Proportionate; Just kiddin, I don't give a fuck.

lost in melb.
08-01-2021, 03:52 PM

I would be fascinated to understand what's going on in the brains of these guys/gals at a psychological level.

Now it can't be denied that there is a rich poor divide that has been getting wider, slowly but surely. It will need to be addressed at some stage. However the poor haven't really been getting poorer and still, even with warts and all you can pretty much achieve whatever you want to achieve in the United States without too much impediment - despite an imperfect system.

So how on earth do these guys expect to get recruits? It's not like people are starving. In fact if you put your mind to it you can sit on your ass and grow fat into old age without the need for radical anything...

lost in melb.
08-01-2021, 03:55 PM
https://twitter.com/MythinformedMKE/status/1414630823840604162

It's the Professor incorrect?

RBP
08-01-2021, 06:31 PM
https://twitter.com/MythinformedMKE/status/1414630823840604162

It's the Professor incorrect?

Yes. The same person will tell you Russell has the benefit of having a cock. That's not automatically correct either.

lost in melb.
08-02-2021, 06:51 AM
Yes. The same person will tell you Russell has the benefit of having a cock. That's not automatically correct either.

Just checking. I don't know what the employment stats are for university graduates Black vs White ;)

lost in melb.
08-02-2021, 06:51 AM

Perhaps cultural marxism is simply the younger generations way of getting attention :lol:

RBP
08-02-2021, 11:35 PM
Just checking. I don't know what the employment stats are for university graduates Black vs White ;)

Neither does that professor, nor does he give a fuck.

RBP
08-02-2021, 11:41 PM
Perhaps cultural marxism is simply the younger generations way of getting attention :lol:

I have been trying to piece it together for years, and haven't understood why the formerly natural ebb and flow of the US political spectrum didn't seem to apply any longer. I was assuming technology played a role. Levin offers the best explanation I have heard, but I am still not convinced he's correct that it's a concerted effort. Just as possible to be trendy and, to your point, a generation who has had no real hardship, been coddled, and is bored as fuck. (me speaking as follows) When the local institutions give way to a global collective mentality, the meaning and purpose of communities is lost. So they gravitate back to the collective, but it's the internet collective. They perhaps are seeking meaning from the collective, when they voluntarily gave up the same by decimating local tradition.

Griffin
08-03-2021, 01:39 AM
Everything that has happened the last 2 years has been a concerted effort toward the great reset and a one world government, actually much further back than that but they have thrown out all blocks in the last two.

RBP
08-03-2021, 02:30 AM
Everything that has happened the last 2 years has been a concerted effort toward the great reset and a one world government, actually much further back than that but they have thrown out all blocks in the last two.

you need to read (or listen to) Levin's book.