PDA

View Full Version : Fauci suggests people have no 'choice' regarding masks, sounds new alarm

Teh One Who Knocks
08-02-2021, 10:35 AM
By Peter Aitken | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/2kSK63Hl.jpg

White House Chief Health Advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci has rejected the idea that face masks are a "personal choice" in the face of the increasingly severe delta variant of the coronavirus.

The United States on Thursday recorded almost 80,000 new COVID-19 cases – well below the January peak of nearly 300,000 new daily cases, but a stark rise from a month ago when daily cases were under 10,000.

While the number of those cases driven by the more transmissible delta variant is not clear, the CDC advised in early July that the variant was likely the dominant strain in the U.S. The CDC once again advised masks whenever individuals are inside shared spaces, but many people have resisted the call to wear masks, saying they have a right to choose whether to wear one.

"I respectfully disagree with them," Fauci said on ABC’s "This Week." "There are things that are individual responsibilities that one has, and there are things that have to do with you individually which also impact others, and the spread of infection that we’re seeing now … is impacting everyone in the country."

"Although you want to respect a person’s individual right, when you’re dealing with a public health situation, and we are in fact in a very serious public health challenge here … a person’s individual decision to not wear a mask not only impacts them … but you very well may infect another person who may be vulnerable," he added.

Health officials have maintained that the best way to fully remove the country from the pandemic – and, by default, end any mask mandate – is to continue pushing to vaccinate the nation’s population.

The White House on Friday touted a massive push that has seen the number of new vaccinations administered slowly rise over the past two weeks.

While the hospitalization rate has surged in the two weeks as well, with Florida alone recording 3,849 hospitalizations on July 17 and 21,683 new cases on Friday. Nationally, almost all hospitalizations – around 97% – have been of unvaccinated individuals.

Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has resisted mandatory mask mandates and vaccine requirements and on Friday he barred school districts from requiring students to wear masks when classes resume next month.

"From the standpoint of illness, hospitalization and suffering death, the unvaccinated are the much more vulnerable because the vaccinated are protected against serious illness for the most part," Fauci explained. "But when you look at the country as a whole, the unvaccinated by not being vaccinated are allowing the propagation and spread of the outbreak, which ultimately impacts everyone."

lost in melb.
08-02-2021, 11:38 AM
"Although you want to respect a person’s individual right, when you’re dealing with a public health situation, and we are in fact in a very serious public health challenge here … a person’s individual decision to not wear a mask not only impacts them … but you very well may infect another person who may be vulnerable," he added.

At least there is logic to his thinking.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-02-2021, 11:43 AM

Not my problem.

lost in melb.
08-02-2021, 11:46 AM
Not my problem.

For now it's not your problem. But if you have to go into stores and restaurants and put on your mask because your fellow countrymen refuse to vaccinate you might not feel the same way :razz:

:popcorn:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-02-2021, 11:52 AM
For now it's not your problem. But if you have to go into stores and restaurants and put on your mask because your fellow countrymen refuse to vaccinate you might not feel the same way :razz:

I was at the store yesterday. Walmart has a new sign on the door stating that they are following CDC guidelines and recommending everyone where a mask. I ignored it, as I will do with each and every such sign no matter where they are located.

lost in melb.
08-02-2021, 11:55 AM
I was at the store yesterday. Walmart has a new sign on the door stating that they are following CDC guidelines and recommending everyone where a mask. I ignored it, as I will do with each and every such sign no matter where they are located.

Ok...

:backaway:

KevinD
08-02-2021, 12:36 PM

Individual rights do Trump "the greater good". Its in the f-ing constitution.

lost in melb.
08-02-2021, 12:41 PM

What's the capitalisation of trump deliberate or a Freudian slip? :razz:

lost in melb.
08-02-2021, 12:42 PM

But in practice do they really? Can you please explain how that works with mandatory seat belt wearing.

Griffin
08-02-2021, 01:20 PM
Hysteria is essential in maintaining the plannedemic. It's been slipping through their grasp for months and they will do or say anything to regain their choke hold.

KevinD
08-02-2021, 02:47 PM
What's the capitalisation of trump deliberate or a Freudian slip? :razz:

That would have been android autocorrect, but funny nonetheless. Lol

KevinD
08-02-2021, 02:57 PM
But in practice do they really? Can you please explain how that works with mandatory seat belt wearing.

Seatbelt laws (in the US at least) were enabled by the Federal government strong arming the state governments. That same way they did the 55mph speed limits back then. I disagreed then, and still do that these are NOT part of the Federal purview. See below:

. Amendment X

(ratified December 15, 1791)

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Furthermore, this is why I rail against those who insist the US is a democracy:

Section. 4.

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

lost in melb.
08-02-2021, 04:48 PM
Seatbelt laws (in the US at least) were enabled by the Federal government strong arming the state governments. That same way they did the 55mph speed limits back then. I disagreed then, and still do that these are NOT part of the Federal purview. See below:

Furthermore, this is why I rail against those who insist the US is a democracy:

Interesting take. I would guess the federal government thinks of itself as the glue holding all these states together that would fly apart otherwise.

We simply don't take our constitution as seriously as you take yours. I'm not judging I'm just saying it's a fact.

DemonGeminiX
08-02-2021, 04:56 PM
Interesting take. I would guess the federal government thinks of itself as the glue holding all these states together that would fly apart otherwise.

We simply don't take our constitution as seriously as you take yours. I'm not judging I'm just saying it's a fact.

A house built on weak foundations cannot stand. I haven't read your country's constitution and I have no idea what it says, but maybe you should rethink taking it seriously. The people who wrote it had a reason for doing so.

Muddy
08-02-2021, 07:14 PM
If someone is "vulnerable" why cant they wear a mask? Protect yourself and quit worrying about what I do..!

Teh One Who Knocks
08-02-2021, 07:20 PM
If someone is "vulnerable" why cant they wear a mask? Protect yourself and quit worrying about what I do..!

:qft:

KevinD
08-02-2021, 07:46 PM

Because the masks don't actually work, and they f-ing know it, hahaha

Muddy
08-02-2021, 08:06 PM
Because the masks don't actually work, and they f-ing know it, hahaha

Then why is anyone even wearing one at all?

PorkChopSandwiches
08-02-2021, 08:33 PM

:idk:

Griffin
08-02-2021, 08:57 PM

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8f/2d/4d/8f2d4d29e9a7450c00381e54c1150f0e.jpg