PDA

View Full Version : Homeowner charged with arson after claiming God told him to set home on fire

Teh One Who Knocks
08-05-2021, 10:52 AM
By Lauren Artino, Jennifer Edwards Baker, and Jared Goffinet - FOX 19 Now

https://i.imgur.com/vodWufAl.jpg

BOONE COUNTY, Ky. (WXIX) - The owner of a home that caught fire early Tuesday is now charged with arson, a news release from the Boone County Sheriff’s Office said.

Firefighters were called to the house in the 2100 block of North Bend Road around 3:15 am.

Officials with the sheriff’s office say Charles Mullins, 65, admitted to starting the fire by turning on the stove’s gas burners and then pouring gasoline around the house.

The news release says the homeowner then lit a piece of paper on fire and dropped it on the gas.

Mullins said God told him to start the fire and then leave Kentucky, according to the sheriff’s office.

No injuries were reported.

Mullins is being held in the Boone County Detention Center on a $25,000 bond.

lost in melb.
08-07-2021, 11:29 AM
Are you not allowed to burn your own house down :?

Pony
08-07-2021, 02:05 PM
Are you not allowed to burn your own house down :?

:-k

Got me thinking. Technically if it's fully paid off and you're not collecting insurance money.....

....but there is the whole danger to the neighborhood, possible wildfire, gas explosion. I guess it depends on the legal definition of arson.

lost in melb.
08-07-2021, 02:32 PM
:-k

Got me thinking. Technically if it's fully paid off and you're not collecting insurance money.....

....but there is the whole danger to the neighborhood, possible wildfire, gas explosion. I guess it depends on the legal definition of arson.

I don't see a divine clause in there :-k

Pony
08-07-2021, 06:00 PM
I don't see a divine clause in there :-k

"Act of God"? What's the difference if he struck the house with lightning or guided this poor souls hand?

PorkChopSandwiches
08-11-2021, 03:36 PM
"Act of God"? What's the difference if he struck the house with lightning or guided this poor souls hand?

exactly