View Full Version : Reporter Compares Shooting An AR-15 To A ‘Meteor’ Striking The Earth

Teh One Who Knocks
08-06-2021, 01:17 PM
DAVID HOOKSTEAD, SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT EDITOR - The Daily Caller

https://i.imgur.com/Fi6mdsJ.jpg

Kevin McCallum isn’t a big fan of AR-15s.

McCallum recently wrote about his experience at a Vermont gun shop for SevenDaysVT.com, and he had an all-time comparison when talking about shooting the most popular rifle in America. (RELATED: David Hookstead Is The True King In The North When It Comes To College Football)

He wrote the following in part about his experience letting it rip with an AR-15 at a range in Waterbury owned by Henry Parro:

When ready, I lined up the target in the cross hairs, pulled the stock onto my shoulder, squeezed the trigger and — BA-BOOM!!!!!

It is difficult to describe the impact — physical and personal — of that first shot. It felt like a meteor had struck the earth in front of me. A deep shock wave coursed through my body, the recoil rippling through my arms and right shoulder with astounding power. Being that close to an explosion of such magnitude — controlled and focused as it was — rattled me.

I honestly didn’t think was real when I saw it blowing up on Twitter. I thought there was no way in hell a grown man compared shooting a rifle chambered in .223/5.56 to a meteor hitting the earth.

Yet, it’s 100% real as wild as that sounds.
This isn’t as bad as when a guy went on CNN and appeared to fire an AR-15 with his eyes closed while leaning backwards, but it’s not too far behind.
I know young kids raised shooting AR-15s where I grew up. It’s a round used to kill coyotes. It’s not a nuclear weapon and it’s nothing like a meteor.

The recoil is so light that you could hold the rifle against your nose. How do I know that? It’s happened before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpkBvwiCZU4

It is painful listening to people who know nothing about guns try to talk about them, and it’s why so many pro-gun individuals just tune individuals like McCallum out as soon as they start talking. While I’m sure McCallum is a nice guy and we’d find plenty of topics to discuss over cold beers, firearms wouldn’t be one of them.

If you’re so scared of an AR-15 that you think the recoil and firing process is similar to a meteor, then guns just aren’t for you.

https://i.imgur.com/VW5onyP.gif

It’s okay. You can find a different hobby. Maybe chess is your thing because AR-15s are clearly too scary!

Muddy
08-06-2021, 01:24 PM
Of course he did.. :lol:

Muddy
08-06-2021, 01:30 PM
I know this is common knowledge but...

Despite what anti-gun pundits might tell you, AR (as in AR 15, 10, etc.) does not stand for “assault rifle” or “automatic rifle.” Instead, AR stands for ArmaLite Rifle.

ArmaLite is a company that originally designed their style of rifle platform in the 1950s. This platform type is where the AR 15 originated, and the 10s eventually evolved, as well. They had progenitor rifles, like the AR 5, which is a .22 caliber survival rifle and used by the U.S. Air Force.

Generally speaking, most gun users and firearm enthusiasts agree that assault rifles are those that allow you to switch between automatic and semi-automatic modes of fire. (which we do not have access to)

Griffin
08-06-2021, 01:43 PM
"assault rifle" Is when I don't want to waste my bullets and bash some nutsack with the butt of the gun instead.

Pony
08-06-2021, 02:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttMuvmspa8o

PorkChopSandwiches
08-06-2021, 03:48 PM
Idiot

KevinD
08-06-2021, 04:04 PM
The cat in the gif of the OP played Jac Ryan too. Whats the gif from? I knew I recognized his Goofy mug on Ryan, but couldn't figure out what else I'd seen him in.

As for the "reporrer"
Dipshit. Try shoot any of the real guns. My first weapon ever fired i was maybe 6. It was an 8 gauge shotgun. Knocked me (and my uncle) on our asses.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-06-2021, 04:10 PM
The cat in the gif of the OP played Jac Ryan too. Whats the gif from? I knew I recognized his Goofy mug on Ryan, but couldn't figure out what else I'd seen him in.

As for the "reporrer"
Dipshit. Try shoot any of the real guns. My first weapon ever fired i was maybe 6. It was an 8 gauge shotgun. Knocked me (and my uncle) on our asses.

First one I ever shot when I was about 7 or 8 (give or take) was a .270 that kicked like a fucking mule. Everyone had a good laugh at my expense. :lol:

Pony
08-06-2021, 04:18 PM
I think they should have given him a "dressed up" 10-22 and told him it was an AR15. Then when he wrote the exact same article he looks more of a fool.

Griffin
08-06-2021, 05:03 PM
The cat in the gif of the OP played Jac Ryan too. Whats the gif from?

I believe it is from when he was in The Office

DemonGeminiX
08-06-2021, 07:50 PM
My AR-15 is comfortable.
My AR-10 has a slight kick.
My 12 gauge kicks, but nothing close to the kick of a 50 cal. rifle.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-06-2021, 09:46 PM
In response to the author's story :lol:

Hugh_Janus
08-06-2021, 09:53 PM
I know this is common knowledge but...

Despite what anti-gun pundits might tell you, AR (as in AR 15, 10, etc.) does not stand for “assault rifle” or “automatic rifle.” Instead, AR stands for ArmaLite Rifle.

ArmaLite is a company that originally designed their style of rifle platform in the 1950s. This platform type is where the AR 15 originated, and the 10s eventually evolved, as well. They had progenitor rifles, like the AR 5, which is a .22 caliber survival rifle and used by the U.S. Air Force.

Generally speaking, most gun users and firearm enthusiasts agree that assault rifles are those that allow you to switch between automatic and semi-automatic modes of fire. (which we do not have access to)
til

also, this guy sounds like a pussyo

deebakes
08-07-2021, 08:23 PM
how many meteors has this guy been around?