PDA

View Full Version : Infrastructure Bill passes Senate

lost in melb.
08-11-2021, 02:48 AM
The Infrastructure Bill has passed out of the Senate 69-30 with19 Republicans voting for the bill with all 50 Democrats voting for it.

Congratulations on getting this through!

DemonGeminiX
08-11-2021, 03:33 AM
Here are the 19 Republicans who voted in favor of the bill:

Roy Blunt, Missouri
Richard Burr, North Carolina
Shelley Moore Capito, West Virginia
Bill Cassidy, Louisiana
Susan Collins, Maine
Kevin Cramer, North Dakota
Mike Crapo, Idaho
Deb Fischer, Nebraska
Lindsey Graham, South Carolina
Chuck Grassley, Iowa
John Hoeven, North Dakota
Mitch McConnell, Kentucky
Lisa Murkowski, Alaska
Rob Portman, Ohio
James Risch, Idaho
Mitt Romney, Utah
Dan Sullivan, Alaska
Thom Tillis, North Carolina
Roger Wicker, Mississippi

Make sure if you live in one of these states, that these fucking traitors never see another term in office again.

lost in melb.
08-11-2021, 03:48 AM
Building bridges: Why bipartisan infrastructure deal is a win for America's moderates

Only by maintaining the fiction that the other side is more extreme than they really are can the far right and the far left stoke fear and anger.

KEITH ALLRED | OPINION CONTRIBUTOR | 9:39 am EDT August 9, 2021

The new infrastructure deal has passed the Senate, with billions in new spending on roads, bridges, rail, broadband and electric vehicles.
STAFF VIDEO, USA TODAY
The hard-won bipartisan infrastructure deal reflects a fundamental, often obscured truth about American politics. Although the evidence confirms that congressional polarization is at record highs, everyday Republicans and Democrats still agree on many issues.

We do not hear more about our common ground because it does not suit the extremes’ interests. Only by maintaining the fiction that the other side is more extreme than they really are can the far right and the far left stoke sufficient fear and anger to maintain their outsized dominance.

As Congress considers the package that Sens. Rob Portman, R-Ohio, and Kyrsten Sinema, D-Ariz., negotiated with President Joe Biden, the far left and the far right are trying to defeat it following their usual game plan.

At the National Institute for Civil Discourse, we are putting their claims to a rigorous test. So far, more than 1,200 of the over 30,000 members of NICD’s CommonSense American program have spent 90 minutes reviewing our thorough brief on the major infrastructure proposals. With 24% Democrats, 24% Republicans and 46% independents, our membership reflects the country. The brief they review makes the strongest case for and against each proposal.

Americans want bipartisan bill to pass
Our results indicate that the extremes are wrong about where the American people are. After reviewing the brief, more than two-thirds (67%) support the bipartisan infrastructure deal. Rather than seeing it as an unholy compromise, our members see the bipartisan work as an improvement on both Biden’s American Jobs Plan, which receives 54% support, and Senate Republicans’ plan, which receives 31% support.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5509577001

DemonGeminiX
08-11-2021, 05:20 AM
WASHINGTON – Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.) released the following statement upon voting against the Senate’s $1.2 trillion infrastructure spending binge and tax increase:

“The infrastructure bill will cost taxpayers $1.2 trillion**, $550 billion in new spending. The bill is 2,700 pages—twice as long as the Bible. We were given only a few days to read it.

“This is not an infrastructure bill. It’s an infrastructure, Green New Deal and welfare bill. Only 23 percent of the new spending in the bill is for actual infrastructure.

“We were told the bill would be paid for. That’s not accurate. It would increase America’s deficit by at least $256 billion. That’s more than the entire GDP of Louisiana.

“We were told the bill does not raise taxes. That’s not accurate. It raises taxes on Louisiana industry specifically.

“It has been represented that Louisiana will receive $6 billion in new money for infrastructure. That’s not accurate. We would have received more than $4.8 billion anyway from the Federal Highway Trust Fund even if the infrastructure bill had not passed. Louisiana will only receive $1.1 billion in new money over 10 years, or about $110 million a year. That is less than 10 percent of the $12 billion that Sen. Schumer will get for a single tunnel in New York.

“Louisiana’s money is in effect coming from new taxes on Louisiana businesses. Louisiana petrochemical manufacturers will pay an estimated $1.3 billion in new taxes over 10 years, or $130 million a year—second only to Texas.

“So, Louisiana will receive $110 million a year in new road money and pay for it with roughly $130 million in new taxes that impact more than 100,000 chemical jobs. Louisiana is losing money on this deal.

“The infrastructure bill and the second bill right behind it—the $5.5 trillion tax-and-spending binge—are joined at the hip. President Biden, Sen. Schumer and Speaker Pelosi have all said we won’t have one without the other. The proponents of the infrastructure bill say it makes it harder to pass the tax-and-spending binge, so why is every Democrat in the Senate voting for the infrastructure bill?

“I also voted against the infrastructure bill because it provides no disaster aid for southwest Louisiana.

“Additionally, this bill is an inflation bomb. I don’t usually brag about the expensive places I go, but I just came back from the gas station. This bill is going to make prices worse.

“This bill shortchanges Louisiana and America. I support infrastructure, but not ‘at any cost.’ I support infrastructure, but not ‘no matter what.’ This is not really an infrastructure bill. It contains new taxes, and we will still have to borrow money to pay for the bill. It severely deepens the debt that we’re leaving for Louisiana’s children and grandchildren.

“The proponents of the infrastructure bill say that it shows that Washington works. It does not. It just shows that Washington can spend money that it doesn’t have.”

-----------------

Look, if you need 2700 pages to fix roads and bridges in the US, then you're doing something seriously wrong.

lost in melb.
08-11-2021, 05:37 AM
The economy is on track, growth is on track and unemployment is falling.

Even Republicans can't afford to watch the train go by. In the end patriotism wins.

DemonGeminiX
08-11-2021, 05:44 AM
The economy is on track, growth is on track and unemployment is falling.

Even Republicans can't afford to watch the train go by. In the end patriotism wins.

Bullshit. Bullshit. Bullshit.

DemonGeminiX
08-11-2021, 05:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXo77iLy8M4

Too bad he didn't get every Republican to vote no.

lost in melb.
08-11-2021, 05:50 AM
Bullshit. Bullshit. Bullshit.

Haters gonna hate :dunno:

The Biden administration is the first administration in US history to add jobs every month of its first six months since taking office.

lost in melb.
08-11-2021, 05:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXo77iLy8M4

Too bad he didn't get every Republican to vote no.

:rofl:

In the Faux echo chamber

DemonGeminiX
08-11-2021, 05:58 AM
Haters gonna hate :dunno:

The Biden administration is the first administration in US history to add jobs every month of its first six months since taking office.

Are you nuts? Biden didn't add any jobs. The country's economy opened back up when people thought the Covid threat subsided and they decided to go back to work. That's not job creation. That's just people going back to work because they think it's safe to. Oh, and because they need the money, because you know, life. Those jobs were always there, waiting for the people to go back to them. Biden didn't create them. Not at all.

DemonGeminiX
08-11-2021, 05:59 AM

In the Faux echo chamber

You're starting to piss me off.

lost in melb.
08-11-2021, 06:34 AM
You're starting to piss me off.

You're very easy to piss off.

You know what, I don't actually care. If you wanna be negative, go be negative. There's a whole army of media to serve that psychology :thumbsup:

lost in melb.
08-11-2021, 06:36 AM
Are you nuts? Biden didn't add any jobs. The country's economy opened back up when people thought the Covid threat subsided and they decided to go back to work. That's not job creation. That's just people going back to work because they think it's safe to. Oh, and because they need the money, because you know, life. Those jobs were always there, waiting for the people to go back to them. Biden didn't create them. Not at all.

Nevertheless, those are the numbers. All the Trump tax cut did was pass the buck to the next president. Didn't end up saving any money anyhow...

lost in melb.
08-11-2021, 06:46 AM

In the Faux echo chamber

Ok, I admit I shouldn't have dismissed it like that. I'm just fed up with Fox. I think it's very partisan.

perrhaps
08-11-2021, 09:29 AM
Increasing the deficit by $256 billion is bad, but nothing near the amount it increased in the first three years of Trump's term.

perrhaps
08-11-2021, 10:21 AM
Here are the 19 Republicans who voted in favor of the bill:

Roy Blunt, Missouri
Richard Burr, North Carolina
Shelley Moore Capito, West Virginia
Bill Cassidy, Louisiana
Susan Collins, Maine
Kevin Cramer, North Dakota
Mike Crapo, Idaho
Deb Fischer, Nebraska
Lindsey Graham, South Carolina
Chuck Grassley, Iowa
John Hoeven, North Dakota
Mitch McConnell, Kentucky
Lisa Murkowski, Alaska
Rob Portman, Ohio
James Risch, Idaho
Mitt Romney, Utah
Dan Sullivan, Alaska
Thom Tillis, North Carolina
Roger Wicker, Mississippi

Make sure if you live in one of these states, that these fucking traitors never see another term in office again.

So, is Trump a "traitor" for proposing a n unfunded $1.5 trillion dollar infrastructure bill before he lost reelection?

lost in melb.
08-11-2021, 12:26 PM
Increasing the deficit by $256 billion is bad, but nothing near the amount it increased in the first three years of Trump's term.

So, is Trump a "traitor" for proposing a n unfunded $1.5 trillion dollar infrastructure bill before he lost reelection?

Yes, never mind that Trump himself favoured a massive investment in infrastructure as president, but was unable to make it happen.

Griffin
08-11-2021, 12:41 PM
There is a difference in infrastructure and woke politics.

DemonGeminiX
08-11-2021, 06:02 PM

Are you going to keep pulling that Trump card whenever it suits your narrative? You're mistaking me for a hardcore Trumper. You need to stop.

I'm not for increasing our national debt by anyone, full stop.

Now go crawl back under that rock that you slithered out from, or learn how to be a good member and post elsewhere on this forum instead of just waiting to go into liberal attack mode every time you see an opportunity in this subforum.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-11-2021, 06:06 PM

:rofl: Im not saying you "wrong" but you put everyone out of work, then let them go back to work, thats not really adding jobs

Teh One Who Knocks
08-11-2021, 06:11 PM
:rofl: Im not saying you "wrong" but you put everyone out of work, then let them go back to work, thats not really adding jobs

:qft:

perrhaps
08-11-2021, 08:15 PM
Are you going to keep pulling that Trump card whenever it suits your narrative? You're mistaking me for a hardcore Trumper. You need to stop.

I'm not for increasing our national debt by anyone, full stop.

Now go crawl back under that rock that you slithered out from, or learn how to be a good member and post elsewhere on this forum instead of just waiting to go into liberal attack mode every time you see an opportunity in this subforum.

Is that a "yes" then?

I'm sorry for not taking as gospel your hyperbole. . Last time I checked you're pretty damn quick to go into conservative attack mode whenever someone disagrees with your opinions. Please don't lecture me for pointing out that Trump tried (unsuccessfully) to do the exact same thing that these "traitors" did.

lost in melb.
08-12-2021, 01:25 AM

Let's call it good timing then :nana:

lost in melb.
08-12-2021, 01:29 AM
Is that a "yes" then?

I'm sorry for not taking as gospel your hyperbole. . Last time I checked you're pretty damn quick to go into conservative attack mode whenever someone disagrees with your opinions. Please don't lecture me for pointing out that Trump tried (unsuccessfully) to do the exact same thing that these "traitors" did.

Come on mate. Either you're Trumper or baby-rapist. Choose one [-(

DemonGeminiX
08-12-2021, 01:33 AM
Is that a "yes" then?

Not that I owe you an explanation but, despite entertaining your whole national debt angle, which you introduced into the conversation, that's not why I stated that these Senators were the bad guys. If you read some of the crap in this bill, and where our tax funds are going in the name of Infrastructure, then you'd probably understand why I'm not happy about it, or happy with these supposedly conservative Senators for supporting it. I'm not gonna go line by line for you. It's 2700 pages long. If you really want to know what these Senate idiots have passed, go read it for yourself. Take your time. Read it twice. Make sure you understand it completely.

You're the one that keeps bringing up what Trump did or didn't do, as if it actually makes a damn lick of difference today, especially with respect to this bill. It doesn't. Maybe you should seek help for your Trump addiction. Clearly you're not over him yet. You just keep hanging on and banging that drum. Get over it, dude.

You know what? On second thought, don't get over it. Now that you and the Aussies keep stirring your fingers in that pot, here's what I'm gonna do: if and when Trump runs again in 2024, regardless of who else is running, I'm gonna vote for him, just to piss y'all off. The more you bring him up, the bigger of a fan of his I'm going to become, just because I can. Because I feel like being a dick.

Keep pushing. Please.

perrhaps
08-12-2021, 09:19 AM
You won't be able to vote for the Trumpster, because he's supposed to be "reinstated" within 48 hours, and he's ineligible for a third term, right?

DemonGeminiX
08-12-2021, 06:02 PM
You won't be able to vote for the Trumpster, because he's supposed to be "reinstated" within 48 hours, and he's ineligible for a third term, right?

Yeah, I don't know about all that crap. Here's what I think's gonna happen: Sooner or later, Biden's declining mental state is gonna become so apparent in the media's eyes, that Congress will have no choice but to invoke Section 4 of the 25th Amendment and Harris will become President. She's going to be so unpopular as President that Republicans will take back the Presidency with just about anybody, even a coma patient.

perrhaps
08-13-2021, 09:24 AM
Yeah, I don't know about all that crap. Here's what I think's gonna happen: Sooner or later, Biden's declining mental state is gonna become so apparent in the media's eyes, that Congress will have no choice but to invoke Section 4 of the 25th Amendment and Harris will become President. She's going to be so unpopular as President that Republicans will take back the Presidency with just about anybody, even a coma patient.

While I don't think Biden will be removed, I agree that he won't be running for reelection. If Harris is the Democratic candidate, probably the only potential opponent she could beat is Trump.

PorkChopSandwiches
08-13-2021, 04:30 PM
While I don't think Biden will be removed, I agree that he won't be running for reelection. If Harris is the Democratic candidate, probably the only potential opponent she could beat is Trump.

Doubtful, sounds like he will run again. I see him easily beating her, nobody likes her

DemonGeminiX
08-13-2021, 08:33 PM

She can't beat Trump. She was one of the first nominees to bounce out of the primaries. Like Porky said, no one likes her. I think she's even more unpopular than Hillary is.

Griffin
08-13-2021, 09:50 PM
Well Biden didn't beat Trump either but he's the one sitting in the office.