PDA

View Full Version : Australia lawmaker blasts coronavirus overreactions: ‘We are locking down because someone sneezes’

Teh One Who Knocks
08-13-2021, 10:29 AM
By Fox News Staff | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/qvO9XFIl.jpg

George Christensen, a member of Parliament in Australia, spoke Thursday about what he viewed as coronavirus overreactions in his country during an appearance on Fox News’ "The Ingraham Angle."

GEORGE CHRISTENSEN: We are suffering from what is ‘pandemic policy insanity’ in this country. … The city of Canberra, which I’m currently in -- one single case and the entire 400,000-plus population moved into lockdown, basically stay-in-place orders, businesses shut down that are deemed non-essential.

It’s very interesting, we have government naming which people have essential roles in our society and which don’t.

This is happening across every inch of this country. Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, over in Perth. … We are locking down because someone sneezes, quite frankly. And worse than that, we have state borders that are shutting as well.

I fear that there is too much fear about this virus.

Pony
08-13-2021, 12:39 PM
3/9/2028: While the rest of the world has developed a natural immunity to all strains of Covid, Poverty stricken Australia goes into it's 28364th national lockdown due to a rising case rate (16 cases). When asked about the situation, a severely undernourished resident, the last remaining member of his family due to starvation was quoted as saying "We will do what we must to defeat the virus".

Teh One Who Knocks
08-13-2021, 05:37 PM
3/9/2028: While the rest of the world has developed a natural immunity to all strains of Covid, Poverty stricken Australia goes into it's 28364th national lockdown due to a rising case rate (16 cases). When asked about the situation, a severely undernourished resident, the last remaining member of his family due to starvation was quoted as saying "We will do what we must to defeat the virus".

That would be even funnier if it wasn't probably so close to the truth.

The Monk
08-14-2021, 10:10 AM
George Christensen is a nut job but I'd back our procedures against any other country you care to name. (New South Wales not included.. :lol:)

lost in melb.
08-14-2021, 10:20 AM
That would be even funnier if it wasn't probably so close to the truth.

We've done very well overall.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-14-2021, 05:04 PM
So you guys enjoy living under authoritarian rule, I get it. Personally, I do not. So I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on how our respective populaces respond to government mandates on this new flu.

Which, by the way, is never going to go away so you will end up going thru this year after year after year I guess. :dunno:

lost in melb.
08-15-2021, 02:24 AM
Nonsense. There's no lock down here in South Australia where I am and in WA where Monk is.

They will be no more lockdowns after 70% vaccination rate.

lost in melb.
08-15-2021, 02:26 AM
So you guys enjoy living under authoritarian rule, I get it. Personally, I do not. So I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on how our respective populaces respond to government mandates on this new flu.

Which, by the way, is never going to go away so you will end up going thru this year after year after year I guess. :dunno:

I don't like being mandated what to do more than anyone else. Wearing the masks is a pain.

The Monk
08-15-2021, 03:38 AM
Too many people just don't get it. Lockdowns etc... save lives including ones own. Some get too worked up over the whole thing. I don't want to be able to move about freely if it puts my life at risk and I do not see lock down as authoritarian. Also, should I somehow contract the virus I don't think I could live with myself if I wandered around the community spreading it and possible being responsible for someone else's death. Who would be happy to spread the virus and take on such a responsibility? Put their own loved ones at risk? Only a selfish fool I reckon!!