PDA

View Full Version : Community Peace group member caught beating a man on video in front of a St. Paul Cub Foods

Teh One Who Knocks
08-16-2021, 12:34 PM
Law Enforcement Today

SAINT PAUL, MN – A community peace group is reportedly distancing itself from a member of their nonprofit organization that was caught on camera earlier in August brutally beating a significantly smaller Asian man outside of a grocery store in Saint Paul.
The incident reportedly happened on August 12th outside of the Cub Foods grocery store in the St. Paul’s Payne/Phalen neighborhood.

Video that was captured from the incident does not show the onset of the altercation but picks up where the man adorning a “We Push For Peace” shirt has a 31-year-old man backed into a corner of a wall and is repeatedly striking the victim in his face with a closed fist.

The man who films the altercation tells the aggressor, “That’s not community peace right there, bro.”

After the series punches and stomping on the victim’s head, the man in the “We Push For Peace” shirt hurls the victim and says:

“I don’t give a fuck n*gga, he shouldn’t have put his hands on me, n*gga.”

The aggressor then re-centers his attention on the victim, who is believed to be homeless, and says, “Get yo bitch ass on, go n*gga” and then violently throws the victim to the ground once again.

As the victim is trying to gather up his items after the beating, the man threatens him once again saying “I’m gonna slap the shit out of you again if you don’t go.”

Apparently, Cub Foods has a contract with the nonprofit “We Push For Peace”, where employees are meant to engage in greeting customers, handing out masks and are meant to de-escalate issues so police aren’t called for every issue that arises at a store location.

Cub Foods released a statement regarding the disturbing attack caught on video:

“Cub condemns the violent acts that occurred overnight at our Phalen store. The incident did not involve a Cub employee, but rather an employee of ‘We Push For Peace,’ and we are thankful they took immediate action to remove this individual from their staff. We stand by ‘We Push For Peace,’ its mission, and firmly believe this single incident is not indicative of the overall organization and the positive difference they make in the lives of many in our community.”

Link to the video is here. (https://www.facebook.com/soh1zzle/videos/539042744078391)

As noted in the Cub Foods statement, CEO and founder of We Push For Peace, Trahern Pollard, did confirm that the individual was fired from the nonprofit:

“As soon as I was made aware, myself, as well as four of my managers, went over to address it immediately and terminated the associate.”

Apparently the victim had been caught attempting to shoplift inside of the store, which eventually led to the confrontation that occurred outside of the Cub Foods.

Pollard added regarding the man’s beating that while the victim may have instigated the matter, the former employee took things way too far:

“The little dude swung at him a couple of times and grabbed his hair. When they went outside, the ex-employee of mine hit the little dude to make him let his hair go. When he hit him and the little dude let go, that’s where it went wrong. He should have stopped at that point.”
Saint Paul Police confirmed that they’re investigating the incident, with department spokesperson Sgt. Natalie Davis saying the following:

“The video was very disturbing to watch. We are glad the victim wasn’t seriously injured, and we’re committed to a thorough investigation.”

The identity of the victim or man on the video have not been released by officials as of this writing.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-16-2021, 12:35 PM
Good thing they are replacing the police with these kinds of people :tup:

Goofy
08-16-2021, 12:54 PM
Good thing they are replacing the police with these kinds of people :tup:
At least he wasn't shot :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-16-2021, 12:58 PM
At least he wasn't shot :lol:

:suspect:

Goofy