PDA

View Full Version : Taliban says Afghanistan will be guided by Sharia law, ‘no democratic system at all’

Teh One Who Knocks
08-19-2021, 09:59 AM
By Edmund DeMarche | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/k8OmnvT.jpg

A senior Taliban commander on Wednesday laid out the broad strokes of how Afghanistan will be governed after the stunning fall of Kabul, saying there will be an Islamic government with Sharia law and no democratic system "at all."

Waheedullah Hashimi, the leader, told Reuters that democracy does not have "any base in our country."

"We will not discuss what type of political system should we apply in Afghanistan because it is clear. It is Sharia law and that is it," he said.

The Taliban said that the rights of women in the country will be respected as long as it fits within the "framework of Islamic law." Many observers point out that the Taliban’s statement could have a broad interpretation and are concerned that it means a return to 1996 in the country.

The Taliban have been vague on their assurances to women in the country. The group said that women should work and join the government but did not elaborate on either. The Taliban have allowed girls to return to school, handing out Islamic headscarves at the door. A female news anchor interviewed a Taliban official Monday in a TV studio.

The Taliban has forced women to wear burkas and has been against girls attending school over the age of 10, the BBC reported.

The network reported that some Afghans have been suspicious of the Taliban’s statements.

"I don’t believe what they’re saying," one woman in Kabul told the BBC.

Another woman said, "As long as my right to study and work is protected, I don't mind wearing a hijab. I live in an Islamic country and I'm willing to accept the Islamic dress code - as long as it's not a burqa though because that's not an Islamic dress code."

The Associated Press contributed to this report

deebakes
08-19-2021, 03:08 PM
:surprise:

lost in melb.
08-19-2021, 03:12 PM
The fun religion :tup:

Muddy
08-20-2021, 12:46 PM
The religion of peace..!

Teh One Who Knocks
08-20-2021, 01:14 PM

https://i.imgur.com/SY6PnHl.gif

Teh One Who Knocks
08-20-2021, 01:15 PM

The fun religion :tup:

The religion of peace..!

Sounds like a lot of Islamaphobia going on up in here :hand:

Griffin
08-20-2021, 01:16 PM
nahhh... I just don't care for the little sheet heads

lost in melb.
08-20-2021, 01:21 PM

I think you're joking, but just to be clear it's the Taliban interpretation I have a problem with.

You have three and a half million in the US and they don't seem to be shooting up the place and raping women underage girls:)

Muddy
08-20-2021, 01:25 PM

Not me, brother.. I just said they were the religion of peace.. :troll:

Teh One Who Knocks
08-20-2021, 01:26 PM
I think you're joking...

:facepalm:

Griffin
08-20-2021, 01:28 PM
I think you're joking, but just to be clear it's the Taliban interpretation I have a problem with.

You have three and a half million in the US and they don't seem to be shooting up the place and raping women underage girls:)

They have no idea how many are slipping in mixed with the illegals at the border. Biden just picks them up there and distributes them to their compatriots around the country.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-20-2021, 01:28 PM
Not me, brother.. I just said they were the religion of peace.. :troll:

https://i.imgur.com/PSwgOWO.jpeg

Pony
08-20-2021, 02:10 PM
They have no idea how many are slipping in mixed with the illegals at the border. Biden just picks them up there and distributes them to their compatriots around the country.

I was thinking about that last night while watching a documentary on Bin Laden. Did we learn absolutely nothing on 9/11?

Griffin
08-20-2021, 02:18 PM
I was thinking about that last night while watching a documentary on Bin Laden. Did we learn absolutely nothing on 9/11?

I've been thinking about it a lot. They have been purposely facilitating a foreign army to enter our country.
With the deliberate fuck up in Afghanistan all attention has been pulled away from the border as the amount of crossings has jumped exponentially.
I hope everyone has been stock piling ammo.

DemonGeminiX
08-20-2021, 02:22 PM
I hope everyone has been stock piling ammo.

Not at current prices, but I have a fair bit from before Covid.

Griffin
08-20-2021, 02:36 PM
2A Newsletter: August 20th

#News

Taliban Disarms Citizens Moments After Taking Control of Kabul

Let this be a lesson on the Second Amendment, as soon as the Taliban were able to take control of the capital City Kabul, the first thing on their agenda was to collect firearms and ammunition from civilians by going door to door with the intent to disarm them. There are videos posted on youtube of citizens being detained and stripped of their firearms from Taliban Fighters.

The Taliban justified their actions on Monday by stating people no longer need them for personal protection. A Taliban official claims that "We understand people kept weapons for personal safety. They can now feel safe. We are not here to harm innocent civilians".

This scenario is the exact reason why we defend our second amendment rights and why pro 2A groups have been gaining tons of support in the last few months due to talks of Biden's gun control crusade.

This is all something the ant-2A crowd would love to see. This is something that they have been talking about for years and are slowly inching forward though gun buy-back programs, bans and restrictions on certain firearms and through petty anti-2A gun laws. During a meeting with CNN Biden casually admitted that, “The idea you need a weapon that can have the ability to fire 20, 30, 40, 50, 120 shots from that weapon, whether it’s a, whether it’s a 9mm pistol or whether it’s a rifle, is ridiculous. I’m continuing to push to eliminate the sale of those things”.

This situation is just the reality of what gun owners have been fighting against all along- a repressive regime disarming its citizens under their control.

https://www.80percentarms.com/blog/2a-newsletter-august-20th/?utm_source=3-%20List&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=8%2F20%20Newsletter-%20LIST%203%20%28TT39tb%29&_kx=Lga7zMhDf-E6fjNUbyE0gQgzfLDr1lrYpc4Byk3FSzM%3D.PNxyAX

lost in melb.
08-20-2021, 02:39 PM

I think you're joking