PDA

View Full Version : CNN continues hammering Biden over Afghan turmoil: 'If this isn't failure, what does failure look like?'

Teh One Who Knocks
08-20-2021, 10:41 AM
By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

CNN has continued offering critical coverage of President Biden amid his administration's turbulent military withdrawal from Afghanistan.

Clarissa Ward, CNN's chief international correspondent who's been reporting from Kabul, called what she's witnessed an "absolute mess" and offered a stunning rebuke to Biden's claim to ABC News that the pullout of troops out of Afghanistan which quickly resulted in a takeover by the Taliban was not a "failure."

"I think a lot of people outside that airport, particularly those taking the kind of extreme actions we're just talking about would like to know if this isn't a failure, what does failure look like exactly?" Ward asked Thursday.
Later in the day, CNN’s counterterrorism analyst Phil Mudd went off on the State Department for failing to say how many Americans are left in Afghanistan.

"That was unacceptable," Mudd reacted. "I’m not interested in hearing a U.S. Government spokesperson talk about how unprecedented this is with other U.S. presidents and how other presidents didn’t have to deal with this."

"I’m interested in understanding why we did only 2,000 people in 24 hours, how we increase that pace over the next 24 hours, what the total number is that we want to get out, and how long that’s going to take. That was pathetic!" Mudd exclaimed.

Mudd even took a swipe at State Department spokesman Ned Price, saying "That guy needs some training fast. That was horrible."

An analysis piece published on CNN's website also offered a scathing response to Biden's defense of the Afghan withdrawal.

"Biden is failing to adequately explain why he so badly failed to predict the swift collapse of the Afghan state. And his credibility has been sullied because his confident downplaying of the risks of the withdrawal has been repeatedly confounded by events. Seven months into his term, Biden no longer gets credit simply for not being Donald Trump," CNN White House reporter Stephen Collinson wrote on Thursday. "Biden's defensiveness, imprecision and apparent changes of position hardly project confidence or competence during an extraordinarily sensitive crisis on hostile foreign soil. Anytime a commander in chief does not appear in control or is in denial of obvious developments is a moment that threatens to inflict political damage."

Collinson insisted Biden gave Republicans "their clearest opening of a presidency in which he has been a hard political target" and how the president's "appeal lies in his candor and competence. Both are taking a hit."

"The President's image abroad is also taking a beating. His goal of reviving US relations with allies after declaring 'America is back' following the Trump administration have been complicated by dismay over the possibility that interpreters and other workers who helped US troops over 20 years could be left behind to face reprisals from the Taliban," Collinson wrote.

Muddy
08-20-2021, 12:36 PM
Shocking..!!

RBP
08-20-2021, 11:32 PM
Shocking..!!

I don't trust this. What's their angle? Preparing for President Harris? Furthering to legitimize the US government to prepare for the revolution?

I don't know, but I am uncomfortable with it.

Griffin
08-21-2021, 12:42 AM
It's misdirection to prevent you watching what they are doing here. They have no intention of making Harris president. Look for Pelosi to to soon be replaced and that is who will be the next president.

RBP
08-21-2021, 12:45 AM
It's misdirection to prevent you watching what they are doing here. They have no intention of making Harris president. Look for Pelosi to to soon be replaced and that is who will be the next president.

Interesting. How does that succession work?

lost in melb.
08-21-2021, 01:01 AM

We all know CNN is rooting for Trump return. More revenue :hand:

RBP
08-21-2021, 01:08 AM
We all know CNN is rooting for Trump return. More revenue :hand:

Also interesting. :lol:

lost in melb.
08-21-2021, 01:09 AM
:dance:

Griffin
08-21-2021, 01:21 AM
Interesting. How does that succession work?

Invoke 25th amendment, show VP incapable of fulfilling the office (which is only temporary under 25th), and speaker is next in line with support of cabinet.
Indecently, congress can vote anyone they want as speaker if the position becomes vacant.

RBP
08-21-2021, 01:26 AM
Invoke 25th amendment, show VP incapable of fulfilling the office (which is only temporary under 25th), and speaker is next in line with support of cabinet.
Indecently, congress can vote anyone they want as speaker if the position becomes vacant.

Well creating a constitutional crisis fits the MO of the revolution. The pieces are dangerously close. I hope not and hope I not becoming a conspiracy theorist, but the markers are there.

Griffin
08-21-2021, 03:26 AM
Conspiracy theorist, realist, reality... not so far off.

deebakes
08-22-2021, 12:45 AM
shit show, very fair criticism