PDA

View Full Version : FDA grants Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine full approval

Teh One Who Knocks
08-23-2021, 01:53 PM
By Kayla Rivas | FOXBusiness

https://i.imgur.com/dyoLLjsl.jpg

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on Monday granted full approval to Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine for individuals 16 years and older.

"The FDA’s approval of this vaccine is a milestone as we continue to battle the COVID-19 pandemic," Acting FDA Commissioner Janet Woodcock, said in a statement issued Monday. "While this and other vaccines have met the FDA’s rigorous, scientific standards for emergency use authorization, as the first FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine, the public can be very confident that this vaccine meets the high standards for safety, effectiveness, and manufacturing quality the FDA requires of an approved product."

This is a developing story

deebakes
08-23-2021, 01:56 PM
:shock:

Griffin
08-23-2021, 02:41 PM
They had to do something after the CDC announced that the efficacy of the first rounds dropped in half.

Hikari Kisugi
08-23-2021, 04:19 PM
That seemed to take an incredible length of time to gain approval, we've been using that vaccine for 9 months now.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-23-2021, 04:35 PM
That seemed to take an incredible length of time to gain approval, we've been using that vaccine for 9 months now.

It has already had emergency use approval from the FDA since December-ish of last year. This is for full approval by the FDA meaning there are no restrictions any more. This was still incredibly fast because the FDA works at 2 speeds, slow and stop. It takes years, sometimes decades to get new drugs and/or vaccines approved for full widespread use and distribution.

Griffin
08-23-2021, 04:41 PM
Well, since they've had this vaccine ready for over a decade just waiting for the opportunity to disperse it... I'd say the time line is about right.

Muddy
08-23-2021, 05:36 PM
Well, since they've had this vaccine ready for over a decade just waiting for the opportunity to disperse it... I'd say the time line is about right.

:bong:

Griffin
08-23-2021, 05:58 PM
I have to admit though, the new data shows that the vaccine is doing exactly what it was designed to do, weaken and replace the immune system so that the human body is dependent on the boosters.
...but once you are hooked, how much are the future boosters going to cost after you're dependent. :-k

Muddy
08-23-2021, 06:56 PM
I have to admit though, the new data shows that the vaccine is doing exactly what it was designed to do, weaken and replace the immune system so that the human body is dependent on the boosters.
...but once you are hooked, how much are the future boosters going to cost after you're dependent. :-k

How much is a pacemaker gonna cost you when covid fries your heart? :fbd:

RBP
08-23-2021, 07:01 PM
https://i.imgur.com/RMNpyKC.gif

Griffin
08-23-2021, 08:10 PM
The only thing affecting my heart is the destruction of my country by the people that are supposed to be preserving it.

Muddy
08-23-2021, 08:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skkM2zPFPy0