PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Watts dead: Legendary Rolling Stones drummer dies aged 80, publicist confirms

Teh One Who Knocks
08-24-2021, 04:47 PM
By Lucy Needham, Assistant Showbiz Editor - The Mirror

https://i.imgur.com/qmJRju0l.jpg

The Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts has died at the age of 80.

The sad news comes weeks after Watts pulled out of the band's No Filter tour.

A spokesperson for Charlie confirmed his absence from the US shows earlier this month, revealing that the rocker needed to 'rest and recuperate' following a medical procedure.

He confirmed the operation had been 'completely successful' but said the star needed time to recover.

Watts said: "For once my timing has been a little off. I am working hard to get fully fit but I have today accepted on the advice of the experts that this will take a while."

Bandmates Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood all shared messages of support following the announcement.

Charlie has been a member of the Rolling Stones since 1963.

He remains the only member other than Jagger and Richards to have features on all of their studio albums.

After originally training as a graphic artist, Watts was introduced to Brian Jones, Jagger and Richards while playing drums recreationally in London's rhythm and blues clubs before being asked to join the group.

DemonGeminiX
08-24-2021, 05:34 PM
:rip:

PorkChopSandwiches
08-24-2021, 05:39 PM
:rip:

Godfather
08-25-2021, 02:36 AM
He lived a lot of life. Got to see the Stones live in 2006 during the A Bigger Bang Tour, and even at that age they still brought the house down.

RIP

Goofy
08-25-2021, 09:21 AM
He lived a lot of life. Got to see the Stones live in 2006 during the A Bigger Bang Tour, and even at that age they still brought the house down.

RIP
I saw them just 3 or 4 years back, one of the best live acts i've ever seen! RIP Charlie :(