PDA

View Full Version : Sergeant Major of the Army prioritizes 'diversity' amid Afghanistan evacuation

Teh One Who Knocks
08-27-2021, 10:32 AM
By Kyle Morris | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/vpuquVyh.jpg

Amid ongoing evacuation efforts in Afghanistan, and shortly before an explosion left 13 U.S. service members dead and several wounded, Sergeant Major of the Army Michael Grinston highlighted diversity within the U.S. Army for Women’s Equality Day.

"Diversity is a number - do you have people that don’t look or think like you in the room? Inclusion is listening and valuing those people," Grinston wrote in a tweet.
"[Women's Equality Day] reminds us we’re smarter and more lethal when we come together as an inclusive, cohesive team," Grinston added. "Our values demand it."

Grinston, according to his biography on the U.S. Army’s website, serves as the Army chief of staff's "personal adviser on matters affecting the enlisted force," devoting "the majority of his time traveling throughout the Army to observe training and interact with Soldiers and their Families."

The official Twitter account for the U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command echoed Grinston's remarks, writing, "Inclusion & Diversity is what makes our [U.S. Army] better."
Grinston's tweet was met with immense criticism from several social media users who questioned his priorities as the Afghanistan evacuation crisis continues.

"This is what matters: 11 Marines and one Navy Corpsman killed. Americans," Jessie Jane Duff, a U.S. Marine veteran, wrote in a tweet. "I'm positive they didn't look or think like you, Sergeant Major. Every [flag-draped] coffin looks the same. We have an [Afghanistan crisis] and this is your tweet. Shameful."
According to U.S. officials, a suicide bomb attack outside the Abbey Gate at Kabul's airport killed 13 U.S. service members and wounded at least 18 others on Thursday. ISIS-K claimed responsibility for the attack. Officials told Fox News late Thursday that those killed included 10 Marines, two Army soldiers and a Navy corpsman, correcting earlier reports that additional Marines were killed.

Grinston was sworn in as the 16th Sergeant Major of the Army on August 9, 2019, and "has held every enlisted leadership position in artillery, ranging from cannon crewmember to command sergeant major," according to the Army's website.

Griffin
08-27-2021, 10:42 AM
the woke movement needs to go back to bed:meh:

lost in melb.
08-28-2021, 02:53 AM
Wow, Fox has really hit a new low. What a contrived piece of nonsense...

DemonGeminiX
08-28-2021, 04:01 AM
Wow, Fox has really hit a new low. What a contrived piece of nonsense...

But is it? Really?

We have a crisis in Afghanistan going on that he needs to focus on to bring our people home alive. It should be his center of focus, his only focus. He is the Sergeant Major of the Army, the highest enlisted ranking officer in the United States Army. He is directly responsible for the Army soldiers on the ground. And he's wasting his time on this horseshit? It's good that Fox News pointed this out.

lost in melb.
08-28-2021, 12:02 PM
"Blah blah blah AMID blah blah blah"

Fox does this all the time. Tries to connect two completely unrelated things and calls it news. This is not news. it is a joke

RBP
08-28-2021, 12:13 PM
"Blah blah blah AMID blah blah blah"

Fox does this all the time. Tries to connect two completely unrelated things and calls it news. This is not news. it is a joke

I turned on MSNBC last night and they were bitching about Trump. Nothing about Biden nor Afghanistan.

This story sounds more legitimate in comparison. All news now is contrived bullshit. At least this has a point to make.

lost in melb.
08-28-2021, 12:16 PM
I turned on MSNBC last night and they were bitching about Trump. Nothing about Biden nor Afghanistan.

This story sounds more legitimate in comparison. All news now is contrived bullshit. At least this has a point to make.

Oh I agree. MSNBC is the pits. Actually they might even be worse than CNN :-k

lost in melb.
08-28-2021, 12:18 PM
The reality with this story is probably that he has quite a large staff, everything was set up and he spent all of 3 minutes checking out the tweet or the Instagram, whatever, it was before it was posted.

The current policy is diversity in the US army and he's simply doing his job.

:2cents:

RBP
08-28-2021, 12:18 PM
Oh I agree. MSNBC is the pits. Actually they might even be worse than CNN :-k

They are. We, as Americans, are in the middle of a propaganda war. I have no idea to what end.

lost in melb.
08-28-2021, 12:35 PM
They are. We, as Americans, are in the middle of a propaganda war. I have no idea to what end.

It's a horrible situation.

Griffin
08-28-2021, 01:00 PM

The end of America of course. Obama started it. Trump interfered with it when he beat Hillary. Now Obama is finishing through Biden.

lost in melb.
08-28-2021, 03:34 PM
The end of America of course. Obama started it. Trump interfered with it when he beat Hillary. Now Obama is finishing through Biden.

Pop up a rod, grab a few beers...

Pony
08-28-2021, 04:01 PM

His job is diversity IN THE MILITARY, not going on TV and telling the general population how woke they are. That's half the problem with the whole thing, apparently the deeds don't count, only talking about how diverse you are and shaming others for not screeching loudly enough.

Instead of a level playing field where everyone strives to do better, now we have a "system" where it doesn't matter your qualifications or even your history, as long as they meet the quota of proper representation of all groups. You can even become VPoUS simply for being woman, identifying as black and sucking the right cock.

Seriously, those that are screaming the loudest about diversity are the least tolerant of anyone who does not share their views. The far Left has made it policy to divide everyone up and make it all us vs them. Black VS white, gay vs straight, man vs woman, trans vs everyone, conservative vs liberal, Demonize anyone that does not agree with you. Sure sounds inclusive to me.

IMO the conservative stance is everyone is human, we are all Americans and the only thing stopping ANYONE from success in this country is lack of ambition. Sure it may be easier for some than others but this is one of the easiest countries in the world to start with nothing and become successful. /rant

lost in melb.
08-28-2021, 04:35 PM
I completely understand how you feel.

What I think isn't really important, but since we're getting candid, let's just get straight to the heart of the matter.

Here are the GOP interns:

https://i.ibb.co/Ldqmxmj/images-1-8.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)

And the Democrat interns:

https://i.ibb.co/wrc7nSz/160721-democrat-interns-mn-1245.jpg (https://ibb.co/QjDkWPK)

Forget left and right, conservative, liberal, whatever. There are two "groups" in the US at the moment. On one side those that think this situation is okay. And on the other side those I think this situation is not okay.

Griffin
08-28-2021, 04:42 PM
You can sit on the other side of the ocean and believe what you want, but I live here and can tell you that today's problems didn't exist until the left used their main stream muppets to shove their agendas down Americas throat.

lost in melb.
08-28-2021, 05:12 PM
You can sit on the other side of the ocean and believe what you want, but I live here and can tell you that today's problems didn't exist until the left used their main stream muppets to shove their agendas down Americas throat.

What do you think about the pictures above. Think that situation is ok

DemonGeminiX
08-28-2021, 05:13 PM

What I think isn't really important, but since we're getting candid, let's just get straight to the heart of the matter.

Here are the GOP interns:

https://i.ibb.co/Ldqmxmj/images-1-8.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)

And the Democrat interns:

https://i.ibb.co/wrc7nSz/160721-democrat-interns-mn-1245.jpg (https://ibb.co/QjDkWPK)

Forget left and right, conservative, liberal, whatever. There are two "groups" in the US at the moment. On one side those that think this situation is okay. And on the other side those I think this situation is not okay.

So it's not ok for people in the USA to make their own choices?

What would those two groups of interns look like in Australian politics? How many Aboriginals would be in the two pics? Black Australians? Do you even have black people in your country? Middle Eastern Australians? We know they don't exist, you sent all of you Middle Eastern refugees to us.

It's so easy to sit there and point the finger at everybody else when you're probably more guilty of what you're accusing everybody else of. Clean your own house and keep your mouth shut about your neighbor's.

And by the way, the people in the bottom pic made a stupid choice.

lost in melb.
08-28-2021, 05:36 PM
So it's not ok for people in the USA to make their own choices?

Nope, all fine They did make a choice

What would those two groups of interns look like in Australian politics? How many Aboriginals would be in the two pics? Black Australians? Do you even have black people in your country? Middle Eastern Australians? We know they don't exist, you sent all of you Middle Eastern refugees to us.

No idea. Our main alternative race is Asian

It's so easy to sit there and point the finger at everybody else when you're probably more guilty of what you're accusing everybody else of. Clean your own house and keep your mouth shut about your neighbor's.

And by the way, the people in the bottom pic made a stupid choice.

I'm not telling you to do anything. Simply pointing out that there are two groups in the US. One think that situation is okay and the others don't. Do you refute that?

Griffin
08-28-2021, 05:55 PM
What do you think about the pictures above. Think that situation is ok

I think the left and their media have created a division that only exists to manipulate simpletons into believing there is a problem.

KevinD
08-28-2021, 08:48 PM
The reality with this story is probably that he has quite a large staff, everything was set up and he spent all of 3 minutes checking out the tweet or the Instagram, whatever, it was before it was posted.

Diversity in the US armed forces, Army or otherwise, has NEVER been an issue. I can testify first hand knowledge of my time in the AF, there were blacks, Latino, females, hell, there were even non US citizens (as a path to citizenship mind you) everywhere. Honestly white males may have been in the minority. I can tell you from secondhand knowledge it wasn't ant issue in Vietnam, Korea, or WW2 (stories from Dad, uncles, grandfathers)

This Sarn't Major is the definition of a REMF.

RBP
08-28-2021, 10:52 PM
Diversity in the US armed forces, Army or otherwise, has NEVER been an issue. I can testify first hand knowledge of my time in the AF, there were blacks, Latino, females, hell, there were even non US citizens (as a path to citizenship mind you) everywhere. Honestly white males may have been in the minority. I can tell you from secondhand knowledge it wasn't ant issue in Vietnam, Korea, or WW2 (stories from Dad, uncles, grandfathers)

:qft: and... REMF :lol:

RBP
08-28-2021, 10:55 PM
I'm not telling you to do anything. Simply pointing out that there are two groups in the US. One think that situation is okay and the others don't. Do you refute that?

Occam's Razor.

There are limited numbers of conservative blacks and a black conservative intern would be completely destroyed socially by the mob. I wouldn't do it either if I was a black college conservative.

Pony
08-29-2021, 12:36 AM

I apologize if you felt that was directed at you, although I used your quote it was more of a general rant about the current environment we're in.

BTW, the fact is, regarding your above post, there simply are not a whole lot of Black conservatives applying for internships, Or even young conservatives in general. The majority tend to be liberal when they are young. And I will say that the Left has done a stellar job with brainwashing the population that all right wingers are racist, sexist, Nazis. If they put as much money and effort into fixing the countries issues as they do smearing the "other side" we would all have nothing left to argue about. :nana:

lost in melb.
08-29-2021, 01:43 AM
I think the left and their media have created a division that only exists to manipulate simpletons into believing there is a problem.

And of course the right don't do this, right?

I have an alternative suggestion. The media gives people what they want to hear and they make some money.

https://i.ibb.co/5rZw3Sj/upload-2021-8-21-1-46-55.png (https://ibb.co/3pKQbjF)

lost in melb.
08-29-2021, 01:44 AM
Occam's Razor.

There are limited numbers of conservative blacks and a black conservative intern would be completely destroyed socially by the mob. I wouldn't do it either if I was a black college conservative.

I apologize if you felt that was directed at you, although I used your quote it was more of a general rant about the current environment we're in.

BTW, the fact is, regarding your above post, there simply are not a whole lot of Black conservatives applying for internships, Or even young conservatives in general. The majority tend to be liberal when they are young. And I will say that the Left has done a stellar job with brainwashing the population that all right wingers are racist, sexist, Nazis. If they put as much money and effort into fixing the countries issues as they do smearing the "other side" we would all have nothing left to argue about. :nana:

I'm sure they are factors.

But at the end of the day it seems to be everyone's fault but GOP.

lost in melb.
08-29-2021, 01:46 AM

Okay, so you're not really disagreeing with me. It may or may not be a problem but it's policy now to make diversity more explicit.

DemonGeminiX
08-29-2021, 02:05 AM
I'm sure they are factors.

But at the end of the day it seems to be everyone's fault but GOP.

If you look at American history, the Republicans freed the slaves. It was the Southern Democrats (the Dixiecrats) that wanted to keep slavery, that seceded from the Union, that passed Jim Crow laws, that fought against Civil Rights. The Dixiecrats absolutely are the ancestors of the modern Democrat Party. Today's Democrats came from these people. Don't ask me how they got so many Black people on their side. It's baffling to me. The Democrats have always been about taking people's money in higher taxes, restricting people's individual rights, and having a huge overpowering central government. "Vote for us and we'll give you free shit! All you have to do is give up your rights!" Tigers can't change their stripes.

Yes, there are black conservatives. No they can't come out of the closet, because the liberal mob would crucify them. Look at what they're doing to Larry Elder out in California. Look at what they tried to do to Clarence Thomas when Reagan nominated him for the Supreme Court back in the 80s. You don't hear much from Thomas Sowell anymore, and he's probably one of the single most intelligent Economists to have ever walked this Earth. When Herman Cain ran for the Republican Presidential nomination, it was the liberals who threw him under the bus and dragged his name through the mud. The liberals call them all Uncle Tom's and race traitors, and falsely accuse them of horrible shit constantly. They send them death threats. Who the hell would come out into the light when faced with that sort of response? They stay in the closet and just vote their conscience anonymously on election day

lost in melb.
08-29-2021, 02:45 AM
Any evidence for that?

I simply don't buy your story, whatsoever. Congressman and women get death threats all the time. Lib pollies get death threats all the time and online racist hate.

Again, everyone's fault but GOP.

lost in melb.
08-29-2021, 02:47 AM
I appreciate your post though. Let's see if GOP can get their act together and get a more diverse bunch of people into their ranks.

DemonGeminiX
08-29-2021, 03:56 AM
Any evidence for that?

I simply don't buy your story, whatsoever. Congressman and women get death threats all the time. Lib pollies get death threats all the time and online racist hate.

Again, everyone's fault but GOP.

Ok, that's it. I've had enough. I'm done with you. Goodbye.

lost in melb.
08-29-2021, 07:44 AM
Ok, that's it. I've had enough. I'm done with you. Goodbye.

You're welcome. That'll be $141.20

lost in melb.
08-29-2021, 10:06 AM
This has been an uupsetting thread. Yes, the disagreement with DGX (par for the course, he's just passionate) is a factor, but the digging in of heels in general - for which I'm partially to blame.

I just wish even one of you would say, "all the arguments you've presented ...about the pressures that POC feel about being the public face of GOP. " But then also, "okay, that's an extremely white washed group of interns that doesn't really represent US. GOP might need to address that as well, internally." But somehow it's all the Democrats fault.

The irony is Republicans are staunchly advocate for self-responsibility and not blaming others, and yet when it comes to their own party somehow it's somebody else's fault if they're not getting it right. It's supremely ironic and I just can't agree. I may not have the same on the ground understanding, but nevertheless I'm not stupid and I've lived in the country for a year or two and I know that there's something wrong with that photo that stems from something internal to GOP. Very little ownership of the election loss. Very little.

I wonder if it's because the whole inclusiveness thing is being shoved down their/your throats that they actually push back even harder. I realise it's a hard environment to operate in, but that's how it is. You really need to win back those votes and get a more diverse representation or you're going to be nipping at the heels of the Democrats and on your back foot. And then the whole country suffers. If you think me, being a liberal, wants Democrats in forever, I have to break it to you. I do not. It's bad for US and it's bad for the world.

lost in melb.
08-29-2021, 10:12 AM
And here's some wisdom from Bill Maher

https://youtu.be/TL5kl-AsVvI

Pony
08-29-2021, 11:05 AM
I appreciate your post though. Let's see if GOP can get their act together and get a more diverse bunch of people into their ranks.

They did have a (I believe) record number of women win seats this last round. And I don't believe the GOP should shove any black/brown person to the front of the line just for the bragging rights of diversity as the left does. If a number of qualified, personable candidates with conservative ideals run next round, they have as good a chance (probably better) of getting in as anyone else.
And I'm not saying the GOP is perfect or blameless in all this mess, many lies were told, mistakes were made and every time they stoop to the lefts level the lefties take it away and beat them on the head with it. The GOP should stick to integrity and truth and act like the adults in the room. That said, IMO the left is WAY worse.

Pony
08-29-2021, 11:18 AM
This has been an uupsetting thread. Yes, the disagreement with DGX (par for the course, he's just passionate) is a factor, but the digging in of heels in general - for which I'm partially to blame.

I just wish even one of you would say, "all the arguments you've presented ...about the pressures that POC feel about being the public face of GOP. " But then also, "okay, that's an extremely white washed group of interns that doesn't really represent US. GOP might need to address that as well, internally." But somehow it's all the Democrats fault.

The irony is Republicans are staunchly advocate for self-responsibility and not blaming others, and yet when it comes to their own party somehow it's somebody else's fault if they're not getting it right. It's supremely ironic and I just can't agree. I may not have the same on the ground understanding, but nevertheless I'm not stupid and I've lived in the country for a year or two and I know that there's something wrong with that photo that stems from something internal to GOP. Very little ownership of the election loss. Very little.

I wonder if it's because the whole inclusiveness thing is being shoved down their/your throats that they actually push back even harder. I realise it's a hard environment to operate in, but that's how it is. You really need to win back those votes and get a more diverse representation or you're going to be nipping at the heels of the Democrats and on your back foot. And then the whole country suffers. If you think me, being a liberal, wants Democrats in forever, I have to break it to you. I do not. It's bad for US and it's bad for the world.

Absolutely the Right should do more to change their image and entice POC to "switch sides" If they do and start getting mass migrations of POC the left will never win another election. :lol:

People like Candace Owen and a few others have done a stellar job promoting the GOP, She/they are the new young faces of the Republican party.

RBP
08-29-2021, 03:07 PM
Yes it's their fault, but when you have 90+% blacks swinging Dem, and 85+% Hispanic, there's just not much wiggle room.

lost in melb.
08-30-2021, 03:50 PM
Aye, it's tough

PorkChopSandwiches
08-30-2021, 04:11 PM

:qft: