PDA

View Full Version : Taliban take control of Kabul airport, celebrate ‘enjoyable moment of victory’

Teh One Who Knocks
08-31-2021, 10:38 AM
By Edmund DeMarche | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/U9Usawel.jpg

Taliban leaders took over control of the Kabul airport Tuesday and marked the departure of the last U.S. plane from the country by taking a symbolic walk across the airport's sole runway, according to a report.

"The world should have learned its lesson and this is the enjoyable moment of victory," Zabihullah Mujahid, the Taliban spokesman, said in a livestream video, according to the Associated Press. He spoke to reporters at the Hamid Karzai International Airport and said Americans "could not achieve their goal through military operations," according to Al Jazeera.

Celebratory gunfire could be heard throughout Kabul before dawn, Reuters reported. A reporter from the Los Angeles Times posted video of Taliban fighters inspecting a hanger after the U.S. departure.

The AP reported that vehicles carrying the Taliban raced back and forth along the airport’s sole runway.

Before dawn broke, heavily armed Taliban fighters walked through hangars, passing some of the seven CH-46 helicopters the State Department used in its evacuations before rendering them unflyable.

Mujahid also discussed restarting operations at the airport, which remains a key way out for those wanting to leave the country.

"Our technical team will be checking the technical and logistical needs of the airport," he said. "If we are able to fix everything on our own, then we won't need any help. If there is need for technical or logistics help to repair the destruction, then we might ask help from Qatar or Turkey."

The U.S. Embassy in Kabul announced on its website that it suspended operations at the facility on Aug. 31, but said it will continue to "assist U.S. citizens and their families in Afghanistan from Doha, Qatar."

U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken took to Twitter to announce the suspension of a diplomatic presence in Kabul. He said the U.S. will base its diplomatic operations with the country from Doha.

During the evacuation, U.S. forces helped evacuate over 120,000 U.S. citizens, foreigners and Afghans, according to the White House. Coalition forces also evacuated their citizens and Afghans. But for all who got out, foreign nations and the U.S. acknowledged they didn't evacuate all who wanted to go.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

lost in melb.
08-31-2021, 10:39 AM
Those cheers must be nothing close to as pleasurable as the sigh of relief that you're out of that shit-hole.

Griffin
08-31-2021, 12:17 PM
No telling how many of those shipped out were Taliban or Isis. I bet someone in the Biden admin knows and where they were released.

lost in melb.
08-31-2021, 12:22 PM
No telling how many of those shipped out were Taliban or Isis. I bet someone in the Biden admin knows and where they were released.

Is this before or after you get jumped in your doorway, held down and injected with multiple Federal vaccines? :-s

Muddy
08-31-2021, 02:35 PM
Those guys whipped our asses man!! /s

lost in melb.
08-31-2021, 03:00 PM
Those guys whipped our asses man!! /s

You should be used to it by now :)

Muddy
08-31-2021, 03:19 PM
You should be used to it by now :)

Well, except they didn't.. They hid in the mountains until we got tired and went home..

lost in melb.
08-31-2021, 03:29 PM
Well, except they didn't.. They hid in the mountains until we got tired and went home..

Jungles/mountains. same difference...you weren't up to the animalistic brutality of what it would have taken to win - in both wars.

And a good thing to be honest.

Muddy
08-31-2021, 03:44 PM
Jungles/mountains. same difference...you weren't up to the animalistic brutality of what it would have taken to win - in both wars.

And a good thing to be honest.

I disagree. Our hands are always tied due to the media and politics.

lost in melb.
08-31-2021, 03:49 PM
I disagree. Our hands are always tied due to the media and politics.

I'll grant that your hands are more tied than ever, but that's how America has always been. I've seen the Vietnam demonstration footage.

Griffin
08-31-2021, 03:52 PM
Weak ass administrations with ulterior motives that did not have the best interest for the country.

Griffin
09-01-2021, 03:59 PM
Is this before or after you get jumped in your doorway, held down and injected with multiple Federal vaccines? :-s

Not me. [-( But it will be sad when the terrorists release the bio tech that will activate the proteins in the vaccine and peoples bodies start shutting down.

Muddy
09-01-2021, 04:48 PM
Not me. [-( But it will be sad when the terrorists release the bio tech that will activate the proteins in the vaccine and peoples bodies start shutting down.

:thumbsup:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-01-2021, 04:58 PM
:fbd: