PDA

View Full Version : Time for Joe to go

lost in melb.
09-06-2021, 12:37 PM
Silly anecdotes and political sniping aside (and they really are silly, all of them), things aren't looking too good for old Joe.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/taliban-reportedly-wont-let-planes-162157242.html

https://www.yahoo.com/news/uk-us-feuding-over-afghanistan-073700636.html

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/c6f52b6d-ce82-38c6-989a-e982161668b9/taliban-stop-planes-full-of.html

If he were our Prime Minister I'd be calling for his resignation. You've gotta look after your countrymen and your allies, dude.

Griffin
09-06-2021, 01:06 PM
When his handlers have used him to do as much damage as possible he will be discarded like a used condom. Then we will see who the true marionettist is.

deebakes
09-06-2021, 03:05 PM
still curious how his cream rose to the top of the democrats pool

Pony
09-06-2021, 03:12 PM
still curious how his cream rose to the top of the democrats pool

Right? There were a couple that were promising and I think could have done a good job of it but they were overrun by the reality show theatrics and the corporate media deciding who to give airtime to.

deebakes
09-06-2021, 03:16 PM
the few ultimately deciding what was in the best interest for the many...

Griffin
09-06-2021, 03:34 PM
They needed someone corrupt enough to have leverage to control.

deebakes
09-06-2021, 03:41 PM
i'm not sure if it is corrupt or just incompetent

RBP
09-06-2021, 05:26 PM
Can you all help me fill in the blanks? Because something doesn't make sense.

As I understood the numbers, there were 10,000 Americans, 30,000 to 50,000 afghan allies (supported the US troops), and some foreign nationals - many of which were extracted by their own nation like the UK.

But 123,000 were airlifted out. That doesn't add up. So suddenly, when the optics were bad over half empty planes, they sudden had massive amounts of flights that were all full. Huh? They said the problem was processing the special visas, but suddenly the planes are full with a shit load more flights? By August 30, the US Military had added a new category "at-risk Afghans and their families". What? Who are they???

I had been squinting at this math problem when my wife said that Lyft was asking for donations to help "resettle Afghan refugees"? Afghan refugees? Why are taking random Afghan refugees? Where did they come from?

So here's my hot take. I am hoping for actual data to support or refute this. My numbers come from Biden and the August 30 press press briefing Pentagon Press Secretary John F. Kirby and General Kenneth F. McKenzie Jr. Hold a Press Briefing (https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Transcripts/Transcript/Article/2759183/pentagon-press-secretary-john-f-kirby-and-general-kenneth-f-mckenzie-jr-hold-a/)

They decide to leave the country 09/11/21.
Realize that will look really bad when the Taliban take over. Change it to 08/31 for optics, not for logistics.
Close Bagram, and withdraw air support. The Afghans were trained to fight WITH air support, leaving them fucked on the battle field. Most military personal withdrawn.
The Taliban sweeps through the country.
Extraction crisis. No 5-runway airfield at Bagram, only 1 run-way at Kabul.
The can't process the allies-afghan visas fast enough, backlog, half empty planes.
The optics of the empty planes is terrible, so [conjecture follows] they start loading the planes with anyone who they can get on the plane. They create a new category of "at-risk" to explain it away. Media doesn't ask any questions.
This allows the administration and media supporters to shift the narrative and I have heard it repeatedly. "yes, but Biden airlifted 120,000 people out. That's an incredible accomplishment"
Americans and Allies-Afghans are left behind and taken hostage.

Help me fill in the blanks, be critical. I want to get my facts straight.

deebakes
09-06-2021, 06:53 PM
i watched the 5-part netflix 9/11 doc and they go into some detail about how fucked up we left that situation and what got is there in the first place. it was pretty interesting and i didn't find it overly political, seemed pretty balanced. what no one predicted was how little the new afghan army would resist, probably because they weren't that strong in their support for what the us was doing over there in the first place.

Muddy
09-06-2021, 08:06 PM
So Joe go's.. Then what? Kamala? I dunno know about that..

Griffin
09-06-2021, 08:51 PM
"resettle Afghan refugees"? Afghan refugees? Why are taking random Afghan refugees? Where did they come from?

Remember the 5000 prisons released from Bagram after we disappeared in the night? You know the ones that really hate the U.S. Guess who's coming to dinner.