PDA

View Full Version : ‘Nobody Is Being Forced’ To Be Vaccinated: Biden Commerce Secretary

Teh One Who Knocks
09-15-2021, 12:45 PM
By Ben Johnson - The Daily Wire

https://i.imgur.com/kXUphE1l.jpg

Although President Joe Biden issued a new mandate requiring millions of federal workers and contractors to get vaccinated — and exerting strong pressure on private employers — Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo denied that the administration is forcing anyone to receive the COVID-19 vaccination.

“Nobody is being forced” to be vaccinated, claimed Raimondo on MSNBC on Tuesday morning.

The secretary was responding to MSNBC host Stephanie Ruhle, who announced she was “puzzled by people that continue to say they’re forced to get vaccinated here.”

Workers in the private sector who do not wish to receive a vaccination can always sequester themselves at home, Ruhle said.

“There’s always been a choice: If you do not want to get vaccinated, you can work from home. You can homeschool your children. You can shop online,” Ruhle said. “If you didn’t want to vaccinate your kids, you can homeschool, and people have done it for years.”

Raimondo agreed. “We are not being forced,” she repeated. “You can work from home, get tested on a weekly basis.”

“I think this is smart public policy and great leadership by the president,” Secretary Raimondo said.

Raimondo’s assertion contradicts numerous planks of President Biden’s six-point plan to combat the spread of the novel coronavirus, which he unveiled last Thursday evening.

The White House website notes that President Biden signed an executive order to “require all federal executive branch workers to be vaccinated” — a number it places in the “millions.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yepkjQBEYY8

The president’s executive actions also “require COVID-19 vaccinations for workers in most health care settings that receive Medicare or Medicaid reimbursement, including but not limited to hospitals, dialysis facilities, ambulatory surgical settings, and home health agencies.”

“These requirements will apply to approximately 50,000 providers and cover a majority of health care workers across the country,” the website adds.

The most controversial part of the Biden administration’s plan demands that private businesses with at least 100 workers get their employees vaccinated or have them subjected to weekly testing.

The mandate, which would be overseen by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, fines employers $13,600 for each violation. In all, the president’s executive action impacts 100 million American citizens.

While the private employer portion of the mandate does not strictly require employees to be inoculated, the cost of COVID-19 tests may prove burdensome when compared to the “free” COVID-19 vaccination. “At $10 or $15 a test, the price is still far too high for regular use by anyone but the wealthy,” wrote Hannah Norman of Kaiser Health News. “A family with two school-age children might need to spend $500 or more a month to try to keep their family — and others — safe.” President Biden has promised to expand “free” testing at food banks, community health centers, and retail pharmacies.

Republican governors have promised a vigorous court battle.

Raimondo called lack of vaccination “the single biggest thing that’s holding back the economy right now” — although economists say rampant inflation, reduced consumer confidence, and a hiring crisis caused in part by additional supplemental unemployment benefits place the economy in jeopardy.

Inflation rose by 5.4% in July, the largest increase since 2008, and by 5.3% year-on-year in August. The Consumer Confidence Index, which measures consumers’ optimism about their economic future, fell to a six-month low last month. and there are currently 10.9 million unfilled jobs, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. “Job openings increased in several industries, with the largest increases in health care and social assistance,” according to the BLS.

lost in melb.
09-15-2021, 12:57 PM
https://watersofeternallife.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Anti-Vax-Poster.jpg

Griffin
09-15-2021, 01:32 PM
How come so many ignorant fucks are drawn to the left? :-k

Muddy
09-15-2021, 01:48 PM
How come 5 anti-vax conservative radio hosts have died from Covid in the past 6 weeks? :-k

Griffin
09-15-2021, 01:56 PM
How come so many vaccinated have died if the vaccine works? :-k

...not to mention all the ones who died from complications of the vaccine.;)

lost in melb.
09-15-2021, 02:03 PM
How come so many ignorant fucks are drawn to the left? :-k

Half the states in Aus are conservative and the feds here are very much so - yet those vaccine passports are coming.

Already well in place in UK. And they have a conservative federal gov.

Care to recant that this is a "left" policy?

Griffin
09-15-2021, 02:06 PM
Nope, because here it's the left.

lost in melb.
09-15-2021, 02:10 PM
Is any of this actually going to affect you? You seem like a hunting and fishing type, tbh.

Muddy
09-15-2021, 02:17 PM
How come so many vaccinated have died if the vaccine works? :-k

...not to mention all the ones who died from complications of the vaccine.;)

99% of the people dying are un-vaxxed, Grif.. Where are you reading your stats? And not 1 person I know has had any of these vax complications I keep hearing about from the conspiracy theorists such as yourself.. Hell, I have even had a friend that's a heart transplant patient take the vax and have no side effects.

Griffin
09-15-2021, 02:17 PM
Is any of this actually going to affect you? You seem like a hunting and fishing type, tbh.

Actually yes because if they do what Fauci and Bidens handlers want to do, the unvaccinated will be treated as an outcast and unable to lead a functional life.

lost in melb.
09-15-2021, 03:29 PM
Actually yes because if they do what Fauci and Bidens handlers want to do, the unvaccinated will be treated as an outcast and unable to lead a functional life.

I don't envy your position. Tough choice ahead of you.

PorkChopSandwiches
09-15-2021, 04:11 PM
Its absolutely being forced.

Griffin
09-15-2021, 04:59 PM
I don't envy your position. Tough choice ahead of you.

It's not ahead of me. I'm not giving up a perfectly fine natural immune system that science says is 13 times better than an artificial one that needs to be boosted a couple times of year as the government dictates.

Muddy
09-15-2021, 05:57 PM
It's not ahead of me. I'm not giving up a perfectly fine natural immune system that science says is 13 times better than an artificial one that needs to be boosted a couple times of year as the government dictates.

We all make our own decisions. I think you are a good guy and hope the one you have made works out in your favor. (for the record, I am not for mandatory vaxxing, well except for in schools and stuff for measles, mumps, rubella, polio, etc..)

Griffin
09-15-2021, 06:18 PM
As I've mentioned before, I am not anti vaccine. I had all the immunizations you mentioned as a child. I made sure my kids had them and they made sure my grandchildren had them.

but what is going on now has nothing to do with public health safety, it's all about controlling the public. The fact that natural antibodies are not even factored in to the decisions mandated by the governments around the world is proof that science has been left behind.

Muddy
09-15-2021, 06:22 PM
As I've mentioned before, I am not anti vaccine. I had all the immunizations you mentioned as a child. I made sure my kids had them and they made sure my grandchildren had them.

I think what is going on now has nothing to do with public health safety, it's all about controlling the public.

I could be down with this if you had added this part in there.. :lol:

Griffin
09-15-2021, 06:31 PM
:beerchug:

PorkChopSandwiches
09-15-2021, 06:31 PM

but what is going on now has nothing to do with public health safety, it's all about controlling the public. The fact that natural antibodies are not even factored in to the decisions mandated by the governments around the world is proof that science has been left behind.

Agreed

Griffin
09-15-2021, 07:08 PM
https://katv.com/resources/media/ad8a0296-6ba6-4d4c-bf26-1474b7a0f146-medium16x9_AP21256706958452.jpg?1631619704023

Apparently the mountain air in Colorado is covid free. Not a mask in sight where as his photo ops from the 9/11 tour everyone around him had one.

PorkChopSandwiches
09-15-2021, 08:02 PM
Covid cant get a mile high

Teh One Who Knocks
09-15-2021, 09:09 PM
https://katv.com/resources/media/ad8a0296-6ba6-4d4c-bf26-1474b7a0f146-medium16x9_AP21256706958452.jpg?1631619704023

Apparently the mountain air in Colorado is covid free. Not a mask in sight where as his photo ops from the 9/11 tour everyone around him had one.Depends where you are, President Dumbass was wearing his mask as he boarded Air Force One at DIA when he was all by himself going up the stairs, so there must have been a rogue pocket of covid there :hand:

Griffin
09-15-2021, 10:06 PM
ahhhh, caught in the jetstream :rolleyes:

Griffin
09-15-2021, 10:36 PM
well except for in schools and stuff for measles, mumps, rubella, polio, etc..)

There are outbreaks of measles in the refugee camps arriving from Afghanistan.

lost in melb.
09-16-2021, 04:54 AM

Ok, vaccination additionally boosts your immune system beyond being a covid recoveree. However, this is borne out by statistics and not individual health.

I will admit though, that there is an element of coercion in the policy. Because those that are vaccinated still have a chance of catching and transmitting the disease. If it was truly equitable and about reducing transmission they would test both vaccinated and unvaccinated for covid in the workplace

lost in melb.
09-16-2021, 04:56 AM
Depends where you are, President Dumbass was wearing his mask as he boarded Air Force One at DIA when he was all by himself going up the stairs, so there must have been a rogue pocket of covid there :hand:

So cynical. They didn't want him giving Covid to the plane :rock:

Muddy
09-16-2021, 01:36 PM

I'm vaxxed for that..! :d

perrhaps
09-17-2021, 08:55 AM

Really? I never knew our "allies" in Afghanistan were Amish.

KevinD
09-17-2021, 11:03 PM
Really? I never knew our "allies" in Afghanistan were Amish.

Der, whut?

deebakes
09-18-2021, 03:47 PM
mandatory at my employer (was close to the same pre-biden exec order for healthcare places)

deebakes
09-18-2021, 03:47 PM
could get an exemption but it almost came with a scarlet letter

DemonGeminiX
09-18-2021, 05:59 PM
could get an exemption but it almost came with a scarlet letter

:hand:

Only whores get the scarlet letter.

deebakes
09-19-2021, 05:42 PM
i prefer 'sex worker'

DemonGeminiX
09-19-2021, 08:17 PM
i prefer 'sex worker'

:nono:

Labels depend on how much you're charging.