PDA

View Full Version : Republican leader blast Democrats for attempting to muzzle parents through new DOJ policy

Teh One Who Knocks
10-06-2021, 10:46 AM
By Michael Lee | Fox News

https://i.imgur.com/yKhKYqXh.jpg

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy took aim at a new Department of Justice policy intended to crack down on alleged "threats of violence" against school officials, saying it was part of an effort by Democrats to muzzle parents.

"President Biden's latest decision is part of a disturbing trend in the Democrat Party to silence parents," McCarthy said on Twitter Tuesday. "We should encourage family participation in our schools, not baselessly attack opposing views because leftist groups want control over curriculums."
At issue is a new DOJ effort to combat an alleged increase in violence and threats directed at schools boards and other school officials. Many parents have been attending meetings across the country to voice their displeasure with COVID-19 restrictions and the use of critical race theory in curricula.

"Threats against public servants are not only illegal, they run counter to our nation’s core values," Attorney General Merrick Garland said of the effort in a statement Monday. "Those who dedicate their time and energy to ensuring that our children receive a proper education in a safe environment deserve to be able to do their work without fear for their safety."

Garland directed federal law enforcement agencies to work with state and local law enforcement to discuss the "disturbing trend" of harassment directed at school officials.

But in a statement Tuesday, McCarthy accused Democrats of being guilty of their own "disturbing trend," arguing that the new DOJ effort was an attempt to "silence parents from having a say in their own children's education."

"We saw it last week when Virginia Democrat gubernatorial candidate, Terry McAuliffe, said parents shouldn’t have a say in what their own children are taught and it continues this week with the Biden administration labeling parents with concerns and dissenting opinions as domestic terrorists," McCarthy said.

The California Republican also argued that parents should be encouraged to participate in public school systems.

"Parents have a fundamental right to be lawfully involved in their children’s education," McCarthy said. "We should encourage family participation in our school systems, not baselessly attack opposing views because some liberal education officials and special interest groups see it as a threat to the power they want to have over what children learn in America’s classrooms."

McCarthy added that congressional Republicans will be "demanding answers" from the administration on the new policy.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-06-2021, 10:47 AM
...Virginia Democrat gubernatorial candidate, Terry McAuliffe, said parents shouldn’t have a say in what their own children are taught...

What???? :huh:

Griffin
10-06-2021, 10:58 AM
Time to face the facts.... dems have all been replaced by pod people.

Griffin
10-06-2021, 11:08 AM
https://i.imgur.com/RAeMna7.gif

Teh One Who Knocks
10-06-2021, 12:23 PM
https://i.imgur.com/hLyeKKl.png

Muddy
10-06-2021, 01:18 PM
What???? :huh:

Yeah, It's on an opponents ad.. Shows him at a forum speaking the actual words..

Teh One Who Knocks
10-06-2021, 01:26 PM
Yeah, It's on an opponents ad.. Shows him at a forum speaking the actual words..

Un-fucking-real

Muddy
10-06-2021, 01:58 PM
Un-fucking-real

We were both pretty shocked when we saw it. (a day or two ago) We aren't fans of critical race theory, we think it burdens our kids with the sins and guilts of generations before them and serves no purpose but to make a bunch of angry butthurt POC feel better knowing they have poisoned the next generation with their baggage. These kids are supposed to all be equal and opportunity for all.. How can you have that when you drill into their heads the sins of their forefathers and how they supposedly still benefit from it..? It perpetuates an environment of 'us' and 'them'. These kids are free from that, until we jam it down their throats.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-06-2021, 02:14 PM
We were both pretty shocked when we saw it. (a day or two ago) We aren't fans of critical race theory, we think it burdens our kids with the sins and guilts of generations before them and serves no purpose but to make a bunch of angry butthurt POC feel better knowing they have poisoned the next generation with their baggage. These kids are supposed to all be equal and opportunity for all.. How can you have that when you drill into their heads the sins of their forefathers and how they supposedly still benefit from it..? It perpetuates an environment of 'us' and 'them'. These kids are free from that, until we jam it down their throats.

The sad part is that I bet he's ahead in the polls.

Muddy
10-06-2021, 02:23 PM
The sad part is that I bet he's ahead in the polls.

Last I heard was that they are close... I'm not saying the Democrats are cheaters, but I will say that I'm not convinced they wont do everything they can to win an election.

PorkChopSandwiches
10-06-2021, 03:14 PM
Disgusting, these people have forgot who they work for

Teh One Who Knocks
10-06-2021, 04:14 PM
https://i.imgur.com/w70bt3p.png

Muddy
10-06-2021, 04:35 PM
Well at least we can smoke dope now... :(

Griffin
10-06-2021, 04:41 PM
https://www.zocalopublicsquare.org//wp-content/gallery/hellwarth-on-vw/Hellwarth-on-VW-LEAD.jpeg

lost in melb.
10-11-2021, 06:23 AM
Broadly agree with you guys, but the Department of Justice policy is intended to crack down on alleged "threats of violence" against school officials.

DemonGeminiX
10-11-2021, 04:17 PM
Broadly agree with you guys, but the Department of Justice policy is intended to crack down on alleged "threats of violence" against school officials.

That what they say, but what they intend to do with the policy is way different. If you haven't been paying attention, whenever Democrats hear opposing opinions and speech they disagree with, they deem it "terrorism" and "violence". Now Biden's DOJ will be operating under those parameters.

RBP
10-11-2021, 10:41 PM

“Words are violence” is an illiberal notion meant to stifle speech. Popularized by a generation of coddled college kids, it now guides the editorial pages of major newspapers. New York Times staffers, for example, had a meltdown over a Sen. Cotton op-ed calling for deploying the military into cities. The column, they said, put black lives in “danger.”

‘Words are violence’ is the slogan of tyranny (https://nypost.com/2020/06/21/words-are-violence-is-the-slogan-of-tyranny/)

KevinD
10-12-2021, 01:06 AM
The sound of my silence is simply me prepping

lost in melb.
10-12-2021, 05:01 AM

That what they say, but what they intend to do with the policy is way different. If you haven't been paying attention, whenever Democrats hear opposing opinions and speech they disagree with, they deem it "terrorism" and "violence". Now Biden's DOJ will be operating under those parameters.

The only time I've seen parents manhandled by police or security guards is when they are acting out. It's not a one man show. You get your 5 minutes at the mic, and that's it.

There's 1000 other ways to express disagreement about school policy other than ways that get you arrested.

Pony
10-12-2021, 11:32 AM
The only time I've seen parents manhandled by police or security guards is when they are acting out. It's not a one man show. You get your 5 minutes at the mic, and that's it.

There's 1000 other ways to express disagreement about school policy other than ways that get you arrested.

Do you believe that a parent passionately expressing his opinion at a school board meeting = domestic terrorism? Even if it leads to an arrest I don't feel that it qualifies as a "federal" issue. It's a local one and should be dealt with locally.

lost in melb.
10-13-2021, 08:47 AM
Put like that, I don't. And I agree that it should not remotely be a Federal issue.