PDA

View Full Version : 'Working In Fast Food Would Be Humiliating,’ Says Man Living On Government Handouts In Parents' Basement

Teh One Who Knocks
10-07-2021, 12:06 PM
The Babylon Bee

https://i.imgur.com/exCkS1cl.jpg

MONROE, MI—Local man Chib Whimbly is casually looking for a job that will take him despite him having no useful qualifications whatsoever. Even though every fast food restaurant in the country is desperately begging for people, Whimbly—who lives in his parents' basement on unemployment assistence—says fast food would be beneath him.

"What I'm really looking for is a place that will pay at least 100K for me to record TikTok videos in my backyard," he said. "Fast food would be humiliating!"

Experts have noted an epidemic of shameless people who would rather live a life of leisure collecting tax money from hard-working people—like some sort 18th-century foppish French aristocrat in a powdered wig—than suffer the indignity of a hard day's work.

Whimbly is hoping to get back to work as soon as the right opportunity—preferably one that offers unlimited vacation and snacks—presents itself.

Muddy
10-07-2021, 01:37 PM
Aside from being a Bee article.. This is very true. All these younger people think they are going to be tik tok stars or insta models.. It's crazy.

Griffin
10-07-2021, 01:41 PM
Aside from being a Bee article..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmFwBkIWN8o

Muddy
10-07-2021, 01:42 PM
I'll have to watch at lunch.. ^

Teh One Who Knocks
10-07-2021, 01:56 PM
There's a local fast food chain here (Good Times) that has a restaurant near the shop and they are advertising on their sign that they are offering $16.50/hour.

Muddy
10-07-2021, 01:57 PM
It's nuts out there right now..

PorkChopSandwiches
10-07-2021, 05:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmFwBkIWN8o

:tup:

deebakes
10-08-2021, 01:22 AM
and bonuses for staying on the job three months, i think i saw $1000 for mcd's

lost in melb.
10-11-2021, 02:34 AM
Imagine that the U.S. had a market mechanism that spurred employers to voluntarily pay higher wages, offer better benefits and use workers more productively. Actually, that mechanism exists — it’s called a labor shortage.

Look to history and you'll see this every time.

Teh One Who Knocks
10-11-2021, 10:53 AM
Imagine that the U.S. had a market mechanism that spurred employers to voluntarily pay higher wages, offer better benefits and use workers more productively. Actually, that mechanism exists — it’s called a labor shortage.

Look to history and you'll see this every time.

We've been round and round over this so many times, I'm not sure what you don't seem to want to understand. First, minimum wage was NEVER intended to be a 'living wage'. It's intended for kids and retirees working part time jobs. Second, every single job has a wage ceiling whether people want to admit it or not. It is NOT economically realistic or feasible to pay someone $20/hour to flip burgers at McDonalds. And third, if you are a grown ass adult, and the only life skills you have qualify you for nothing more than a minimum wage job, that's on YOU, not on anyone else. Not one single company in the world owes you anything. They are paying you for your skill set. And I'll add a fourth, if all you can do is qualify for a minimum wage job, maybe keep your fucking legs closed and quit breeding and then whining that you're a single mom of 5 and can't find a job anywhere to be able to make a living.

All people were doing 18 months ago was whining how the minimum wage had to be a 'living wage' and that it needed to pay at least $15/hour. Well you know what? So many places are now already paying above and beyond that and these lazy fuckers are still not going out and getting jobs because now they are used to the government paying them to stay home. You can be a total loser and a fuck-up and you can now get paid $16.50/hour to flip burgers here in Denver. There is absolutely NO labor shortage. It's lazy and entitled fucking people thinking they are 'owed' something way above what they are worth.

lost in melb.
10-11-2021, 11:03 AM
We've been round and round over this so many times, I'm not sure what you don't seem to want to understand. First, minimum wage was NEVER intended to be a 'living wage'. It's intended for kids and retirees working part time jobs. Second, every single job has a wage ceiling whether people want to admit it or not. It is NOT economically realistic or feasible to pay someone $20/hour to flip burgers at McDonalds. And third, if you are a grown ass adult, and the only life skills you have qualify you for nothing more than a minimum wage job, that's on YOU, not on anyone else. Not one single company in the world owes you anything. They are paying you for your skill set. And I'll add a fourth, if all you can do is qualify for a minimum wage job, maybe keep your fucking legs closed and quit breeding and then whining that you're a single mom of 5 and can't find a job anywhere to be able to make a living.

All people were doing 18 months ago was whining how the minimum wage had to be a 'living wage' and that it needed to pay at least $15/hour. Well you know what? So many places are now already paying above and beyond that and these lazy fuckers are still not going out and getting jobs because now they are used to the government paying them to stay home. You can be a total loser and a fuck-up and you can now get paid $16.50/hour to flip burgers here in Denver. There is absolutely NO labor shortage. It's lazy and entitled fucking people thinking they are 'owed' something way above what they are worth.

Fine, but won't the market sort out the issue though? In Australia you can't just sit around on the 'dole' indefinately.

Assume this is the case in US, as well. So when the 'lazy fucks' must finally get work in the it will be on their terms. Is this a bad thing?

lost in melb.
10-11-2021, 11:31 AM
And, you know what, I fundamentally disagree with [almost] everything about your post. If you're working 8 + hours a day doing manual jobs that no one else wants to do, you deserve to live on that. Plenty of people in Australia do simple manual work like supermarkets, cleaning and retail industry and hospitality and I want them to be able to live comfortably on that. Not everybody has the capability or the opportunity to skill up and I don't see why they need to live as impoverished second-class citizens.

Muddy
10-11-2021, 04:21 PM
And, you know what, I fundamentally disagree with [almost] everything about your post. If you're working 8 + hours a day doing manual jobs that no one else wants to do, you deserve to live on that. Plenty of people in Australia do simple manual work like supermarkets, cleaning and retail industry and hospitality and I want them to be able to live comfortably on that. Not everybody has the capability or the opportunity to skill up and I don't see why they need to live as impoverished second-class citizens.

I agree with you. From my seat, Wages (minimum or not) have in no way kept up with inflation.