PDA

View Full Version : Canada's women's hockey team drops 3rd straight Olympic tune-up to men's junior squad

Teh One Who Knocks
10-20-2021, 12:26 PM
The Canadian Press

https://i.imgur.com/7kcRC6o.png

The Drumheller Dragons held Canada's women's hockey team off the scoresheet Monday, blanking the national squad 8-0 in an Olympic tune-up.

Adam Raesler scored a hat trick for the Alberta Junior Hockey League side, while Luke Fennig added a pair of goals. Ty Daneault, Grayson Dietrich and Ty Whitford all scored singles for the men's junior A club.

Canada's Kristen Campbell stopped 19 of 22 shots in two periods of work and Emerance Maschmeyer six saves in relief.

Eric Ward saved all five shots he faced in 29 minutes of play for the Dragons and Garrett Fuller finished out the game, making six stops.

Neither side capitalized with the man advantage, with Team Canada going 0-for-3 on the power play and Drumheller going 0-for-2.

Canada has now lost three games in a row to men's junior A hockey teams as it prepares for the 2022 Winter Games in Beijing.

Griffin
10-20-2021, 12:35 PM
I wonder how they do against the Letterkenny Shamrocks :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
10-20-2021, 12:54 PM
But I've been reliably informed that there is no difference between male and female athletes :-k

DemonGeminiX
10-20-2021, 01:03 PM
Fuck you, Shoresy.

Griffin
10-20-2021, 02:13 PM
they need Mary-Anne and Betty-Anne playing for them

DemonGeminiX
10-20-2021, 03:49 PM
But I've been reliably informed that there is no difference between male and female athletes :-k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw6Buh4_iSQ

PorkChopSandwiches
10-20-2021, 03:57 PM
give your balls a tug

Griffin
10-20-2021, 04:07 PM
"You skate like a fuckin girl Birdcage."
" Because I am one."
"No your not... are ya really?... holy fuck"

DemonGeminiX
10-20-2021, 04:32 PM
"Great day for competitive men's hockey, eh? What's women's hockey like, same thing but less competitive or what?"

:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
10-20-2021, 04:41 PM
I wonder if the coach of the men's team has to tell them not to check the women too hard? :-k

Godfather
10-21-2021, 03:05 AM
Junior A is really good hockey. Major-Junior (OHL, QMJHL & WHL) is one league up and where a lot of the Canadian NHL draft picks come from, but a lot of guys play one level down in Junior A to keep their NCAA eligibility open (because for some reason NCAA considers Major-Junior 'pro hockey' and kills college eligibility) so they're no slouches.

I've played against quite a few guys who played a league even below that in Junior B and even they are unbelievably good.

All that to say... I'm not surprised :lol: Nice for exposure that they're trying it out but it's not a fair match-up even if these are 17-18 year old boys.