PDA

View Full Version : Furious residents say people are having sex in cars and against walls ‘day and night’

Teh One Who Knocks
10-26-2021, 11:28 AM
By Adam Aiken & Samuel Port - The Daily Star

https://i.imgur.com/zfqcZVI.png

Fuming residents are calling for action to stop prostitutes openly having sex with customers in the street "all day and night".

Locals living in Pleasant Terrace, in the Holbeck area of Leeds, say sex workers have been flocking to the area since a "managed approach" was scrapped in March last year after six years.

The “managed red zone” allowed prostitution between certain hours on allocated streets away from the neighbourhood, reports Leeds Live.

Campaigners successfully lobbied to get rid of the red light zone in a bid to rid the entire area of prostitution, but residents say the sex workers have now returned.

Peter Saxton, who's known as Ebb and has lived there for more than 20 years, said they were around the residential area "all day and night".

Ebb, 67, regularly finds condoms on the street "filled with all the detritus" and has seen people having sex in cars right outside his house.

https://i.imgur.com/9CHvEIY.png

The retired book-binder wants the managed approach to return.

“I've actually seen sex outside the house, on the street,” he said.

"In a car, I've seen them doing it up against a wall, just about everywhere.

"We didn't get many prostitutes around here when the managed zone was on but these people campaigned to get rid of it and now the prostitutes are back here. Day and night. One woman got into a car here at 9am.

"What annoyed me is these [campaigners] didn't even live around here. They all got a vote to remove the managed zone but all they were bothered about was the name of Holbeck being dragged through the mud as a red light area.

"I'm unhappy kerb crawlers and prostitutes are no longer down there where it was and they're back outside my house."

https://i.imgur.com/gZQko2a.png

A spokesperson for the campaign group, Save Our Eyes, said: "We are unaware of Pleasant Terrace being a hotspot for sex industry activity."

Maria Osorio, 28, lives in neighbouring street Pleasant Place and said kerb crawlers had propositioned her on her way home through Pleasant Terrace.

And Amelia, 18, said being stopped by kerb crawlers "happens a lot". The first-year medical student said: "They assume that every woman on the street is a sex worker, so they would stop you and ask you about it. If I'm alone it worries me, especially if you can see if they're a bit sketchy."

Hotel porter Alexandru Gatej, 37, has lived in Pleasant Terrace for five years and agrees that there’s a problem.

"This is not a good area," he said.

"There's lots of prostitutes who come here … you hear people coming here and arguing. They look like they use drugs and alcohol.”

Deniz Mustafa is the cashier for the nearby shop Venus Supermarket in Pleasant Street, he said: "In this area, especially night time, outside it's a bit strange and dangerous with the working girls and drug dealers walking around.

"It's not good to go outside when you're living here. The prostitutes, they come in here during the day and steal cookies and perfumes."

deebakes
10-27-2021, 03:01 AM
:wank:

lost in melb.
10-27-2021, 08:36 PM
Cute